Saab Owners Convention Survey - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Welcome to The Saab Link > Events > Saab Owner's Convention (SOC)

Saab Owner's Convention (SOC) As requested, a dedicated forum for SOC related threads.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2011, 07:19 PM   #1
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stromer
Saab Owners Convention Survey

The Saab Club of North America is collecting input from the Saab community based on experiences at SOC 2010 in Ohio and other past SOCs. This information will be considered during the planning of SOC 2011 in Parsippany NJ, August 18-21. This feedback will ensure that future conventions evolve to the diverse Saab community and their interests.

Two separate surveys have been collected, one for those who attended SOC 2010 in Ohio, and one for those who did not. Each survey is less than 12 questions long and should take no more than 15 minutes to complete. Please follow the respective web links below:

Survey for attendees of SOC 2010 in Ohio: SOC Survey - Attendees

Survey for non-attendees of SOC 2010 in Ohio: SOC Survey - Non-Attendees

Thank you very much for your time!

Last edited by stromer; 01-13-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2011, 07:50 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Moreboost
Where in parsippany are you guys going to be? I live in parsippany well i did but I'm still 5 min from there? And why parsippany?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-13-2011, 07:54 PM   #3
Ero
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Holy crap finally something less then an hour driving from me!

Old 01-13-2011, 07:58 PM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to DeLorean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moreboost View Post
And why parsippany?
This was my through as well. I am also fairly close to this, but parsippany? That would not be my first choice in this area, that's for sure!
Old 01-13-2011, 08:03 PM   #5
Elder

Send a message via Yahoo to aireeca
Oooh...a survey...this sounds like fun. BRB.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:07 PM   #6
Elder

Hey, hey...check this out...

9. How did you PRIMARILY hear about SOC 2010 and where did you look for information related to the convention?

How did you PRIMARILY hear about SOC 2010 and where did you look for information related to the convention? NINES Magazine
Saab Club of North America and SOC 2010 websites
Saablink.net Web Forum
Saabnet.com Message Boards
Saabcentral.com Web Forum
Turbo! Mail List
Local and regional club websites and publications
Franchise or independent Saab dealer/service facility
Other, please specify in the comments field
Old 01-14-2011, 04:06 AM   #7
Elder

The location was based on support from local franchise dealers, a concentration of Saab community members, and a suitable location for the show.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:08 AM   #8
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by aireeca View Post
Hey, hey...check this out...

9. How did you PRIMARILY hear about SOC 2010 and where did you look for information related to the convention?

How did you PRIMARILY hear about SOC 2010 and where did you look for information related to the convention? NINES Magazine
Saab Club of North America and SOC 2010 websites
Saablink.net Web Forum
Saabnet.com Message Boards
Saabcentral.com Web Forum
Turbo! Mail List
Local and regional club websites and publications
Franchise or independent Saab dealer/service facility
Other, please specify in the comments field
I assume you're pointing out that TSL is included? This should be a good chance to point out saabnet isn't the be-all-end-all for posting stuff about SCNA.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:04 AM   #9
Elder

Precisely, sir. Whether SCNA cares or not is another matter. But it is a step in the right direction.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:25 AM   #10
Elder

I would not be shocked if the TSN overlord blocks this survey due to the TSL mention.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:56 AM   #11
Avid TSL User

I think TSN is the worst place to get saab info[i only check the want ads]..Far too clubby for me.once the paid membership started i dropped out.if your not a paid member your ignored.The best saab sites are this one or the sites i visit in the UK and other European country's[sweden,holland].
whats his name checking the lowlifes in the standard posting forums to make sure we didnt do or say anything wrong like were little kids or something is far to militant for me.he must be a control freak.
another thing the bugs me about that site is the amount of caution they take to prevent spam and its polluted with spam anyway.ever try posting a photo there ?its like crossing through Check Point Charlie !

Last edited by midnightsonett; 01-14-2011 at 08:37 AM.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:07 AM   #12
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightsonett View Post
I think TSL is the worst place to get saab info[i only check the want ads]..Far too clubby for me.once the paid membership started i dropped out.if your not a paid member your ignored.The best saab sites are this one or the sites i visit in the UK and other European country's[sweden,holland].
whats his name checking the lowlifes in the standard posting forums to make sure we didnt do or say anything wrong like were little kids or something is far to militant for me.he must be a control freak.
another thing the bugs me about that site is the amount of caution they take to prevent spam and its polluted with spam anyway.ever try posting a photo there ?its like crossing through Check Point Charlie !
Did you mean TSN because we don't pay here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:37 AM   #13
Avid TSL User

yeah ,the saab net is the one i am referring to.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:05 AM   #14
Elder

aah, good, I was about to say I think we are generally pretty lenient here! Just about the only thing we don't put up with is when someone acts like an 8 year old here, then we respond and act like 12 year olds or just threaten to give them a time out. Just saying "the saab link" you can't even do on-site, and if you walk around the blocking software there is a good change you won't be on his site anymore.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:29 AM   #15
Avid TSL User

For event promotion, Parsippany has a good amount of car show experience, such as the annual Labor Day weekend "Lead East" hot rod custom car gala that has been going on for over 20 years. They have ample hotel accommodations and parking area and the town is familiar with car shows and car show attendees. Hopefully they have enough volunteers to make it happen.

As for TSN, Scott is genuinely a good guy, but his methods are a little too far-reaching, to the point of being Draconian by today's standards. We no longer live in a "Let It to Beaver" world, but I applaud him for making the effort to keep his site as clean as it has been, and since 1988 no less. Unfortunately, it has come at the expense of alienating many, many people, sometimes for the most trivial of reasons (and sometimes for more blatant offenses). Some of the other contemporary SAAB sites were borne from a need for like-minded people to assemble; ever wonder why so many US-based SAAB enthusiasts congregate on a SAAB site based in the UK?

For as much as we think we should all just get along, there have been divisions among SAAB enthusiasts for decades (yes, really...this is nothing new, folks) and based upon the variety of interests, I predict that no one SAAB site will EVER fulfill the needs, desires or interests of the SAAB loyal. As more models are introduced and more SAAB enthusiasts are created, this will only continue to prove itself as true. The car hobby is very segmented, almost fragmented because there is such a diverse number of choices; SAABs are no different.

" Systematically Converting Money and Fossil Fuels Into Noise"
Old 01-14-2011, 09:53 AM   #16
Elder

^^ well put
Old 01-14-2011, 09:56 AM   #17
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Moreboost
Where in parsippany is it being held?

Old 01-14-2011, 09:57 AM   #18
Elder

Sounds like an argument against Saab monogamy to me.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:05 AM   #19
Elder

Geo metro forums are dull and all about making your car slower and more fuel efficient. Sometimes they talk about how to diagnose a faulty ECU - I just tend to lurk there a few times a year. I am here everyday - and Saabworld almost daily. There is a new forum I try to check once a day as it's still getting built. I belong to a few other too - but rarely post on those. What was this thread about? TSN is 15 years behind in technology, not even so much the banning as the apearance.

SOC in NJ sounds good to me - not a back and forth event, but a nice short drive non-the less.

I like the events being on the EAST COAST - I attend them everytime since I learned of them (should have gone to hershey)
for your repair needs
Old 01-14-2011, 10:17 AM   #20
Elder

If you think GEO forums are bad, try TDiClub. I never got the mileage they insisted I should be getting and everyone's car was worth $1million until it came time to sell. Vortex is like that, too.

And newbeetle.org? Like being smothered to death by fluffy bunnies. Blech.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in