Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
I can't imagine driving a car with only having 123 HP . The last car that I owned with that amount of HP was my 1990 Nissan pickup. It had a 2.4L I-4 with 114hp.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
I always thought as the older the car became - the bigger the engine and hp rattings... seems Saab is trying something new, and downsizing... good for economy, bad for the entusiests :(

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I suppose in clogged up city streets it would be acceptable, but for the price I would expect a bit more.

·
Registered
65 Posts
You get taxed on your size of your engine in Europe. So you will see alot of BMW 3 series, Audi A4's and Mercedes C class with small 1.6 to 2.0 liter engines.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Finklejag said:
I can't imagine driving a car with only having 123 HP . The last car that I owned with that amount of HP was my 1990 Nissan pickup. It had a 2.4L I-4 with 114hp.
I am trying to zip around in my back up car while I work on my Saab - it's a 1988 VW Fox - 81hp when it was new ;) I think it's lost a few. It also has K-Jetronic Fuel Injection aka Fire Hazard on Wheels.... Burlap seats stuffed with hay, and no 5th gear! (it's a 4 speed....) It looks like a bloody stool driving around when ya see it :lol: But it runs good and moves fine, still pass's inspections and is exempt from emissions - so that's the good part.

Finklejag said:
You get taxed on your size of your engine in Europe. So you will see alot of BMW 3 series, Audi A4's and Mercedes C class with small 1.6 to 2.0 liter engines.
Well that's just no good! I can't imagine the Tax on an AMC Grand Wagoneer! That thing get's like 10-15MPG! lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts