Viggen goes in the snow - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Showoff Forum > TSL Member's Saab pics

TSL Member's Saab pics Show off your Saab. Let us all indulge. Your pictures may later be added to a gallery.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2005, 08:28 AM   #1
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to goviggen
Viggen goes in the snow

So I finally took the viggen out in the snow... or rather I took it out last night, got drunks and ended up somewhere I don't remember, and it spent the night outside of its garage... so it collected a bit of snow overnight. So I drove it around a little bit... thought I would take a snap shot of this rare event...

Normally the viggen doesn't see bad weather... thats what the rover is for
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2005, 09:54 AM   #2
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via Yahoo to DC_SAAB
sounds like someone lives pretty good...

Rover and a Viggen? Must be a very nice world you're living in.
Old 02-13-2005, 10:49 AM   #3
Elder

Yeah I was just about to say that...My Saab gets so messed up with all the salt on the roads here, just ruins my paint...Wish I had a second car for the winter

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 02-13-2005, 02:49 PM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to DeLorean
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmdesign
Yeah I was just about to say that...My Saab gets so messed up with all the salt on the roads here, just ruins my paint...Wish I had a second car for the winter
time someone buys one of these for the snow!

don't need a fancy rover, just a cheap FWD car with ABS that can hold the road in the snow. keeps the saab nice and salt free all winter long.
Old 02-13-2005, 04:20 PM   #5
Elder

no-one would in their rightfull mind OWN and admit to a Pontiac Sunbird and still drive a Saab.... u need that AWD STE back - time to junk that grey turd they call an American car.... A Good winter beater is a 900S or a 9000S
for your repair needs
Old 02-13-2005, 04:37 PM   #6
Elder

I just don't know why you are so against that car, nothing wrong with it, and I would wager to bet it's a fair bit more reliable than your 9000

and we know for a fact it's better in the snow

if I wanted a car what did good in the snow but also would not get out of it's own way, I would get a 900-S or 9000-S... you know how I drive, I can't have a 900-S I would beat it to death and get pissed because it would not get out going! as it stands that "grey turd" has no problem sticking with your 9000, even on the highway a 900-S would get left standing and never catch up
Old 02-13-2005, 05:01 PM   #7
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLorean
I just don't know why you are so against that car, nothing wrong with it, and I would wager to bet it's a fair bit more reliable than your 9000
Firstly - I just love messin with ya about that car - it's an easy target - kinda like a kid who has a arm shorter then the other - just can't help with pickin on him

Quote:
and we know for a fact it's better in the snow
Yeah - and I am on $37 Kumho's mind you and a non ABS vehicle which had Much sloppier suspension and moe weight...

Quote:
as it stands that "grey turd" has no problem sticking with your 9000, even on the highway a 900-S would get left standing and never catch up
No no - that S-bird may launch faster then the 9000 - but over 60 you are nothing but a damn spec on the mirror
for your repair needs
Old 02-13-2005, 05:07 PM   #8
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnsSide42

No no - that S-bird may launch faster then the 9000 - but over 60 you are nothing but a damn spec on the mirror
spec in the mirror... you are like 5 MPH faster IF that and this at only at 125 mph +
Old 02-13-2005, 05:45 PM   #9
Elder

Quote:

spec in the mirror... you are like 5 MPH faster IF that and this at only at 125 mph +
yeah - how about not
Even Pauls 9000 LPT is far quicker then that and I can leave him in the dust too at speeds over 115 - you are just not willing to give it up and realize that your 1991 3.1 is not fast - it was swift for it's day, and makes for a faster then should be sunbird 4 door.... 5 speed too! Given the car's specs and for what it is - it's a quick car - but by NO means can it hang onto the 9000 as proven on the VA trip when Paul and I blew by you and managed to get over 6 miles ahead of you without even realizing it as you were dumpin the fuel into that V6 as fast as it could TRYING to catch up as we waited for you cruizing at a smooth 70 Simply a combination of that and your cheap ass and complaining about "gas being guzzled" you'd never keep up with me

Since this started out as a Saab inthe snow post here's a picture of the 9000 covered in Ice :P

for your repair needs
Old 02-13-2005, 06:39 PM   #10
Elder

firstly, the only point that LPT is faster is up hills. the point I was "blown by" was because I was cursing at 50 in the right hand lane WAITING for you when you obviously blew by 3 lanes over at 120+ and neither one saw the other. It consumes more gas at 110+ simply because that's what a larger displacement engine does, use more gas! I averaged about 24 MPG on that trip because non turbo engines don't cruise well at 90+ especially when they have the aerodynamics of an 80's GM car (or lack there of it). My 15 gallon tank needs re-fueling more often because itís designed with a 2.0 opel engine in mind.

at NO point am I "left in the dust!"

309- right now- lets see if you can stay in sight of me in that curvy construction zone at a stoplight, you have no chance before the 1/2 mile is out stock that car runs a 15.8, the 9000 SHOULD run that as well but we know firsthand yours is more like a 16.8
Old 02-13-2005, 07:19 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to spgdude
Heres mine,
09' 9-5 SportCombi 5mt Stg1
Old 02-13-2005, 07:44 PM   #12
Elder

Don't get me started. Snow won't go away!

Old 02-14-2005, 06:42 AM   #13

Send a message via Yahoo to DC_SAAB
thats just neglect.....pure neglect....

was sort of noticing the "my d... is bigger than yours" discussion going on up there....funny. Was thinking it looked like two turtles bragging about how fast they are to each other.

Sorry.., just made me laugh when I read it this morning.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:48 AM   #14
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_SAAB
Was thinking it looked like two turtles bragging about how fast they are to each other.

Sorry.., just made me laugh when I read it this morning.
hahahaha

BS started that one with the cracks on the pontiac (which he likes to do EVERY time he sees the car) It's a winter / city driving car! what, do people expect me to drive around in a Bently when I park down at 8th and norris in philly all day?
Old 02-14-2005, 06:53 AM   #15
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to goviggen
Anybody got any pictures of their saabs playing in the snow?
Old 02-14-2005, 06:56 AM   #16
Elder

I got one of the 86 900 out and about in the snow (it's my brothers car now) The SPG does not go in the snow...
Old 02-14-2005, 07:24 AM   #17
Elder

Send a message via AIM to PaulH
heres an old one i think from last winter.

Paul

Old 03-04-2005, 05:26 AM   #18
TSLMember

Send a message via AIM to TurboRush91
Viggen arriving home after a 100mile trip in the blizzard we had a few months ago..

[/img]
Old 03-04-2005, 03:16 PM   #19
Elder

Send a message via AIM to b dash rian
next time we get some snow ill take some video of me playin in the snow. There is a parking lot right near my house that i can drift from the end of the entrance road, till halfway out the exit road

here is my moms new 9-5 wagon

Quote:
Football stars play for the Steelers. Suck it, Cleveland.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:15 PM   #20
Elder

ok, that just does not count as snow...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in