Saabs being towed. - Page 2 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Showoff Forum > TSL Member's Saab pics

TSL Member's Saab pics Show off your Saab. Let us all indulge. Your pictures may later be added to a gallery.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2008, 11:37 AM   #21
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mike d
i wish i could find all of mine right now,, i could probably fill the whole thread up with just my old 9k alone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2008, 11:38 AM   #22
User
Elder

Send a message via AIM to zingZACH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson View Post
You are correct.

"BOSTON, May 23 — An effort to end New Hampshire’s status as the only state in the country without a law requiring adults to wear seat belts suffered a setback on Wednesday, when the State Senate transportation committee recommended that it not pass. "

The other 49 states are the dumb ones.*

More great info from that article.

"Senator Robert J. Letourneau, a committee member who voted against the bill, said that he thinks that citizens, especially children, should be educated about the benefits of seat belts but that adults should not be required to use them. Requiring people to do things breeds resentment, Mr. Letourneau said, while encouragement does not.

“We can’t legislate common sense,” he said. “The point of view to put these things into law, to change people’s personal lifestyle, is not what I consider good policy. I trust our citizens to make those decisions for themselves.”
Did I ever say wearing your seatbelt is dumb? No... So don't put words in my mouth. I wear it the majority of the time... sometimes I just forget to.

I was merely correcting you when you said it's the law, because it isn't here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-23-2008, 11:38 AM   #23
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
I find it absurd to think of a seatbelt being used or not used is an example of a "lifestyle choice".

Maybe it is, "living" is a lifestyle. I like that.....as opposed to dying. So yeah then, I wear a seatbelt to support my personal lifestyle choice of NOT dying.

/end rant.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 10-23-2008, 11:39 AM   #24
Elder

i personally think that people who dont wear seatbelts are idiots. i also thing they have the right to be idiots if thats what they chose to do. get the fuck out of my life kthnx.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:40 AM   #25
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by zingZACH View Post
Did I ever say wearing your seatbelt is dumb? Don't put words in my mouth. I wear it the majority of the time... sometimes I just forget to.

I was merely correcting you when you said it's the law, because it isn't here.
I didn't say you did. Stop putting words in my mouth

It was in reply to the article which states NH is the ONLY state out of 50.

I was also just stating the old slogan, which has in fact changed to "click it or ticket" in most places.

You chose to get all matter of factual about it and post up how NH is the exception and I supported that with the article info.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:40 AM   #26
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castor Troy View Post
i personally think that people who dont wear seatbelts are idiots. i also thing they have the right to be idiots if thats what they chose to do. get the fuck out of my life kthnx.
Darwin was a smart guy. His theory can be applied to people who don't wear seatbelts.*

Old 10-23-2008, 11:41 AM   #27
c900 Grognard
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson View Post
You are correct.

"BOSTON, May 23 — An effort to end New Hampshire’s status as the only state in the country without a law requiring adults to wear seat belts suffered a setback on Wednesday, when the State Senate transportation committee recommended that it not pass. "

The other 49 states are the dumb ones.*

More great info from that article.

"Senator Robert J. Letourneau, a committee member who voted against the bill, said that he thinks that citizens, especially children, should be educated about the benefits of seat belts but that adults should not be required to use them. Requiring people to do things breeds resentment, Mr. Letourneau said, while encouragement does not.

“We can’t legislate common sense,” he said. “The point of view to put these things into law, to change people’s personal lifestyle, is not what I consider good policy. I trust our citizens to make those decisions for themselves.”
Take a closer look at the license plate slogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronJoe
Korean wheels, man. Like catnip for the ladies.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:43 AM   #28
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Straw View Post
Take a closer look at the license plate slogan
I forget, is it something ironic, like "First in Flight", or "Live free or die"?

Old 10-23-2008, 11:43 AM   #29
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Powar
And now back to pictures.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:43 AM   #30
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castor Troy View Post
This is why you liberal tendencies confuse me. Well that and your infatuation with guns.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:45 AM   #31
Elder

yes. because the "conservative" party has shown a great affinity for small government in the last 8 years
Old 10-23-2008, 11:45 AM   #32
User
Elder

Send a message via AIM to zingZACH
It's just like NH has no law for motorcycle helmets... If you're 18+ you dont need a helmet on a motorcycle... that to me is just asking for death. And the majority of people I see on motorcycles here, don't wear helmets.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:47 AM   #33
Elder

I am blown away when I am in a state that has people on motorcycles without helmets.

It is a classic example of just because you CAN get away with something does not mean you SHOULD. Back to that guy Darwin again.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:48 AM   #34
Elder

Send a message via Yahoo to aireeca
Connecticut didn't have a helmet law either. But, for the life of me, I have no idea what that has to do with Saabs being towed. Alas, mine have keep all four wheels on the ground. I have pics of other people's Saabs being towed, but I will refrain.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:49 AM   #35
Elder

Send a message via AIM to PoisonBeef
I hate seat belt and helmet laws. Let people kill themselves. These kind of laws slow down evolution.

I always wear my seat belt and helmet.

99 3-door 9-3 - SOLD
99 5-door 9-3SE - td04, 3" dp, t5 suite - Sold

2001 Audi a6 2.7 twin turbo
1986 Audi 5000 2.2 turbo
2012 VW Golf TDI
1982 Yamaha Seca xj650
Old 10-23-2008, 11:50 AM   #36
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stromer
It is also legal to consume beer while riding in the back of a pick-up truck with exposed loaded weapons in NH.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:51 AM   #37
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromer View Post
It is also legal to consume beer while riding in the back of a pick-up truck with exposed loaded weapons in NH.
Hell yes! That sounds like a party waiting to happen. It really sounds like they are trying not to infringe on my personal lifestyle choices.*

Old 10-23-2008, 12:04 PM   #38
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by zingZACH View Post
Not in NH
yeah isn't the state motto like "live free or die trying"? something like that! lol
Old 10-23-2008, 12:09 PM   #39
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Hey everyone,

If you look, this fread isn't in Off Topic. Please keep it that way. I did not start it to discuss seatbelt laws. I'd hate to have to ask a mod to clean it up or move it.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:11 PM   #40
SAAB Road Master

Send a message via AIM to Gobes
Quote:
Originally Posted by stromer View Post
Haha Live Free Or Die!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
wife beater

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in