Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am selling my 1989 Saab 900S. This car has only 20,7XX miles on it, you WILL NOT find another one out there with so few miles (I've checked). The entire car is in pristine condition, particularly the engine and rubber pieces that you might think would be dry-rotted. This is not a barn car or anything - it was in fact a kind old ladies "daily driver". She just rarely ever drove.

Some details on the car:
1989 Saab 900S
20,7XX miles
Automatic
Blue on blue
3 Door
Cloth interior

asking $6,500

The car is immaculate, and I invite you to view my detailed advertisement here:
http://www.stlswedespeed.com/david.zemon/89saab/

Pictures and video can be seen here:
http://www.stlswedespeed.com/david.zemon/89saab/pics/
(Download the first file, a .zip, to view everything at once)

Thank you for your interest,

David Zemon
(636) 290-8097

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
Beautiful car. GLWS.

Btw, I'm not in the business of critiquing f/s ads, but you might consider this stuff:

The zip is handy but most aren't going to wait around for a 50MB download and really aren't going to view each picture linked individually. You get bonus points for the big photos, though. When shopping for myself, that is something I always appreciate from the seller. Throw the photos on a (free) Flickr account and you'll get a lot more viewers, built in slideshows, etc. At the very least, since the photos are already hosted, embed the photos in your ad and original post here.

PS - the first thing I thought when I hit your site was -- ugh, yellow on black background is hard on the eyes... don't even want to deal with the strain after a long day staring at screens.

Again, good luck! :)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Beautiful car, but if I was selling, I'd fix all the "less than good" points. Each is a relatively simple fix and will leave a potential buyer with less room to bargain. Good luck in the sale.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Beautiful car. GLWS.

Btw, I'm not in the business of critiquing f/s ads, but you might consider this stuff:

The zip is handy but most aren't going to wait around for a 50MB download and really aren't going to view each picture linked individually. You get bonus points for the big photos, though. When shopping for myself, that is something I always appreciate from the seller. Throw the photos on a (free) Flickr account and you'll get a lot more viewers, built in slideshows, etc. At the very least, since the photos are already hosted, embed the photos in your ad and original post here.

PS - the first thing I thought when I hit your site was -- ugh, yellow on black background is hard on the eyes... don't even want to deal with the strain after a long day staring at screens.

Again, good luck! :)
Interesting points. I'll see about creating a photo album for it somewhere. I'll probably need to just post it on my smugmug. That would make a lot more sense now wouldn't it.

As for the background.... That's tough. I can change it - I'm the webmaster - but I just went along with the theme for the rest of our site so it was really easy to build. If I come up with a better design that's still easy to read, I'll do it.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Personally - why not fix a few of those simple problems? I would think with less minor defects in the list you would have a little easier of time selling said car. Looks great otherwise - could use a nice paint detail and swirl/scratch correction :D (christian?) lol

Good Luck! I always think it's a real shame that the low mileage cars usually end up being base model's or automatics :( Somewhat surprising that it even has rust in how you described all considering, but it's minor (and might be one of those things you want to correct?) Also - no picture of said rust.

And how nice - it has passive belts! (Do those still work?) I have a new ECU for those if not....

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Personally - why not fix a few of those simple problems? I would think with less minor defects in the list you would have a little easier of time selling said car. Looks great otherwise - could use a nice paint detail and swirl/scratch correction :D (christian?) lol

Good Luck! I always think it's a real shame that the low mileage cars usually end up being base model's or automatics :( Somewhat surprising that it even has rust in how you described all considering, but it's minor (and might be one of those things you want to correct?) Also - no picture of said rust.

And how nice - it has passive belts! (Do those still work?) I have a new ECU for those if not....
The belts do actually work! Very well in fact.

The paint I've already detailed thoroughly. I spent three days on it between the wash, Mequiars M205 polish + M6601 liquid wax, and various bits on the interior. It looks waayyy better than it did before I got it. I even recovered the door cards with new foam under the cloth.

I would actually love to fix some more of things that I've listed - unfortunately I'm now in Terre Haute (going to school), and the car is in St. Louis. I bought it a couple weeks before heading off so that I'd have time to fix a few other things that were wrong with it and drive it some, then sell it.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Is the hole right above the fuel tank?

The heated seats were not small $$ for a dealer repair. I had a manual 1989 identical to your car. My wife used to leave the heaters on and burnt out a few. Pity, if that car was closer it would be on my list.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is the hole right above the fuel tank?

The heated seats were not small $$ for a dealer repair. I had a manual 1989 identical to your car. My wife used to leave the heaters on and burnt out a few. Pity, if that car was closer it would be on my list.
The whole is not above the fuel tank at all - it's next to the spare wheel compartment, beneath the tool kit. You can see the pavement through it.

Sorry for the slow response.

Car is still for sale - asking $5,000!
I promise you won't be able to let this car out of your sight after a test drive.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.