Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1988 9000 turbo Automatic up for grabs.
Great parts car, runs and drives.
Has steel wheels on it (might want those back) Red with red leather int.
Turbo works fine.
Tranny has 10,000 miles on it.
Did comp test on it and it had good numbers, likes to blow oil out of filler tube so I said the heck with it.
I would part it but really want to move on to other projects.
Any offers/trades welcome..... I hate to think it might go to local scrap yard (they suck)

·
10,303 Posts
Any idea why it would blow the oil out like that?

I used to have a 86 9000T and loved it. The color is a bit iffy though 8)

And how many miles does the rest of it have on it? :wink: Rust?

·
7,595 Posts
If you don't find anyone who wants it, I will take it in to fix it :) I have 2 900's that I daily drive bit I could toss a good trans in it and find it a good home. Changing a 9000 transmission is easy as cake for me. let me know :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nothing wrong with the trans at all, needs attention in the engine department.

I bought the car for $100 thinking I could either fix it or part it. When I bought it the car had a flat tire and a dead battery but took a chance, after all it was only $100.00.
I fixed the tire and threw a battery in it and it started right up and drove fine.
The car was a doctor’s car and had been sitting in a musty garage for two years before this doctor returned to his home country.
Before I was going to invest any time or money into it I did a compression test, after the compression indicated to me it was OK I changed the oil and began to clean up the car. After changing the oil and driving it around the block I noticed that the oil was coming out the oil filler tube, I changed the PCV but it still does it…. That was it, I stopped and figured I have enough projects I don’t need another. Yes I could part it and make money, yes I could put another motor in it and drive it….. I just don’t want to.
If someone comes and takes the car, fine…..
Who knows….. tomorrow is another day.

·
10,303 Posts
How much rust is on the car, Once I lower my 900, I will want something to drive in the winter...Your car seems like a good candidate. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts