Time to hit up Crazy Ray's - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Area Club Forums > WASSAAB > WASSAAB Events

WASSAAB Events Events pertaining to the Washington DC Saab Club

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2011, 06:04 AM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via Yahoo to rarelibra Send a message via Skype™ to rarelibra
Time to hit up Crazy Ray's

So my Saab has started to show signs that all point to a problem with the fuel check valve. I had been planning to replace the fuel pump with a Walbro 255, and everything I read on SC tells me that this is a separate smaller piece that is a little fragile.

So this weekend I am going to do a run up to Crazy Ray's to see if I can find a 9-5 that is around the same year for me to experiment with taking out the back seat and seeing if I can get a fuel check valve. From what I understand, the dealer will want to replace the entire fuel line? I'd rather spend the $$$ on a Walbro and do it myself, but I need the check valve.

Anyone interested in running around Crazy Ray's, let me know - either SAT or SUN will work, but I gotta do it this weekend, 'cause next weekend I am flying to London for a week on business. It's either that or I get a new one from the dealer for $14, but change it out myself.

?

oh - forgot to mention - if anyone has done this before or is skilled with the fuel system, I would gladly pay for a good lunch for assistance!

Last edited by rarelibra; 10-04-2011 at 06:08 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2011, 01:24 PM   #2
Elder

I just did a check valve replacement on a 99 9-5, wasn't hard and you can see what I did. The wagon the pump is right under the rear seat.

I still have extra fuel hose if you need it, clamps are a buck or two. Local dealer or Indy might have the check valve in stock, cheaper then shipping, unless you are buying >$49 at eeuroparts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarelibra View Post
So my Saab has started to show signs that all point to a problem with the fuel check valve. I had been planning to replace the fuel pump with a Walbro 255, and everything I read on SC tells me that this is a separate smaller piece that is a little fragile.

So this weekend I am going to do a run up to Crazy Ray's to see if I can find a 9-5 that is around the same year for me to experiment with taking out the back seat and seeing if I can get a fuel check valve. From what I understand, the dealer will want to replace the entire fuel line? I'd rather spend the $$$ on a Walbro and do it myself, but I need the check valve.

Anyone interested in running around Crazy Ray's, let me know - either SAT or SUN will work, but I gotta do it this weekend, 'cause next weekend I am flying to London for a week on business. It's either that or I get a new one from the dealer for $14, but change it out myself.

?

oh - forgot to mention - if anyone has done this before or is skilled with the fuel system, I would gladly pay for a good lunch for assistance!
94 C900 Vert - Sold
94 325i Vert
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-06-2011, 08:47 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversexpedition View Post
I just did a check valve replacement on a 99 9-5, wasn't hard and you can see what I did. The wagon the pump is right under the rear seat.

I still have extra fuel hose if you need it, clamps are a buck or two. Local dealer or Indy might have the check valve in stock, cheaper then shipping, unless you are buying >$49 at eeuroparts.
I just contacted VOB and they said I have to buy the freakin send line in order to get the check valve.

So I have to spend $124 to get what amounts to a freakin $4 part! Capitalist bastards!

At this point, I will have new injectors (arriving today). So I will at least have those to install - maybe a CPS (we'll see). If I get the entire send line, you think it isn't difficult to install?

Old 10-06-2011, 01:42 PM   #4
Elder

That's BS, I called the local indy and he got the part from the dealer. The part is 4161766 and here is the link from eeuroparts. eEuroparts - Fuel Pump Check Valve (feed) - # 4161766

It also comes with the o rings. See if Eric at Viking has them. If you don't use the CPS, let me know, I may need one.

Quote:
I just contacted VOB and they said I have to buy the freakin send line in order to get the check valve.

So I have to spend $124 to get what amounts to a freakin $4 part! Capitalist bastards!

At this point, I will have new injectors (arriving today). So I will at least have those to install - maybe a CPS (we'll see). If I get the entire send line, you think it isn't difficult to install?
94 C900 Vert - Sold
94 325i Vert
Old 10-07-2011, 06:20 AM   #5

Quote:
That's BS, I called the local indy and he got the part from the dealer. The part is 4161766 and here is the link from eeuroparts. eEuroparts - Fuel Pump Check Valve (feed) - # 4161766

It also comes with the o rings. See if Eric at Viking has them. If you don't use the CPS, let me know, I may need one.
Looks like that part is only listed at eeuroparts (though I am confused that the Indy can get it). When I look up the same for my car/year it is part 8977779, which according to TSS, has to be ordered in quantities of 5. Hmmmm.

worst case is I will have to wait until I get the walbro kit, which I am told should have the check valve. I think the fuel pump is on the fritz, because it makes the weird sound in the morning (unless that valve would interfere and cause the sound) - again, it only makes the sound at cold start.

At least I will have the injectors to do - and hang out with cool people
Old 10-07-2011, 09:48 AM   #6
Elder

No worries, I would check however when you order the pump, it may or may not have it.

The part number 4161766 also shows up on the factory price list from Genuinesaab. 4161766 from GS

This is the whole valve assembly, not just the check valve, easier to install.

Quote:
Looks like that part is only listed at eeuroparts (though I am confused that the Indy can get it). When I look up the same for my car/year it is part 8977779, which according to TSS, has to be ordered in quantities of 5. Hmmmm.

worst case is I will have to wait until I get the walbro kit, which I am told should have the check valve. I think the fuel pump is on the fritz, because it makes the weird sound in the morning (unless that valve would interfere and cause the sound) - again, it only makes the sound at cold start.

At least I will have the injectors to do - and hang out with cool people
94 C900 Vert - Sold
94 325i Vert
Old 10-07-2011, 06:19 PM   #7

Quote:
No worries, I would check however when you order the pump, it may or may not have it.

The part number 4161766 also shows up on the factory price list from Genuinesaab. 4161766 from GS

This is the whole valve assembly, not just the check valve, easier to install.
I posted in the other topic....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in