Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Colorado car.... I'm the third owner, and it's now in Florida! The red grille was all chipped and touched up and chipped again... it now has a scrapyard chrome one in decent shape. I'm going to strip the red one and black it out, I think.

It's a bit tweaked... but it's not a screaming monster. I'd like to get about 30 more HP out of her. It's on the second transmission, but original clutch, and original turbo. Interior is in EXCELLENT shape. Great handling with Abbott springs, but man, is it ever LOW. Good thing Florida is flat!

And yes, I know my hood is crooked.... I'll get to it soon!

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Oh nice SPG. Welcome to the site. 8)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the comments fellas!

The very first owner did the chassis mods around 1996... I have the receipts, I could dig up EXACTLY what he purchased, I think, if you want. But it's at LEAST an inch lower than a stock SPG, maybe more. I like it, but I admit that sometimes I wish the car was a bit more 'purist', and didn't sit QUITE so low. But as I said, it handles GREAT, and I wasn't lying about being glad Florida is flat... and we've got nice smooth roads, 'cause she's pretty stiff. It also has a Repco brake upgrade... it stops incredibly well, too.

The hood is actually a replacement.... it had a fender-bender in the late '90's, and the front half or so of the car has been repainted. But now the rear half has faded a bit, and it doesn't match exactly. Pretty good, but not exact.

Not everybody feels the way I do about their Saab, but I treat mine as someone would treat a bit of a collector car.... like someone's '69 GTO or something. I try to only drive it when the weather's nice, because I'm fortunate enough to have 2 vehicles. I drive it maybe 3 or 4 days a week. Since this is something I've always wanted, I'm going to pamper it a bit... someday I'll do a nice restoration on it. (Or rather, I'll PAY someone to do it, 'cause I don't have the skills)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts