Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
Wow.

Reassuring to know something like this exists still.

but

Sad to know other people with more money than I will recognize its value.

It's just as well. I'd ruin that car so fast... SPG kit, turbo 16V, 9000 Aero seats. I wouldn't be able to help myself. I'll add it to my watch list. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
The guy has been asking $15k for the car for over a year. I'd be willing to bet the reserve is at least $10k. The guy is nuts if he thinks he'll get that for a 900S...no matter how mint it is.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
to bad, if it was an SPG in that type of shape the value would be though the roof... somebody took great care of the wrong car

·
Registered
800 Posts
The guy has been asking $15k for the car for over a year. I'd be willing to bet the reserve is at least $10k. The guy is nuts if he thinks he'll get that for a 900S...no matter how mint it is.
That car has been for sale on and off for years. The Saab Museum should buy it!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Yeah, it's been for sale for a LONG time. Nice car, but like others said, it's not a very desireable model.

Plus, for that money, or maybe even half, one could take a c900 shell and make a REALLY nice car.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wow, the chromed rubber windshield trim is still...chromed!
i hate that body style and its got no leather. really undesirable imo. still its got the correct trans.

worth 10k for sure. if i had the money id buy it. prolly smells nice and new too. cant replicate that.

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Bet all the hoses and belts are shot too, not to mention the cork stuff inside the K-Jet system. Low mileage old cars can be worse than their higher mileage counterparts sometimes. Also this is a classic case where rare≠valuable. 86 is the better year for the notchbacks (16v vs 8v mostly) and realistically the notchbacks are the lamest looking c900's in stock form. I bet the reason why the mileage is so low is the guy never drove it cause it was so damn boring.

Paul

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
dont knock the n/a 16V they are a blast if you keep the speed up = ) plus im a sucker for any C900 with a trunk.....

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
dont knock the n/a 16V they are a blast if you keep the speed up = ) plus im a sucker for any C900 with a trunk.....
ok - but this one is an 8V - reliable but as stated - if not driven all sorts of problems can arrise you'd never see on a high mileage driven varient...

I bid - was out bid and reserve still not met. lol it's over $7,000 as of this morning... stupid crazy. I'd pay $1000 for it because it's so clean and a 16V n/a or turbo motor would suit this car so much better....

·
Registered
645 Posts
seriously this guy should have gotten a beryl green or tally red spg and he would have prolly gotten what he paid for it back..

where is jalopnik with nice price or crack pipe??

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
to bad, if it was an SPG in that type of shape the value would be though the roof... somebody took great care of the wrong car
No joke....a 90 Talladega SPG sold a while ago on eBay; normal miles (150, 160k, maybe) but it was nicely taken care of, VERY clean, had a pile of paperwork, and was an original-owner car. Went for $6,500.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts