Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a new winter shitbox, a 1986 900 spg with 282,000(or more, odo doesnt work lol) miles. the only real problem with it (besides a leaking caliper :| )is the cruise control. it works, but the problem is instead of cruising, it slowly accelerates lol. also, the brake switch doesnt appear to be working (tapping the brake pedal wont disengage it, and the clutch pedal was finicky. one time i put it in neutral, let off the clutch, and the revs started climbing. turned off the cruise, and it went back to idle)

is this an easy fix? yes, i know that having anything resembling cruise control on an 86 is a miracle. if it was completely broken i'd ignore it, but since it seems to mostly work, i'd like to try an salvage it.

·
Deez Nutz
15,679 Posts
It's vac based, so check all the lines. Sounds like you have a leak somewhere in the engine bay side of things, making it seem like it needs to add throttle.

You will love the high-tech chain that yanks on the gas pedal.

As for the switch, make sure it's extending all the way out when you push the brake pedal down. You can just bend the bracket.

Oh, and mine works. :p

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
after a 2 month delay, the guy doing the wiring harness for me finally shipped it out last week. so it's getting closer i suppose. also, post reported

·
Registered
645 Posts
+1 on a vacuum leak, it is a PITA to get at everything under the dash near the pedals.. but it is a relitavely simple operstion.. the one in my 86 didnt work when i got it, but it ended up just needing the switch adjusted closer to the pedal. use it everyday now, no flaws

·
10,303 Posts
after a 2 month delay, the guy doing the wiring harness for me finally shipped it out last week. so it's getting closer i suppose. also, post reported
Tell me about the harness guy, I want a re loom for my 85 soybean SPG.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.