Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, need an new engine (old one b205r) and see great deals on the next generation's engine B207R. Can I do this swap and save money (not to mention i'd get an engine with much lower mileage)?

I'm not a 'car guy' so i wont be insulted if you explain it to me like a 5 year old.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Maybe you could, not sure really. Anything is possible as long as there is enough space in the engine bay, but with retrofitting things, it may be more costly. I would swap in a B204 or a B234, why bother with B207 garbage?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Def. too hard and not worth the effort.

I thought it would be could do the opposite: replace the ecotec engine in an SS with earlier trionic setup.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Easiest solution is to get another b205 engine. A b235 will drop right in, but should have the computer flashed for the change in volume (displacement). Use of a b204 or b234 will require changing the cylinder head, and possibly timing cover depending what model the engine came from. Most important thing to consider here is your intentions for the car. Are you looking for a daily driver or do you want to build a monster? Also if you're paying a shop to do this, they'll probably be most inclined to use the exact engine that comes out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts