**Post Deer accident dent removal + NEW MODS!** - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Showoff Forum > TSL Member's Saab pics

TSL Member's Saab pics Show off your Saab. Let us all indulge. Your pictures may later be added to a gallery.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2009, 12:10 PM   #1
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

**Post Deer accident dent removal + NEW MODS!**

So a deer ran into the side of my winter warrior causing some sweet imprints.

Before:

After:

The front door was very difficult to get decent so I gave up because I couldn't care less. However, I was able to completely remove the back door dent and minimize the trunk dent. Also, new windshield and mirror... sick.

Now onto the modifications...

I removed the center console because I felt like it. The only reason I would keep it is to hold three crucial engine gauges or a stereo. Because I had neither of these in the center console, I yanked it. At the same time I installed a premium Jensen CD player for the small price of $529.99 from Walmart.

Along side of the Jensen CD player is the most robust and awesome c900 cupholder ever created.

When I am out plowing in this beast, I need to be fully hydrated on only the best Miller High Life or Bud Heavy the Cumberland Farms has to offer.

Anyways, the cupholder is sweet. It was made from a cell phone mount and a $1 cup holder from Walmart. It is held in place with 1 inch long stainless steel screws (careful they're sharp on the inside!). It will hold up to a 64oz fountain drink. The cupholder will also hold a Poland Spring bottle upside down when the glove box door is open. Imagine that!

Now, I enjoy some good fun in this car. The license plate broke off from hitting Market Basket carriages in their parking lot, and the passenger side SPG front bumper extension was ripped off from hitting a trash can. I needed cost effective ways of fixing both problems.

So I grabbed some more stainless steel fasteners and went at it! Drilled into the front fender so it wont come off ever again. I was thinking about posting this on saabnet to see if all the purists simultaneously get a hernia. Also note the JDM relocated license plate mod.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.

Last edited by Saabeh; 01-17-2009 at 12:12 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2009, 12:34 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via Yahoo to aireeca
Oh. Now that's just fantastic. The write up is awesome, really, really awesome. Glad to see it's back on the roads, Saabeh!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-17-2009, 12:39 PM   #3
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Most people do write ups for nice cars, I am a write upper for the common man.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.

Old 01-17-2009, 12:40 PM   #4
Elder

Indeed! Will the car be revisiting the Alps post-repair? Or do you have a more exotic trip planned?
Old 01-17-2009, 12:42 PM   #5
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Perhaps. I may try to climb them. However, after about 300k miles the passenger control arm mount has seen better days. Time to crack the welder out again.

Also, I heard Amazon was selling Hella 550's for like 39.99.

Quote:
Old 01-17-2009, 12:44 PM   #6
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabeh View Post

Also, I heard Amazon was selling Hella 550's for like 39.99.
(raises eyebrow) O rly? You going to double-up or ditch the roof mounts for something more traditional?
Old 01-17-2009, 12:52 PM   #7
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Well, having really high miles has also made the alternator bushings completely useless and I don't feel like fixing them. I really want to double up but we shall see.

Quote:
Old 01-17-2009, 01:01 PM   #8
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Hiker
I love the industrial strength cup holder!

Sit Nomine Digna
Old 01-17-2009, 01:32 PM   #9
Avid TSL User

Quote:
At the same time I installed a premium Jensen CD player for the small price of $529.99 from Walmart.
wow

Old 01-17-2009, 01:45 PM   #10
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Dude, it's a Jensen. Top quality.

Quote:
Old 01-17-2009, 02:15 PM   #11
Avid TSL User

Please be joking. Walmart doesn't sell anything that is top quality. Anyway good fix on the damage.

Old 01-17-2009, 02:20 PM   #12

Send a message via AIM to Hiker
He did get a good deal on that Jensen and besides, buying it at Walmart provided him with a top quality white plastic bag which he may choose to use as a custom wastebasket in his car.

Sit Nomine Digna
Old 01-17-2009, 02:39 PM   #13
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Ooooo, don't tempt me.

Quote:
Old 01-17-2009, 04:26 PM   #14
Elder

Send a message via AIM to rafal
now, that's a winter beater

Old 01-17-2009, 04:44 PM   #15
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
You should come down to Baltimore for a weekend, we can have a new door on in a jiffy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Old 01-18-2009, 07:44 AM   #16

Send a message via AIM to 85spgATL
Nice. I ditched me center console also. LOVE the look/feel with out. Are you doing anything to cover the split carpet, or gap left where you can see the shift rod? I havent been able to come up with anything yet.
Stage: DIY.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:23 AM   #17
JK
Elder

Good work man!

Quote:
I was thinking about posting this on saabnet to see if all the purists simultaneously get a hernia.
This is my favortie part. I nearly choaked on my granola
Old 01-18-2009, 08:46 AM   #18
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to Palmer
Holy crap, look at that cup holder.

You could put a 40oz in there.

Not that you would want to, but still.

You also need to nail the floomat to the floor for safety.

Wow.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:10 AM   #19
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
You could put a 40oz in there.

Not that you would want to, but still.
I think that would be a more than appropriate beverage for rolling in that vehicle.

Also, those glove box doors are cheap and easy to swap out. I may make a similar mod for the c900s come springtime....

And, pics of next Market Basket ram raid fest, please?
Old 01-18-2009, 11:07 AM   #20
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aireeca View Post
And, pics of next Market Basket ram raid fest, please?
Yes. Problem is, the car is a 1990 so it has an airbag. Kinda worrying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85spgATL View Post
Nice. I ditched me center console also. LOVE the look/feel with out. Are you doing anything to cover the split carpet, or gap left where you can see the shift rod? I havent been able to come up with anything yet.
I remembered your car while I was removing it. I actually would not have taken it out if I did not see yours.

Not sure what you mean by split carpet, mine is one piece and I cannot see the shift rod. I left the shifting console in there if that's what you mean. I will be looking in junkyards for a console-free knee board to make it look less funny.

Quote:

Last edited by Saabeh; 01-18-2009 at 11:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in