Greetings! - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Area Club Forums > WASSAAB > WASSAAB General Information

WASSAAB General Information General information pertaining to the Washington DC Saab Club

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2009, 04:49 AM   #1
SAABeginner

Greetings!

Thanks to a perfect timing situation on Gallows Road (Ben was passing in his beautiful 85 SPG - I was driving around the block in my 88 SPG on a test run) I have learned of the clubs existance - and look forward to participating with a bunch of people as nutty 'bout Saabs as I am!

Anyway - the intro to me (much shorter than the intro to the car): I live in Vienna, VA - work in Finance/Operations, and have been in NoVa for the last 11 years. From being stationed here in the Coast Guard, to finishing up school at GMU....not a bad place to live, right?

The intro to the car: a couple of months ago, I switched jobs, and began incurring a longer commute to a less, ummm, "reputable" area of town. I've got a 2001 Audi A6 with the 4.2 and Sport Package - not only not the car you necessarily want to leave on the street round there, but with a suspension even tighter than your average SPG - the roads were pounding on it. I've owned no less than 7 900 Turbo's - from an 86 with a maroon velour interior, to my last one: a 92 Turbo Convertible that I sold 2 years ago, swearing I was done. So I figured, why not another Saab?

Started checking the online classifieds - almost bit on an 89 SPG in New Jersey that had tight mechanicals, but horrible rust. Then - lo and behold - this car popped up in Sterling, VA.

Now - someone told me recently: if you are gonna buy a car for fun, buy the car you wanted as a Senior in High School. Myself - my Dad had an 89 SPG new, and I always wanted one in Silver. Little did I know at the time that there was no such thing. Only colors in to the US were, as we all know - the Grey, Black, etc. But I didn't know about Canada....

So - when I see this Silver SPG that was a Canadian Import pop up on Saabnet, less than 15 miles from where I live? Boom. Done. Sold.

Anyway - lot's to do on it. Standard interior issues - headliner, doorcards, drivers seat bottom - and some others: tranny making noise (anyone wanna sell a good replacement?) just finished (with Ben's help - thanks man!) the Turbo Bypass Valve and Valve Cover Gasket. Dropping it off at S&S for rust repair (using the Skandix kit) - and then on to shocks, front discs and pads, and maybe even ball joints. But I forgot how much fun this stuff is - and I am psyched that this club is getting going again. So you all can count me in on stuff - and in the spirit of reciprocity - I love to help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6090_113826715685_683450685_2836219_3258018_n.jpg (37.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg SilverBaby.jpg (67.0 KB, 2 views)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2009, 08:41 AM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
Awesome! Don't forget to post up a thread in Welcome new members on the rest of the forum too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-08-2009, 07:34 AM   #3
Trollerator
Elder

welcome!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan

Old 09-08-2009, 08:55 AM   #4
Elder

Welcome to TSL and local DC/NoVA area!
94 C900 Vert - Sold
94 325i Vert
Old 09-10-2009, 06:53 PM   #5
WASSAB Member
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Immo Send a message via MSN to Immo Send a message via Yahoo to Immo Send a message via Skype™ to Immo
Welcome!

2002 9-3 Viggen Convertible (Silver w/Blue Top)
2010 Jeep GC SRT-8

Old 09-29-2009, 07:15 PM   #6
intellectual hillbilly
TSLMember

welcome, sir

welcome to the home of the unusual suspects !

95 900 stg3
86 Subaru brat 6" lift
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in