Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would like to know the story and history on this car!! It's a 1992 Saab 9000cd griffin edition 2.3 w/turbo. It has a little silver plack by the ignition that says griffin edition #189 of 400. I just bought this thing and its been acting up. I've been told its the throttle body. the tcs light is on and wont idle and seems to need more air. I was also told i can buy throttle body cleaner for an easy fix. Is this true? Every 90 to 95 I've looked at in the bone yard is totally different from mine? Please help!! This one has a top motor mount and it looks like one less output on the throttle body. I'm confused!! Is there a gasket i can just replace? being a vacuum system. I love everything about this car.... the looks, the ride, the gadgets, and the mileage!! ( ALSO: Recently the blower motor has died. Would you be so kind to tell me where it's located so I can replace it!) Thank you sooooo much!!
Aaron

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Moved!

Welcome to the link! Sounds like you have yourself quite the find! A 9000 Griffin was 1 of only 400 built! I know for a fact that there have been MANY sent to the crusher and are no more. They are VERY unique Saab 9000's! I would love to find one myself to add to the collection.

Blower motor problems could be as simple as a fuse, acc panel or blower motor itself.
Some simple checks could narrow that down quick. Parts for your car will be sourced from older 9000's (pre 1993) but also newer then 1991 :)

Being a TCS car - it will have issues, but those can varry from needing a TB unit rebuilt (BBA Reman) or new solenoids (there are 2). Rare cases there is an ECU under the driver seat which too can fail. Best bet - find a Saab Dealer who has an ISAT Scanner and pay them to retrieve the codes/diag the problem. You can fix it yourself if you have just a little mechanical skill more then likely.

Search the forum - we just had a few brief TCS conversations. Much help can be found here using the search!

Good Luck and post pictures! And if you decide you want to move onto a different Saab - let me know, I would Save the Griffin :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts