Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1971 Saab Sonnette 3 sportscar - $400 (helendale, ca.)

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/2001670260.html

fairly complete car. no rear window. this is 1 of 1400 Saab imported that had a completely fiberglass body. engine is good but out of car . it is garaged. transmission needs rebuild. i have title but not currently registered or non opped. car is only fair condition and is a project or for parts.
*WARNING: The images may be disturbing to most and cause horrible feelings and facial expressions*

I like how there is no mention of the lack of "custom" work performed to it. Looks like the shell is trashed... can't imagine how wrecked the drivetrain is. Some people should not be allowed to touch cars. This guy is clearly one of them. Sonett turned Burnett

A moment of silence . . .

:shots fired:

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Aren't the headlights just turned up? It has some freaky fin though. Though the front end looks like a ton of custom fiberglass...pretty nasty but a solid project.
To me it looks like some ******* hick wanted a Chrysler Daytona and felt it better to build one out of a Saab (not the worst idea) and failed.

Have you ever seen a Sonett??

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
True ^ but it really looks terrible! lol I would hate the neighbors to see that get unloaded off a trailer... Besides, the rear glass is missing, which means lots of water damage. (Not the CA get's lots of rain, but still)

·
Registered
270 Posts
I did the same thing and the reply was "I don't think it has had body work...I'll get some more pictures." That area averages only like 6.5" of rain a year, so not rock dry but compared to the NE up in the 30"-40" range... it could probably sit for years and be fine. I'm driving home in December with my '99 vert, could always car dolly this sucker home (wah a stripped out sonett is probably 1000 pounds, I even know where a rusting sonett is within 10 miles of my house in PA, sounds plausible)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts