Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mark Kostyrko, of AutoSpeed's "Steroid Poppin' Swede" magazine article fame is bringing his Enduro out for the first time in a fair while, and is making more modifications. I had the pleasure of visiting Mark and his lovely wife Diana this weekend to meet them and allow us to both acquaint ourselves with each others Enduros.

Would you like to hear a near 300bhp 8-valve B-motor's 3" exhaust note? :D

Enduro Videos

or

Steroid Poppin' Swede - Work in Progress on Vimeo

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Did you make the videos? They have a professional quality. I'm jealous of the front spoiler you guys have. It forces much more air to the intercooler

Also, Mark needs a better ramp system for his garage.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Nate :)

The videos are taken by my Canon 5D Mark-II DSLR in full HD. The beauty of this approach over my standard camcorders that I used to use is that I have the choice of many lenses and focal ratios/lengths. You'd be surprised how many scenes in current box office movies are captured with these cameras.

The spoiler gives you plenty of air to re-distribute where needed. The round ports are used to supply Marks current intercooler and the centres ram air into the bottom of the air cleaner can - straight up from underneath via a four-odd inch pipe.

I did mention to mark that his ramp needs a little attention.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
Any photos of your 110? I love those, and unless you have $85,000+ USD to spend you have no chance of getting into one over here. Not sure if the situation is similar in Australia or not...either way, I love those trucks, and yours looks damn neat!

The Enduro is spectacular as well, obviously ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any photos of your 110? I love those, and unless you have $85,000+ USD to spend you have no chance of getting into one over here. Not sure if the situation is similar in Australia or not...either way, I love those trucks, and yours looks damn neat!

The Enduro is spectacular as well, obviously ;)
I take it you're form Minnesota then. My ex-wife was from there. LOL! I'm sure MN wasn't the problem... :)

My Defender 110 is pretty heavily modded. I love it dearly and there aren't many places here in Australia that it hasn't travelled to. Strangely enough, there are many Saab owners here in Australia that also own Landrovers for some reason. Maybe there's a link along the lines of purposeful rather than aesthetic engineering maybe. Who knows...

A couple:

Attachments

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
Looks awesome! Yes, I am from Minnesota. Just got a bunch of snow dumped on us here, and I'd love to have something like that for days like yesterday.

I've driven a few Disco IIs recently, but they are a bit more complex electronically, and I'm not totally sure I'm a fan of that aspect. I do love how they drive though, great seating position and the interior just seems so open! I wish they would have brought more of the Defenders to the US...I think they would be more ideal for what I want.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts