Event Updates and Reminders - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Area Club Forums > WASSAAB > WASSAAB Events

WASSAAB Events Events pertaining to the Washington DC Saab Club

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2007, 07:00 AM   #1
Elder

Event Updates and Reminders

Well, we had a great time in Colonial Beach for Dyno Day, and we've got some events coming up in April, May, and June that I think should hopefully will be as much, if not a LOT more fun.

April 22nd the Central Penn Saab Club (CPSC) is coming down to check out the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum at the Udvar Hazy annex at Dulles. About 15 of their crew is expected to drive down and get there around noon or so. This is really an informal GTG, and given the "Born from Jets" ad campaign Saab is running, truly is an appropriate venue. For those of you haven't been to the Udvar Hazy facility and are interested in aviation history, this is not to be missed. I figured we could round up a bunch of us and hook up and perhaps have an early afternoon dinner with them. I have a couple ideas where we could go for burgers and beer, but if any of you have a preference, I'm all ears. We'll need to make sure it can accommodate all of us, so let me know if you're planning on joining us.

May 18-20 is Saabs at Carlisle. This year we're trying to get to 200 Saabs on the show field. If you haven't registered, better do so soon. There is a discount for registering through the CPSC club. If you haven't seen their on line registration site, scroll down on the WASSAAB board to get the link.

June -- I've spoken with Marge Stanley and Jeff Williams of S&S Auto Sales about a Saabarbeque in June. I figured we could do that an a FunRun. This year however I plan on charging a nominal fee to cover the food expenses and what-not. Any additional dollars beyond the expenses will go to a charity to be announced. I'm looking at probably a $15 fee. What do you guys think? No specific date set just yet, let me know what works best for all. I have, in the mean time, been working on a course for the Run, and hope it's to you're all's liking. Different this year, but still with the usual twisties and back-road antics! Should be fun!

July is vacation time for me. Perhaps a meeting or show and shine, but no heavy lifting...

August: SOC 2007! This year the venue is in Motor City's back door: Troy, MI. It looks like Saab/GM is footing much of the bill and should be a great turnout once again.

That's it for now, we'll keep you updated as they come!

'91 900 Turbo SE Convertible
'93 900 Turbo CE #116, modified
'02 9-5 Aero SportWagon, MT
'06 GTO, modified
'08 9-7X 6.0 Aero. The fastest stock Saab I've owned, bar none.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2007, 09:11 AM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
I am very excited about the Udvar Hazey meet up, and I mentioned b4, anybody who wants to come down or travel up and overnight at my place in Ashburn is more than welcome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-21-2007, 09:24 AM   #3
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweek's Turbos View Post
I am very excited about the Udvar Hazey meet up, and I mentioned b4, anybody who wants to come down or travel up and overnight at my place in Ashburn is more than welcome.
Do you ned a ride or are your wheels operational again?

1997 900SE Talladega (SQR stage 4)
2006 9-3SS Aero

Old 03-21-2007, 09:39 AM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
Wont know till then, but will let you know!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in