Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!Hey there SaabLinkers, I am a longtime lurker on this site and I am Selling my 89' sedan because I just purchased a 53k new 2000 9-5 Aero :cool:. My 89T daily driver has served me well and I would love to restore it sand keep it as a second car, but I just can't find the time/money for that kind of project at the moment. The car in its current from is far from perfect but I hope I can find a good loving owner who will restore/renew it rather than part it out. I would also be much more favorable on the price for someone who was going to keep her around. The car was maintained (mechanically) by Viking auto in Gaithersburg She has around 115k on the odometer but the odometer has been on and off for like 5 k so the mileage is probably more like 120k-125k. Included below are a few pictures showing off the good and the bad. The car is located in Bethesda, Maryland.

The Good-

Transmission and engine are strong
Fairly low miles for her Vintage
Dash was installed about 3k ago and is fairly good shape ( one minor small crack shown in picture)

The Bad-

Paint pitted on roof and trunk
Right front fender has the Cancer
right front fog-light broke off ( Stupid Steep Driveways)
Interior is pretty ratty ( ripped drivers seat front dash fascia/bezel is coming off)Could use a new exhaust cat-back
Just develop a bogging at RPMs above 4500 I think its the FPR or maybe it just needs a new fuel filter

The New
Newish brakes (rotors and pads) 7k ago
New Stock header
New Intermediate Pipe on exhaust.
Newish OEM factory Pirelli tires with about 5k on them

The Old
Probably needs vacuum hoses

Pics in this album.

http://picasaweb.google.com/bhobbes89/1989Saab900t?feat=directlink

·
Registered
270 Posts
Maryland?

I looked at a similar turbo sedan out near Hagerstown (I assume it's not the same b/c the one I looked at had no fender rust, but a huge hole in the driver side floor :().

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
maryland

Yeah the location might help...I am located in Bethesda, Maryland. It does not have any rust coming through the floors.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Looks like it has potential - shame about the rust, but that is repairable at the least. Any chance of photo's of the metal around both front control arms/axles? Jacking Points are weak on these cars as much as the rear floors are too. More pictures? Again - I would LOVE to buy this car, and I have no need for it - but I sure know a few ppl looking for a decent 4 door turbo c900....

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I just got a loaner car from S&S in Warrenton today, a red 2 door 900 turbo. Made me miss my old C900. Wish I could take this one off your hands, but only room for my NG right now.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey there, I added a few more pictures of underneath the car..They aren't the best pictures because I'm no photographer. the too rust spots in the picture are underneath the fender wear the rust is on the right side. The other bit is on the front around wear the fog lights are. I should be available tomorrow to show the car. Just shoot me an email for a time. [email protected]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts