Carlisle Import & Kit Nationals May 17 - May 19, 2013 - Page 5 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Welcome to The Saab Link > Events > Saabs at Carlisle

Saabs at Carlisle As requested, a dedicated forum for Carlisle related threads.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2013, 10:50 AM   #81
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to g96nt Send a message via AIM to g96nt Send a message via MSN to g96nt Send a message via Yahoo to g96nt
Registered this weekend for the show+camping!
Kristen, Moochie, The shaggin' Wag'n, and I will be there Friday-Sunday.

hollaaarrr!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2013, 10:53 AM   #82
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to g96nt Send a message via AIM to g96nt Send a message via MSN to g96nt Send a message via Yahoo to g96nt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Joe View Post
From what the press release said the prices for Carlisle actually went up and they weren't informed. They were charging last years rates (or something). For everyone that had already registered they aren't upcharging even though the club has to pay the difference, but for the folks that didn't you have to pay the difference.
For anyone feeling super-honest, they are accepting the $11.50 difference from anyone that feels they should pay it. paypal address is on the site.

For 2 people, 1 car, a campsite, and the "free" meals, it was $87.
not bad for a weekend!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-15-2013, 04:03 PM   #83
Elder

Send a message via AIM to soccerrplyr
registered as well

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 04-16-2013, 04:52 AM   #84
SAAB Road Master

Registered my bmw sadly
The convertible is still in the body shop getting misc things done
Leaving illinois Friday morning, anyone Wisconsin or Chicago way leaving same time?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
1985 900 turbo 4 door RIP
Old 04-16-2013, 06:20 AM   #85
WSW
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclearphoenix View Post
Registered my bmw sadly
The convertible is still in the body shop getting misc things done
Leaving illinois Friday morning, anyone Wisconsin or Chicago way leaving same time?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I might be leaving friday morning
Old 04-16-2013, 08:28 PM   #86
SAAB Road Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSW View Post
I might be leaving friday morning
Friday morning we are leaving from Milwaukee.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:11 PM   #87
WSW
Elder

Registration not working?
Old 04-17-2013, 07:00 PM   #88
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Slow Joe Send a message via Yahoo to Slow Joe
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSW View Post
Registration not working?
Here's the info on what's going on now that we're past 4/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] Email
Our registration website has reopened, and will remain open through May 1. You will still be able to purchase event badges and meal tickets, and also order [email protected] merchandise through us before the show. Vehicle, campsite and trailer/tow vehicle registration will need to be handled directly through Carlisle Events.

Since pre-registration has closed, you will not be eligible for the People's Choice or Competition of Colors shows, nor will there be reserved parking with your model. You will most likely not receive your credentials from Carlisle Events before the show, which includes Gate-N-Go, so you'll need to check in at their registration building at Gate 3.
Here's the link to Carlisle's website: http://store.carlisleevents.com/Sear...lts.asp?Cat=23
1 Mercedes
Complete Addict.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:39 PM   #89
WSW
Elder

Just registered!!

Anyone with a tech2 on hand? Looking to program some remotes
Old 04-20-2013, 03:52 AM   #90
Elder

I think its bullshit that if you don't pre register you cant be eligible for the peoples choice awards, aka getting a number. For eight years in a row I have pre registered for this show. Because of my schedule/job this year I wont know until very close to the show if I can attend. There are at least 6 people in my group that wont know till close to the show if they can attend either. We all want to go but why would we drive 7 hours and not be able to participate in the show? I think the no pre registration no peoples choice started last year because they told my friend with a MCY vert that he wasn't able to park it on the show field but could pay the $20 (thats gone up this year) for the lunch.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:38 PM   #91
SAABeginner

You can take my spot in the people's choice thing if that's possible. My 9000 is pretty much a beater.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:40 PM   #92
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
I paid to have my car on the show field but don't care this year. Friends of Saab is a meaningless category, see no point in waking up to clean it. I figure my money helps the club, so it's worth it even if I park the car some place else with no number on it.

Old 04-22-2013, 04:17 AM   #93
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
I signed up the 9th, but seem to be getting "It's not too" late reminders.

I signed up to bring the Vig. Hoffman is coming, and if by some chance his car isn't ready, I will have him drive up my SPG.

I will also do my best to find the convoy, but we may have to pick up his Aero at Harvey's Friday AM first. (45 min out of the way).
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Old 04-22-2013, 11:15 AM   #94
Elder

Send a message via AIM to JLausch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadenais View Post
I think its bullshit that if you don't pre register you cant be eligible for the peoples choice awards, aka getting a number. For eight years in a row I have pre registered for this show. Because of my schedule/job this year I wont know until very close to the show if I can attend. There are at least 6 people in my group that wont know till close to the show if they can attend either. We all want to go but why would we drive 7 hours and not be able to participate in the show? I think the no pre registration no peoples choice started last year because they told my friend with a MCY vert that he wasn't able to park it on the show field but could pay the $20 (thats gone up this year) for the lunch.
If you have a better suggestion for how to do it that won't turn the process of laying out the showfield into a huge mess I'm all ears. We didnt just change it to that way to be jerks. We already have too much to do as it is, having to adjust showfield layout on the fly during the event isn't feasible. They don't give us 15 million spots to spread out the cars to like they used to. Sorry you think it's bullshit.

Also we didnt raise our costs this year, and for the 1st 150 or so cars we had to eat 11.50 per car because of the pricing error (weren't aware of the price increas on carlisle's end)

Have a nice day.
'01 Viggen (sold)

Last edited by JLausch; 04-22-2013 at 03:02 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:40 AM   #95
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLausch View Post
If you have a better suggestion for how to do it that won't turn the process of laying out the showfield into a huge clusterfuck I'm all ears. We didnt just change it to that way to be dicks. We already have too much to do as it is, having to adjust showfield layout on the fly during the event isn't feasible. They don't give us 15 million spots to spread out the cars to like they used to. Sorry you think it's bullshit.

Also we didnt raise our costs this year, and for the 1st 150 or so cars we had to eat 11.50 per car because of the pricing error (weren't aware of the price increas on carlisle's end)

Have a nice day.
Rest assured, I will pay my extra $11 and then some.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Old 04-22-2013, 01:31 PM   #96
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLausch View Post
If you have a better suggestion for how to do it that won't turn the process of laying out the showfield into a huge clusterfuck I'm all ears. We didnt just change it to that way to be dicks. We already have too much to do as it is, having to adjust showfield layout on the fly during the event isn't feasible. They don't give us 15 million spots to spread out the cars to like they used to. Sorry you think it's bullshit.

Have a nice day.
This response is not Respectable, Whatever happened to the Class act people that used to run the Central Penn SAAB Club & the Carlisle event?
Old 04-22-2013, 02:21 PM   #97
Elder

Glen, we are the same group as always, we try our best to create an enjoyable event and are constantly striving to improve the quality of the show. Forgive me for my reaction but a lot of hard work goes into this event each year and to have our process called bullshit is not respectable. We have to do things like this. The volume of cars makes it difficult to organize people's choice with walk ins. The majority (not all) of past errors in the awards process can be attributed to walkins and confusions called by too much going on at the last minute. By cutting off people's choice with pre registrations it allows us to have time to go over everything to the best of our abilities. Glen, I know you have been upset with the way we have done things or things that have happened in the past and I apologize for that, but you have to give us a little bit of a break. We are working very hard on this during our spare time in addition to our full time careers to try to put this together.

If there were a way to make everything perfect we would do just that, but there isn't, we have to weigh the options and go with which ever option allows for things to go smoothly.

Also forgive any formatting or grammatical errors as I am posting from my phone.
'01 Viggen (sold)

Last edited by JLausch; 04-22-2013 at 02:26 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:28 PM   #98
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweek's Turbos View Post
Rest assured, I will pay my extra $11 and then some.
Tweak, we do appreciate it. As we said before we appreciate anyone who does that however we stand by our advertised event and do not have any expectations for this.

We are however very grateful.

Thanks.
'01 Viggen (sold)
Old 04-22-2013, 02:41 PM   #99
Avid TSL User

Words Like Clusterfuck,Dicks, & 15 million spaces....is Very unrespectable to me & the many possible participants...is my point.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:44 PM   #100
SAABeginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen View Post
This response is not Respectable, Whatever happened to the Class act people that used to run the Central Penn SAAB Club & the Carlisle event?
We can always use more volunteers, if you're offering!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in