Saab Link Forums banner
10K views 542 replies 41 participants last post by  coldxrain 
#1 ·

One day our children will see this video in History class, will they think of you as a hero for standing up to grave injustice, and changing this world, or will they think of you as a monster for condoning this and feeding the beast?
ive made my decision, this gear is squeaking.

#163 ·
^ Very nice! Too often we take for granted the liberties that we do have. In America everyone feels its their born right to have everything given to them, yet everywhere else you have to earn it. For instance, In Germany, to get your drivers license you have to pay $2,500 along with 25-45 hours of professional instruction plus 12 hours of theory. Being an American and complaining about how everything is done is why other countries hate us. They think we are spoiled brats and a they have a point.

#181 ·
no, this started with me posting a link i found to be worth discussion. It turns out a dissenting opinion = hating the troops.

i dont hate the troops, i support them, but not this. and yes, i can support the people without supporting atrocity. not to mention this is iraq. Iraq never attacked us on 9/11, iraq had no weapons of mass destruction, if they did they woulda paraded them through time fucking square and you know it.

Im no soldier, but I am a voter, a taxpayer, a human being...
i have a right, inherently, to speak up, i see an injustice and i wish to see it righted. not to mention, the real beef i have is for the army, who covered this up for 3 years. the cameraman was 22 years old. younger than most of us on this forum, and got his life snuffed out for, in my opinion, nothing.

i think this should have come out when it happened. Imagine having to wait 3 years to find out how your son died. thats fucked up. and i think ANY soldier would agree. if you died on the battlefield, and the circumstances of your death were fucked up, and covered up for 3 years, and then someone in the military had the balls and the sense of justice to leak this, you would fucking appreciate it wouldnt you? I would.

also, a lot of "oh they hate your freedoms, oh they hate us because ur in american and complain so much, oh they hate us for bla bla, Is it possible that maybe, just maybe some people out there hate us for exactly this? this is the 1st video ive seen of this kind, but in other places in the world they see this daily. The group that put this out says they have a lot more.

Ill give you that i have some opinions that are a bit out there... ok im done.

#166 ·
I say everyone needs to take a chill pill and relax a bit... there's nothing wrong with debate, but personal attacks and such is pretty immature and uncalled for. Can't we just agree to disagree?

#167 · (Edited)
Can't we just agree to disagree?
NO! Fuck you! :p

EDIT: My beef with this whole thing and most of the internet is that this video has been carefully crafted to make people react a certain way and that's exactly how 99% of the internet is reacting. I don't like people who manipulate information to serve their purpose.

#168 ·
That's fine, but every living being is entitled to an opinion or view... it's what makes us who we are. There's no need for people to get incredibly pissed and start name calling or running people into the ground for having a different outlook on things.

Just my position on that ;).

#171 ·
That's fine, but every living being is entitled to an opinion or view... it's what makes us who we are. There's no need for people to get incredibly pissed and start name calling or running people into the ground for having a different outlook on things.

Just my position on that ;).
amen brother.

#170 ·
oh man a sea of knowledge and barely a drop of wisdom.. have any of you watched the full unedited version? also, as ive said, the first attack on the group can be explained as "ah well we thought they had guns". Even I can accept this. But the attack on the van, and the call of duty mindset, thats inexcusable.

#178 ·
They entered into an area that had been cleared for engagement. They vehicle is clearly not marked as an emergency services vehicle (this goes back to ROE [and no not all ROE can be found as public information]). So they entered themselves as an unknown variable.

The Apache units had already requested a ground unit be sent in to investigate the area for which any medical attention would have been provided as needed, which you see was being done for the children they found.

It is never a good idea to enter into any combat zone if you are not already designated a friendly you can end up being designated as a hostile.

#174 ·
Also, i started this thread saying "one day our kids will see this". so far nobody has addressed that at all. hey army guys, id love to hear ur opinion on that. if your children saw you doing this, and laughing, and mocking.. would they respect you? would they see you as a hero, or a monster?

remember children are innocent and have a strong sense of right and wrong.

#176 ·
I'm sure your kids will tell their kids about how proud they are of your trolling on the internet.

#185 ·
There is no end to this. This is the world we live in. People will hate and people will be hated. History proves some extremely cruel things happened in the past, and they will happen again. To go on and on about this isolated event is going to drive everyone mad.

#193 ·
oh and, lemme just say, i got nothing against any of you, ur my saab buddies, not my political science class lol

i just saw this and said wtf can i do about this? and spread the word is all i could think of.

#203 ·
We do have some vile people here don't we? haha

I think that you will agree that America is on a different level than some of the other places. The US, England, France, Germany, to name a few are more mature and established if you will. Iraq and the Middle East is a very unstable, radical and volatile places to be. Their beliefs, demands, and thoughts are not geared toward humanity and well being. There is always room for error in the world because lord knows we are not perfect by any means but there is a balance that needs to happen in order for us to all survive. I just don't think that some countries have that figured out quite yet and need a slap on the ass from time to time. Based on the track history over there, they would be happier blowing us all up instead of living in unity with the rest of the world. Out of sheer fear that we would live in a world ruled by dictators, the US invades and conquers. Is it right? I don't know, but I do know that I sleep much better knowing that a nuclear warhead wont be headed our way any time soon.

#205 · (Edited)
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State." Joseph Goebbels....

Do you guys see a 757 anywhere? Or Maybe you Don't even Know what this is?

Or is anybody smart enough to weld on here know what temperature steel melts? Or the strength of steel reinforced concrete? or that Jet fuel is little more than Kerosene? With a flash point far lower than what is Necessary to melt steel?

Rumsfeld can't even leave the US now because he is wanted as a War criminal by countries all over the world. If America ever wakes up all those inflicted with "Stockholm syndrome" I see so many of you are suffering from there's Gunna be hell to pay. Go back to sleep America, Drink your Sodium Fluoride. A Big glass because you love it.

Or as Hitler said "How fortunate for leaders that men do not think." or "Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it"

More Goebbles.. "Think of the press as a great keyboard on which the government can play."

#209 ·
Jet fuel alone isn't enough to sustain temps hot enough to melt steel, but combine jet fuel plus all the other stuff in the building plus the fact that steel doesn't need to liquefy to bring down a building, just warp enough that the structure loses tensegrity... and what do you have then?

So if there was no plane hitting the Pentagon, what happened to the very real plane and its very real passengers? They couldn't have vaporized, and after almost ten years you would think that at least one of them would have tried to make contact with the rest of the world...

#220 ·
and this is why i started this thread, to cause exactly the intense debate theyre talking about.

u can think im a douche, but fact is i started an epic thread on saablink, and for that i deserve at least +1 internet.

#213 ·
Now since I have never publicized my stance on the war, nor will I here (this thread was created on the video of the troops who I wholeheartedly support), but Harvey created a different subject all together. I am just posting this not claiming it is true or false.

Here is a flash someone put together on the Pentagon issue.

http://www.pentagonstrike.co.uk/flash.htm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.