Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My last car was a 1989 9000CD Turbo. Beautiful car and all, but it had some minor problems with it. Eventually the transmission went bad. I had to drive the car with the automatic shifter going from 1 to 2 etc...So a few days after the tranny goes bad I am driving behind a slow ass mexican mushroom truck. I get impatient and decide to make a left turn up ahead. A make a quick look up the hill ahead of me, and then make my turn. As I began my turn, I get hit on the passenger side. The other driver was coming up over the hill, claiming he was doing 25mph and hit me with the front of his car. I get out to inspect the damage, and it's bad. I thought it was just a hit on the door, cause everything was in slow motion, but it turns out the whole passenger front wheel is smashed in, and the hood, and the side panels all the way to the back of the car. Like the driver hit me, and kept driving, sliding all the way down the panels. Turns out he is one of the biggest lawyers in my town, but I didn't find that out until weeks later, fortunately he didn't press charges or anything for reckless driving or anything of the sort. He was driving a Mercedes-Benz SUV and all he had was a pushed-in front bumper. He was driving his baby son, but he was OK. His mother came immediately, game me a look and smurked something about young drivers and then drove her son off to the hospital for a checkup. cough cough bitch cough.

So my car was totalled. Damage was more of the value of the car. Had to move on.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Wow. I'm glad everyone was okay. That could've been quite an accident. Its kind of wierd that you got into an accident with one of the biggest lawyers in town...that could've been a WHOLE other mess. I see you moved on quite nicely, so it seems everything worked out :D

Question.. His wife made a comment about young drivers. If you don't mind me asking, how old are / were you?

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At the time of the accident I had just got my license about 5 months earlier, so I was 16 back then. I have pictures, but I need to grab my scanner over christmas break from storage and hook it up. Maybe I will post some pics then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts