Carlisle Import & Kit Nationals May 17 - May 19, 2013 - Page 6 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Welcome to The Saab Link > Events > Saabs at Carlisle

Saabs at Carlisle As requested, a dedicated forum for Carlisle related threads.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2013, 03:00 PM   #101
Elder

Send a message via AIM to JLausch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen View Post
Words Like Clusterfuck,Dicks, & 15 million spaces....is Very unrespectable to me & the many possible participants...is my point.
To that point I can agree, I will choose my words more carefully in that sense in the future, in fact I will edit my original post an an effort to be more "respectable". However I don't see 15 million spaces as non respectable, they used to essentially give us as much as needed, the show has grown, that is no longer the case. My point is we have to plan things carefully. I am speaking on a car forum, this is not an official communication of any sort. I am being honest and to the point. That's how I am. Criticize me if you wish.
'01 Viggen (sold)

Last edited by JLausch; 04-22-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2013, 03:11 PM   #102
Avid TSL User

I'm Honest & to the Point as well!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-22-2013, 05:15 PM   #103
Elder

Send a message via AIM to DeLorean
who cares about peoples choice anyway? if you are THAT concerned about it, just pre regester and if you cant make it, oh well you just made a donation to the central penn saab club. if this is really THAT upsetting.... TS.

Old 04-22-2013, 05:57 PM   #104
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

The guys at CPSC bust their ass every year putting together SAC. Cut them a little slack.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:23 AM   #105
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLausch View Post
If you have a better suggestion for how to do it that won't turn the process of laying out the showfield into a huge mess I'm all ears. We didnt just change it to that way to be jerks. We already have too much to do as it is, having to adjust showfield layout on the fly during the event isn't feasible. They don't give us 15 million spots to spread out the cars to like they used to. Sorry you think it's bullshit.

Also we didnt raise our costs this year, and for the 1st 150 or so cars we had to eat 11.50 per car because of the pricing error (weren't aware of the price increas on carlisle's end)

Have a nice day.
The 11.50 is for the cars being judged? Or is it for general cars camping out? As for people flipping out, WOOSAHHH! Touch those pressure points.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:29 AM   #106
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
who cares about peoples choice anyway? if you are THAT concerned about it, just pre regester and if you cant make it, oh well you just made a donation to the central penn saab club. if this is really THAT upsetting.... TS.
Yea, I don't understand the big deal about pre-reging. It's of minimal cost and if you can't make it, consider it to be a donation to CPSC. Otherwise pay your $35 at the gate and be treated like every other car there.

1994 Ford Explorer | 4.0 V6 5MT | Time to get muddy!
Old 04-23-2013, 10:38 AM   #107
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS929k View Post
The 11.50 is for the cars being judged? Or is it for general cars camping out? As for people flipping out, WOOSAHHH! Touch those pressure points.
The 11.50 is the difference in the showfield registration fee that Carlisle charges for each car coming in (the preregistration rate). So that pretty much applies for anyone bringing a car into the grounds other than tow vehicles. We will reevaluate next year and see if we can cut costs to help offset it somewhat, although who knows. Things are a little less certain with the current condition of the brand. Fortuanetly there are many companies still contributing.
'01 Viggen (sold)
Old 04-23-2013, 11:53 AM   #108
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to g96nt Send a message via AIM to g96nt Send a message via MSN to g96nt Send a message via Yahoo to g96nt
Eh... it is what it is. It shouldn't be CP's responsibility to subsidize the show's costs.
$90 for the weekend, including camping is hardly expensive.

and $20-whatever dollars to pre-reg is negligible. you can always add the camping and other meals after-the-fact.

I get where Matt's coming from, sine I've had a wonky scheduled job in the past, but really, $20 isn't a ton to be out if you end up not being able to go.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:22 PM   #109
Elder

It's not that it's our responsibility to do it, but we would feel wrong to be like "oh by the way, pay us another 11.50 even though we told you it cost this other amount...". So we make it optional to pay the difference. We are a resourceful group and we'll make it work in the end.
'01 Viggen (sold)
Old 04-23-2013, 02:31 PM   #110
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLausch View Post
It's not that it's our responsibility to do it, but we would feel wrong to be like "oh by the way, pay us another 11.50 even though we told you it cost this other amount...". So we make it optional to pay the difference. We are a resourceful group and we'll make it work in the end.
I'm in... Are you setting up a Pay-Pal to do this, or should we pay at the door?
Old 04-23-2013, 02:34 PM   #111
SAABeginner

Quote:
The actual fee was $31.50 ($35 less 10% for registering early), but we didn't realize Carlisle Events had increased the fee and were still charging $20 for most of the preregistration period. You all register with us, but we in turn register you with Carlisle and pay them. That's where the $11.50 difference comes from.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:34 PM   #112
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Cark
I hope there is enough room in the Crisman's backyard at SiS
Old 04-23-2013, 05:35 PM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondes99 View Post
The actual fee was $31.50 ($35 less 10% for registering early), but we didn't realize Carlisle Events had increased the fee and were still charging $20 for most of the preregistration period. You all register with us, but we in turn register you with Carlisle and pay them. That's where the $11.50 difference comes from.
You will receive the difference from me later this week. Been in a similar situation myself and it sucks hardcore. My question is, Gate-N-Go still good for pre-registrars?
Old 04-23-2013, 06:05 PM   #114
SAABeginner

Quote:
You will receive the difference from me later this week. Been in a similar situation myself and it sucks hardcore. My question is, Gate-N-Go still good for pre-registrars?
As long as you paid us the $20 fee by the 14th, then you are all set. I just got mine in the mail today, but I signed up early so I may be in an earlier batch that went to Carlisle Events. And I'm only 15 miles from Carlisle.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:15 PM   #115
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cark View Post
I hope there is enough room in the Crisman's backyard at SiS
I'm sure there will be.
'01 Viggen (sold)
Old 04-23-2013, 08:16 PM   #116
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen View Post
I'm in... Are you setting up a Pay-Pal to do this, or should we pay at the door?
You can do either, whatever works best for you. If you go the Paypal route, it's [email protected]

Thanks for your support

Also for anyone who paypal's please mention your full name in the notes so we can keep track.
'01 Viggen (sold)

Last edited by JLausch; 04-23-2013 at 08:44 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:33 AM   #117

is there a pancake limit............

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2002 saab 9-5 JZW STAGE 5
2001viggen 5 door
2000 saab 9-3 vert jzw stage 5
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sold parted out
1972 nova 396 BB

2008 LINCOLN MKX ELITE

Old 04-24-2013, 07:12 AM   #118
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALDSAAB View Post
is there a pancake limit............
They cut you off when you begin to sweat syrup.

1994 Ford Explorer | 4.0 V6 5MT | Time to get muddy!
Old 04-24-2013, 06:04 PM   #119
Greek Mod
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to grkguy89
any interest for me to bring my Tech2?

Quote:
Current Activity: Moderating
Old 04-24-2013, 06:12 PM   #120
Elder

Do it! It may come in handy if my Viggen starts acting up. Long way from MN.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in