1,487 Posts

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Drop in a b234. **

·
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
At best, an Eagle Premier 3.0 and modern-day MPFI will go in, which is apparently a massive improvement. Should make around 180 HP in good order, which is a major improvement over the standard 130 HP 2.8 PRV6

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
Gas flap hood?

Check if you have the windshield with the rare integrated antennae. That is worth $2500-5k on it's own.

They are very odd cars, I have never seen two that were identical. They would have a certain part for like days worth of production and then randomly switch to something different.

Looking forward to pics.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Oh god, now all the world knows. PDTT.

on another note, the look on DeLoreans face while finalizing his purchase was borderline epic.

His life is now complete, he will soon own the vehicle upon which his internet existence is based. Your neighbors will now officially think you are drug dealers, if they dont already think that.

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
I was wondering when you would finally get one of your screen-namesake.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Congrats! When are we going to 1955?

I think you should paint it black with a white stripe and get plates that say DelOreo.

·
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Gas flap hood?

Check if you have the windshield with the rare integrated antennae. That is worth $2500-5k on it's own.

They are very odd cars, I have never seen two that were identical. They would have a certain part for like days worth of production and then randomly switch to something different.

Looking forward to pics.
The gas flap hood is common to most early cars. Unlike the later cars where you could only fuel the car by opening the hood, this has the "gas flap" so you can just open that. Apparently the hoods got simpler and simpler as the production went on, as they were very costly to make at approximately a 25% success rate. The stainless had a tendency to crack in the dies when you got too complex with it. By the end of the production the hood was basically nothing more than a flat sheet. - see here

DeLorean Differences

1 - 20 of 98 Posts