Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so i purchased a 93 9000 cse with a blown tranny which i hope can be replaced with either my 87 or 88 trans? and it has a dead spot in the TPS, other than that it has an engine with about 130 000km on it. I would like to do some performance upgrades while im fixing it. what type of upgrades are the most worth while? i would definately consider a tune if the mods require it. thanks

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
3" downpipe and exhaust, and a cone filter or at least cutting holes in the airbox are great, relatively cheap places to start. With those, you'd be able to support up to a stage 3 tune. After that, upgrading the turbo is the way to get more power, but you'll probably find you don't really need it. Most would probably recommend doing more for handling and braking at that point, such as sway bars, strut brace, new shocks and struts (bilstein are probably most popular), braided stainless steel brake lines, and new pads. Run some searches on here, you'll uncover a wealth of information. Good luck!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so from what i can tell the 93 just has 3.61:1 final drive ratio while the 87 has 2.88:1 so it wont be as quick. i think ill attempt it this week and maybe ill be able to swap final drive gears.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, so burnside you were half right, the bellhousing bolt pattern is slightly different but i was able to get 3 of the 5 bolts in. i will drive it like that untill something bad happens lol, other than that the swap went well.

·
Registered
352 Posts
My 93 cse had the NA transmission in it. With a tdo4, it was a blast to drive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.