Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was on my way back from my trip to Pennsylvania yesterday and the car ran like a dream the whole way. I get off at my exit drove a little ways and hit a big bump suddenly my speedometer hit the needle at over 150 mph and the whole car died out. I let it sit a minute and it didn’t want to start up then I let it sit a little while longer and it started right up except the check engine light and ABS light where on and the speedometer needle was jumping all over the place. A little farther down the road it died again and I went through the same stuff and it started again with all the same problems and I drove it home. It runs great just the speedometer is off and the ABS light and the check engine light is on? It was also raining out at the time. What I think is that I hit a bump and broke a wheel speed sensor so when the car hits over 150 the fuel cuts out. Is there a fuel cut at a cretin speed? Dose anyone else have any ideas?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
first off, let me appologize for that happening

if i were you, i'd get it to a saab dealership, but you aren't me, and what i think the problem is, is that the speed sensor (which i believe is either on the rear axle or tranny, i am almost positive on the rear axle) broke off, or is loose, and that is causeing the check engine light and failure of speedo(duh). also, i think the abs light, is from bottoming out, i know i bottomed out my jeep and the light came on because i damaged the sensor on the abs thing by the brakes, check those out, other than that, i have no idea, never happened to me, and i've bottomed out the saab 4 times, and had all four wheels off the ground twice, and god damn is that fun

~justin

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
meh, you only live once, why not have fun with materialistic items
like sticking a bunch of things in the microwave

i helped him out bs42, what's your opinions on his troubles

~justin

·
Registered
584 Posts
Check the vehicle's wiring harness carefully around the fuse box and ECU, and make sure all the fuses and relays are securly in their sockets. Especially since you mentioned it was raining - if something was a bit loose and water got shaken or sprayed in when you hit a bump, it could have caused the problem.

I've had nearly identical problems with a few cars, and every time it was loose wiring around the fuse box area.

If an ABS wheel speed sensor or the speedo's speed sensor died, I don't see how it would cause problems with the other system, or cause the car to stop running.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts