Saabs at Carlisle Picture Thread - Page 3 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Showoff Forum > TSL Member's Saab pics

TSL Member's Saab pics Show off your Saab. Let us all indulge. Your pictures may later be added to a gallery.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2014, 07:38 PM   #41
Elder

Yep!

And thanks again to everyone who voted it First Place non-Aero 9000 for the 3rd time! Very much appreciate it. Hopefully I'll get the Combi or my Vert out there next year.
for your repair needs
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2014, 07:38 PM   #42
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

86 9k by Three Liter Turbo Photography, on Flickr

If anyone else is wondering about pics of their car, I probably have one. Just ask and I'll check. I can email them too if need be.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 9-5 Arc
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 05-21-2014, 07:41 PM   #43
Elder

Damn - that cracked fog light shows up like a sore thumb! I need to replace that. Awesome - thanks!
for your repair needs

Old 05-22-2014, 07:00 AM   #44
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via Yahoo to rarelibra Send a message via Skype™ to rarelibra
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
that white 9-5 wagon with the updated front end looks sexy.
It was nice until you got up close to it. It was totally a home-done fabrication job, and done so quickly without focus on quality that you could see the pins in the rear fender on the passenger side, and the driver's side had all kinds of cracks in it. In the end, he even duck-taped it as he was leaving so it wouldn't fall apart.

GREAT idea... and nice look ... just next time take the time to focus on quality and it would be a show winner.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
i don't think a c900 has sold for 28k since the day one left the dealership new.
Old 05-22-2014, 07:01 AM   #45

J-Rod - I used one of your photos for the banner on the Saab FB page.

Quote:
i don't think a c900 has sold for 28k since the day one left the dealership new.
Old 05-22-2014, 07:08 AM   #46
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarelibra View Post
It was nice until you got up close to it. It was totally a home-done fabrication job, and done so quickly without focus on quality that you could see the pins in the rear fender on the passenger side, and the driver's side had all kinds of cracks in it. In the end, he even duck-taped it as he was leaving so it wouldn't fall apart.

GREAT idea... and nice look ... just next time take the time to focus on quality and it would be a show winner.
Yeah, it was all over the place.

Staggered wheels, poorly fitting fronts(very tucked in) all the poorly done bodywork, and an automatic. Wouldn't surprise me if there was no engine work at all(stock exhaust might be a giveaway).

Old 05-22-2014, 07:12 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson View Post
Yeah, it was all over the place.

Staggered wheels, poorly fitting fronts(very tucked in) all the poorly done bodywork, and an automatic. Wouldn't surprise me if there was no engine work at all(stock exhaust might be a giveaway).
Hey now - nothing wrong with automatics

Quote:
Old 05-22-2014, 07:30 AM   #48
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Cark
... Or a stock tail pipe! I won't claim to be operating at 100% max efficiency, but you'd never know looking at my wagon that it's got the goodies it does! (18t, king cobra, 3" DP)
Old 05-22-2014, 07:39 AM   #49
Elder

Quote:
Hey now - nothing wrong with automatics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cark View Post
... Or a stock tail pipe! I won't claim to be operating at 100% max efficiency, but you'd never know looking at my wagon that it's got the goodies it does! (18t, king cobra, 3" DP)
Both of you are missing the point.

When you get that aggressive in body work to the point of flared fenders and wide staggered with fat tires in the rear, you are making a performance biased statement that an automatic and stock engine make for kind of a lame duck overall package.

Old 05-22-2014, 07:54 AM   #50

Quote:
Both of you are missing the point.

When you get that aggressive in body work to the point of flared fenders and wide staggered with fat tires in the rear, you are making a performance biased statement that an automatic and stock engine make for kind of a lame duck overall package.
Jameson - I disagree. My fenders aren't flared and I don't have fat tires in the rear. But my automatic is running a strong JZW stage 5 and I challenge the "lame duck" statement as well... because some people go for the look and not performance.

Quote:
Old 05-22-2014, 09:31 AM   #51
Elder

Quote:
Jameson - I disagree. My fenders aren't flared and I don't have fat tires in the rear. But my automatic is running a strong JZW stage 5 and I challenge the "lame duck" statement as well... because some people go for the look and not performance.
Again, you aren't getting me lol.

I have no issues with your setup, your car isn't claiming something with an outrageous exterior, in fact you have a sleeper which is more my taste.

I have issues going THAT over the top on exterior mods(remember, we are talking about the WHITE car-not yours) without having the performance to back it up.

Old 05-22-2014, 09:57 AM   #52

Quote:
Again, you aren't getting me lol.

I have no issues with your setup, your car isn't claiming something with an outrageous exterior, in fact you have a sleeper which is more my taste.

I have issues going THAT over the top on exterior mods(remember, we are talking about the WHITE car-not yours) without having the performance to back it up.
But that's what I'm confused with. The white car - when someone would look at it - I wouldn't think high performance right away. I would think he had focused on a set of wheels, and on a body kit, but I wouldn't assume performance. But I know what you mean... when I see a Honda Civic with a body kit and a small pipe from a stock muffler, I always wonder why they put the kit on and didn't focus on upgrading the exhaust - but it could always be a work in progress, right?

Quote:
Old 05-22-2014, 10:02 AM   #53
Elder

Quote:
But that's what I'm confused with. The white car - when someone would look at it - I wouldn't think high performance right away. I would think he had focused on a set of wheels, and on a body kit, but I wouldn't assume performance. But I know what you mean... when I see a Honda Civic with a body kit and a small pipe from a stock muffler, I always wonder why they put the kit on and didn't focus on upgrading the exhaust - but it could always be a work in progress, right?

There is an absurd amount of body work into that white car. Making those fenders so wide and putting wider tires on the REAR of a FWD car, come on dude. That is a very questionable game plan. If you saw it on a Civic, you would think "ricer".

If he had a Holset under the hood pushing 30psi, I could get more behind it.

Old 05-22-2014, 07:31 PM   #54
Avid TSL User

Id rock an auto with nice wide fenders and wide tires. I see that stuff as more of a look thing than performance. Its just a look. No need to be a racecar. I certainly didn't see speed being advertise from that. Just my two cents

And if I saw clean work done to a civic ( wide fenders etc) I wouldn't think rice.

I personally would like to see that 9-5 next year with more and careful work put into it. Some care. And more flush
Old 05-23-2014, 06:49 AM   #55

Anyone know who the owner of the grey, airflow SPG with the hood vent grafted on the side? Looks really nice.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:59 AM   #56
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Cark
That's Brian Kidder's car. It was actually Gary Moore's old SPG. It is very well done.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:12 AM   #57

Right, was thinking of Gary.

Yep, it's top notch!
Old 05-26-2014, 02:51 PM   #58
WSW
Elder

No other pics?
Old 05-26-2014, 05:52 PM   #59

I Have more....Just haven't had time to get them up.

2003 9-5 Arc
Old 05-28-2014, 09:40 AM   #60
Greek Mod
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to grkguy89
I'm sad.....
I missed out
but hopefully next year.... i'll have a surprise

Quote:
Current Activity: Moderating
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in