1992 9000s A/C recharge/Low Pressure Fill Port Location - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Welcome to The Saab Link > Site Problems?

Site Problems? Any problems with the site can be explain here. Be specific so that we may address them promptly and efficiently. This may include registering issues, or general site problems.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2018, 03:41 PM   #1
SAABeginner

1992 9000s A/C recharge/Low Pressure Fill Port Location

I cannot for the life of me find any information as to the location of the low pressure refrigerant port i am assuming that it is one of the three ports on the side of the compressor but i am not sure which one it actually is, none of them are labeled with letters like some people have said. Any one have any insight?
(I was going to post a picture but the site wont let me)
photobucket(DOT)com/gallery/user/scizie/media/bWVkaWFJZDoxNTAzODIxMjU=/?ref=
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2018, 09:06 AM   #2
Elder

It's the [EDITED] SMALLER one. The fittings are a different size so that it's physically impossible to accidentally connect the canister of refrigerant to the high pressure side of the system. Because if you do that sometimes it can make the canister explode.

Edit: I am an idiot. The low pressure port for filling is the smaller one. But you would have figured that out when you found that the connection on the refrigerant bottle wouln't fit the larger one. Source: am currently trying to diagnose where all of the refrigerant in my Land Cruiser went.

Quote:
You still don't understand. This is like trying to explain calculus to a clam.

Last edited by DrewP; 07-10-2018 at 04:23 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-11-2018, 04:31 PM   #3
SAABeginner

Auto air conditioning valve question

No...the larger hose and the larger port/valve are the low pressure, inlet, suction.... the thinner hose and the smaller pot/valve are the high pressure...and it IS high pressure.

Not a bad idea not to mess about with air cond. or try 'self filling'. You can get hurt, or stuff the system.

Just as an example of leave it alone...when all driers had 'inspection port' shall we call them here, the system was 'full' when operational and bubbles subsided. Then came the time when gas is weighed in and there may be no inspection port. Professionals then often rely on a visual (icing up for example) and a thermometer for a final check.

Old 07-12-2018, 09:12 AM   #4
Elder

The ports on the 9000 are on the compressor, not on the lines. You will not hurt yourself unless you somehow manage to get a refrigerant can connected to the high pressure port with the system operating, which would mean you'd have to Frankenstein a hose together to do so, since the fittings are physically incompatible.

Quote:
You still don't understand. This is like trying to explain calculus to a clam.
Old 08-29-2018, 09:36 PM   #5
SAABeginner

I have a 93 9000 with AC and have found that the ports are sized differently so that it is almost impossible to try to fill the wrong port. Check out the site SAAB9000.com for how to do procedures. Also try YouTube for Saab 9000 help and comments.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
a/c

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in