Pedaling home without a MAP Sensor - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Area Club Forums > WASSAAB > WASSAAB Tech. Help

WASSAAB Tech. Help Need help? Ask for help from another club member.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2009, 04:25 PM   #1
Elder

Pedaling home without a MAP Sensor

Sargent was kind enough to lend me his DI cassette for the ride home from Carlisle. It solved one problem stuttering in first and when you get on it. Going up a hill I leaned on it and then things went to a hell in a handbasket. Lost power and could only do MPH and then pedal it up to 50 or so, but no power.

Almost lost it getting on 15, no power and rode the shoulder until I could get to a flat spot. Had CELs and all sorts of fun. Changed the DI and pulled the battery cable to reset the ECU. Checked the obvious vacuum hoses.

No power was able to pedal it home with out stalling, figure about 75 miles or so.

Got home and then there was black smoke coming out of the tailpipe and CELs, and stalling in the driveway. Decided to leave it, and get dinner and sleep on it. I needed the car in the morning for another journey so kinda stuck. Son's car is down, wife's car sticker expired, Son/Daughter had the SUV, and Son had the SPG keys, so SOL.

Got up the next morning and figured that it wouldn't hurt to relook at it fresh. Did the manual ECU codes, pulling a 2 and a 6 (MAP and O2). Still ran like hell. Started with the vacuum hoses again and the one from the throttle body to the MAP sensor (on the firewall on a 9000) had blown off Connected it and decided to disconnect the battery for 30 minutes and make breakfast.

Started it up and CELs were cleared and running like normal Went to Waldorf MD and made it back with no problems.

I've zip tied the other connections, since I've not had this kind of power in the car, didn't have to zip tie the MAP hose. Hopefully no long term damage to the CAT etc.
94 C900 Vert - Sold
94 325i Vert
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2009, 06:15 PM   #2
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Was this an ongoing problem ? And what caused the hose to blow of the MAP sensor ? Was the hose old, or damaged ?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 05-17-2009, 08:26 PM   #3
Elder

The hose seemed ok, but going to replace it. This hose hadn't blown off in the past. Too much boost, potentially too much pressure thru the TB, which could point to other issues.

Since I put on the 3" DP/Turbo back, haven't adjusted the base boost, don't know if it makes a difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryM View Post
Was this an ongoing problem ? And what caused the hose to blow of the MAP sensor ? Was the hose old, or damaged ?
94 C900 Vert - Sold
94 325i Vert

Old 05-19-2009, 04:43 PM   #4
WASSAB Member
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Immo Send a message via MSN to Immo Send a message via Yahoo to Immo Send a message via Skype™ to Immo
Frank,

I didn't get your VM till the next day (Never heard the phone ring). I am so sorry!!!!! Next time we need to bring radios.

2002 9-3 Viggen Convertible (Silver w/Blue Top)
2010 Jeep GC SRT-8

Old 05-19-2009, 05:10 PM   #5
Elder

No worries, was able to fix the problem and get it going, had I been stuck on the side if the road, then would have called a couple more times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immo View Post
Frank,

I didn't get your VM till the next day (Never heard the phone ring). I am so sorry!!!!! Next time we need to bring radios.
94 C900 Vert - Sold
94 325i Vert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in