Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For awhile on Megasquirt cars, i have been using the 14point7 sparten 2 wideband (see link below) and have noticed that is has a narrowband output as well.

https://www.amazon.com/14Point7-Spa...1493847076&sr=8-1&keywords=14point7+spartan+2

Today i figured i should try to wire it up, and see if the narrowband output works with saabs, Gunnie pig was my 2002 95 aero,, As of now, its working great with T7 ecu. No needed calibration via tuning, or out of the ordinary install work besides splicing 4 wires!

Below is how to wire it in, You can find all needed connection at the front (black) lambda 4 wire plug

pin 1 to red
pin 2 to white
pin 3 to black
pin 4 to brown

Wonder how MPGs will be effected. Will report back after more testing

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Nice. I have been eyeing the spartan for some time. So if t7 is using the wife and for running the car, what do you think the narrow band will do? Get rid of a cel?

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Oh. I might have mis read. I thought you had your Ecu changed to utilize a wideband, and had additionally hooked up the narrowband output.

So in this case, you have the wideband portion running a gauge, and the narrow band feeding info to the ecu?

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
i have the same sensor running both a guage, and the ecu,

So yes, the narrowband output running the ecu, while the wide-band runs the guage

Even though its a narrow-band output, the response time, and accuracy are still much better going to the ECU. Maybe i'm swallowing a sugar pill, but i swear the car idles better now.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
i have the same sensor running both a guage, and the ecu,

So yes, the narrowband output running the ecu, while the wide-band runs the guage

Even though its a narrow-band output, the response time, and accuracy are still much better going to the ECU. Maybe i'm swallowing a sugar pill, but i swear the car idles better now.
So is this car not tuned? Is there a reason you didn't tune the ECU to use the output of the wideband directly?

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Aren't there others that do this, too?
I sort of thought that AEM UEGO did the same. although that may have been through the gauge, which shrinks the output.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh tuning thread, How i spite thee.

Joking aside, i was looking for more of a "plug in" solution. and i just got a CEL from it today, back to the drawing board

·
Drew In Houston
2,864 Posts
What code(s) are you getting?

Edit:I bet it's either a latency or impedance issue or both. Both acceptable ranges can probably be calibrated-for. I may get one of these to try too, I just started adjusting my stock 03 9-5 Aero for improving drivability and response w/a light weight flywheel. It's surprising how much timing it tries to run everywhere bone stock

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.