Quinn+ Vert. - Page 3 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Showoff Forum > TSL Member's Saab pics

TSL Member's Saab pics Show off your Saab. Let us all indulge. Your pictures may later be added to a gallery.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2007, 04:22 PM   #41
TSLMember

O.k Why don't you people read before you write..I'm with you K...I like the idea of a fun summer only vert....even if it is an automatic...I thinks it was a great buy! I did ask Q....let's see how much abuse and or power the tranny could take before it blew up? His reply "Will find out"...lol I love it! Sounds like a good fun time!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2007, 06:00 PM   #42
Elder

Send a message via AIM to saabsbreakdown
We WILL find out. AAA will be the first to know!

I almost put my ball valve boost controller on today, but I thought I should play with this 86+ APC and see if its any good.

I'm stuck on base boost.. it's fast and fun compared to my 99, but I want to see rubber on the underside of the mirrors. yanno?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Car 178 - 1975 Saab 99 EMS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 05-15-2007, 06:03 PM   #43
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to Tikka
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabsbreakdown View Post
I want to see rubber on the underside of the mirrors. yanno?
haha.
Have you made any progress with removing the top/everything else that isn't needed?

Quote:
Which is fine. Because another guy got hit by a deer. Yes, a deer ran into a man.

Old 05-15-2007, 06:13 PM   #44
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikka View Post
haha.
Have you made any progress with removing the top/everything else that isn't needed?
Are you crazy? I got rained on so many times last may that I'm waiting until I get back from Sweden.

Old 05-16-2007, 07:55 AM   #45
TSLMember

Rubber under the mirrors...I want to see that too...especially on my 900...If you know of a turbo CiS bowl anywhere let me know? Rain in Seattle What? When? Never? LOL Enjoy the vert!
Old 05-17-2007, 07:25 PM   #46
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueMonster View Post
Rubber under the mirrors...I want to see that too...especially on my 900...If you know of a turbo CiS bowl anywhere let me know? Rain in Seattle What? When? Never? LOL Enjoy the vert!
well that EMS has one and i think i need to sell the car, so it may get the stock engine back in it or or a n/a 16 v with megasquirt and mss exhaust. what i don't need is a car that boring of a color!

what you need if you ask anyone else is a 'h motor turbo cis metering plate' if they ask why just tell them they are different. that way you should avoid any arguments.

Old 05-18-2007, 04:43 PM   #47
TSLMember

Thank's Quinn..I'll keep that in mind when looking for one...If you happen to hear of one..please let me know....I look forward to seeing how much weight you can take out of a vert...keep you turbo spooled up & the tires burnin'
Old 05-23-2007, 07:45 PM   #48
Elder

So i'm pretty stoked about this car. It doesn't shift out of 1st until 55 mph. It's so fun! I couldn't get APC to work so I hooked up my ball valve and it boosts really nice, about the same as a car with proper APC as I remember, except it has a few extra PSI.. probably up to around 12. I don't know how high it can go with stock software and intercooling, so I'm going to leave it there. I pegged the speedo needle on the odometer reset button the other day racing a NG900 Turbo a friend of mine has. He got his ass kicked

The car is tail heavy with the top in and it bugs me. Not a good combination with the sway bars, I have already gotten the back end to come out twice, when I wasn't really expecting it.

Overall this car hauls ass but is a little heavy. I think it needs two new cv joints and a shock bushing, also. Lots of clunking. I may just run it like it is all summer and do a little work on it this winter.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:59 PM   #49
Elder

So for an update..

The other day (last thurs) on the way to work while traversing a railroad crossing my lower A-arm decided to break. I got it all lined up to weld it, and the 220 extension cord wouldn't reach. I put the wheel back on the car to try and drive it in and it fucked off the A-arm, I wasn't able to line it up again.

I got a ride from mom, came back later in the 99 with a buddy, an air tank, an impact wrench, and a new A-arm. When I got home I replaced the CV axle/hub/rotor assembly as a whole because it needed renewing anyways.

Yesterday I took the top mechanism, headliner, and top cover out as a whole. It was really easy. I also removed the hydraulics and the moisture barrier. The hardest part was the 20 thousand staples on the back lip of the car and under the side spoilers.

Today I replaced the intercooler.

Replaced, as opposed to clean.

How does it go, Eleventybillion whp?

Today I also took out the center console and kick panel. I also advanced the timing quite a bit.

The car is riding a full inch higher in the back and is really responsive steering wise.

Old 06-21-2007, 08:11 PM   #50
Elder

Send a message via AIM to PaulH
thats sweet. though it really looks very odd with that big gaping hole, you should make a cover or something. but i suppose when your front wheels dont match your back wheels...its not that big of a deal

Paul

Old 06-21-2007, 08:44 PM   #51
JK
Elder

I love the old IC. That's precious. Funny thing is that I had the text at the bottom of my screen and had not seen the photo before reading that you replaced the old one. I fully understood why as soon as I scrolled down
Old 06-21-2007, 08:50 PM   #52
Elder

I dont even know how I would clean that.

If I was at work I would probably throw it in the parts washer and then use 5 or 6 cans of brake clean after that for some high pressure love. I have no idea where that grease came from, it boggles my mind. There is nothing over there.

Good thing I had a box of intercoolers

I've been thinking about making a cover for it. The thing is, nothing is on the same plane so you can't use one piece of plywood or something, it won't lay right. I was thinking about buying some leather fabric and stapeling it in, but I'm afraid it won't really last because of all the wind it will get.

Old 06-21-2007, 08:54 PM   #53
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to Palmer
Wow.

Why the hell are the back seats still in?
Old 06-21-2007, 08:56 PM   #54
Elder

They didn't weigh as much as I thought. The side panels are also really light when you take the speakers out.

Old 06-21-2007, 08:59 PM   #55
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

I'll let that slide.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:02 PM   #56
Elder

Why is your back seat still in?

Old 06-21-2007, 09:03 PM   #57
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

It was not, until last weekend.

Now, it's been folded flat since.

Face.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:08 PM   #58
Elder

Next I want to take out all the A/C junk, the APC, cruise control, and anything else in the engine bay that isn't necessary. I'm also thinking of taking the entire HVAC system out and leaving the heater just fixed at half on the floor half on the defroster.

I wanted to take the heater core and everything out, but it does get cold at night and right now with the windows up and the parcel shelf stuffed back there it is really comfortable with some heat.

The windows are probably the biggest single source of weight left on the car. The windows and regulators together would be alot of weight.

Old 06-21-2007, 10:00 PM   #59
Elder

Send a message via AIM to spgproject
that ic is nuts.

also, i think it'd be hilarious is you installed the accessory boot cover.....ya know, with no convertable top underneath it....

also, that thing has some mighty shiny paint!
Old 06-22-2007, 07:02 AM   #60
Elder

Paint is brand new, except for the gouge I put in the trunk lid from falling over with a convertable top in tote.

I'd love to have one of those covers. There are two problems, however. One is I don't have one. The other is I don't think it will get supported properly if someone walks on it. I had a girl fall in the damn hole last night it was so awesome. Bitch, this is a precision instrument, be careful!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in