Registered
3,998 Posts
i have a 700whp corvette in forza 2. it's very hard to handle*

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jameson,

I am really starting to dislike the threads you create.
Your point? (besides being patronizing...)
Eh just some teasing since I have had multiple replies and IM's about Mustangs this week :)

There is always that mentality that instead of buying a fast and sorted new car that may be expensive that you should just blow money on a used car instead as a reply.

"My Saab was just walked by a new GTR.....

Screw spending $75k on that, if you poured $20k into your Viggen it would be faster".

Please not another week of people being cry babies.

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There is always that mentality that instead of buying a fast and sorted new car that may be expensive that you should just blow money on a used car instead as a reply.

"My Saab was just walked by a new GTR.....

Screw spending $75k on that, if you poured $20k into your Viggen it would be faster".

Please not another week of people being cry babies.
i was hoping viggen is capable of doing that.
Sigh. That is exactly what I am talking about.

Did you mean you hope Vigge(big turbo guy on here) is capable of doing 11's at 130mph or Viggen's overall?

·
Super Moderator
6,726 Posts
The ZR1 is pretty sick, but when people compare it to the GTR they forget the fact it is twice the cost.

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The ZR1 is pretty sick, but when people compare it to the GTR they forget the fact it is twice the cost.
True-ish.

The GTR price went up for 09'. You are going to be walking out for $80k'ish. That is a lot of bang for the buck.

The Zr1 is about $105k I think, probably be about $110k+ with gas guzzler tax etc, maybe top out at $120k when it is all said and done.

So its not TWICE the cost. I also do not see GM voidoing warranties on these things the way the GTR is getting flack for it right now.

In terms of performance figures the ZR1 meets or exceeds almost anything costing 2x as much or more, its almost Veyron level performance(minus the top speed).

Also the MSRP is a joke as both the GTR and ZR1 are commanding 20k+ premiums from dealers. Meanwhile I am seeing thousands taken off of Z06's.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I pretty much hit a wall when it comes to big power Corvettes. If I were to actually buy a Corvette, it would probably be an LS2/LS3 model and not one of the fixed top cars like the Z06 and ZR1.

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I pretty much hit a wall when it comes to big power Corvettes. If I were to actually buy a Corvette, it would probably be an LS2/LS3 model and not one of the fixed top cars like the Z06 and ZR1.
I think the Z51 Ls3 is the one to own. I have seen 08's being offered new for UNDER $40k and they have 90% the performance of the z06 for much less cost.

·
Super Moderator
6,726 Posts
C5 Z06 with a built MTI 402 stroker for me.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts