Saab Link banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I am new to the forum but love saabs. Have had a 900 and 9000 and just got my new project an 01 9-3 SE. Thought I would post up the build and get any recommended extras and insight.

Started on the 2.0 motor awhile back just got it back in car, did an upgraded cam from NW cam and crank new valves and valve springs, cam gears, port and polish.

Finishing this week: ordered in 3" and 2.5" t7075 chrome tubes to do intake and fmic plumbing. Also gutting and rebuilding the td04hl-15t turbo with all new parts and an upgrade to 19t compressor and housing. 50 / 50 recirc bov valve, going to use the 3" piping to bend my down pipe will be using kinetix racing high flow cat and a borla spit fire exhaust. Will be doing a complete map and custom tune at my buddies shop next week.

Nest week starting on suspension: koni shocks and struts, bushings, steering brace, 6 point sub frame brace, astra aura l series black widow 17 x 7.5 wheels, still thinking of tires and. Brakes.

Pictures are comming soon will also do a build process of the plumbing and exhaust and turbo.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Did you get the turbosmart BOV/BPV? I was looking at that as well, but I'd think T7 will still freak out due to air being lost from the system. I'd be curious how they sound...

Sounds like a cool build, and we always love pictures!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got a 3 in 1 from ebay looks to be a knock off of the forge but was half the price.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Ditto on the pistons.

A properly tuned B205R can handle a 19T on stock slugs, but dunno how much of a safety cushion you'll get without running too hot...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Was going to go stock but had to drop crank anyways and got a great deal on the pistons.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
That air filter location is making me cry a little... :(

If you move the MAF, can you poke it down into the existing space to pick up the cool air?

·
Super Moderator
6,717 Posts
Yeah whats the deal with that charge pipe? The stock plastic one can handle many horsepowers.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haha I wish it was just that I liked shiny things would of saved me a crap load of money. No I am waiting for a friend to finish fabricating the new manifold so the T3 can go in hopefully next week. As far as the air filter will be droping it to right fog location as soon as i see where the new intercooler and piping will be at.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Haha I wish it was just that I liked shiny things would of saved me a crap load of money. No I am waiting for a friend to finish fabricating the new manifold so the T3 can go in hopefully next week. As far as the air filter will be droping it to right fog location as soon as i see where the new intercooler and piping will be at.
A sealed box, like on the 9-5, would be fine for the fog location, but there was at least one guy on SaabCentral who hydrolocked his car when the filter down that low.... :(

Just dip it into the semi stock location and you're be golden :)

·
Greek Mod
4,294,967,295 Posts
Haha I wish it was just that I liked shiny things would of saved me a crap load of money. No I am waiting for a friend to finish fabricating the new manifold so the T3 can go in hopefully next week.
the charge pipe be the one with diverter that goes up to the throttle body

the stock plastic pipe has been tested to support up to 400whp
only think that you do by changing to metal pipes, is expose more area to heat soak (something plastic doesnt has as much of an issue with)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Needed a larger diameter piping for the turbo and intercooler turbo has a 2.5" out to ic and intercooler is 3" .
As far as filter i am bending a piece of tin into a box like shape like the one on genuine saab for the fog location and putting a drain pipe in the back will put pics as soon as i am done should allow more air and keep water out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts