SOC Track Day & SCNA Philosophy - Page 4 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Welcome to The Saab Link > Events > Saab Owner's Convention (SOC)

Saab Owner's Convention (SOC) As requested, a dedicated forum for SOC related threads.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2010, 07:29 AM   #61
Elder

Another point alot of you are forgetting is, that for alot of us who have ponied up the money over the years it's like a family reunion. there are folks I talk with once a year at SOC. My days go very fast, getting the car wiped down (not detailing) walking the swap area, every person you stop to talk to is at least 20 min eat up. My Saturday afternoon is always taken up with car judging, and before you know it it's sunday noon and time to leave. Helping out at a SOC makes things different too. Getting involved is what makes them alot more fun.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2010, 09:45 AM   #62
gm
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

correct, most are not drivers otherwise there would be 300 cars at the drivers school & it would be a multiple day even &/or saab drivers schools held throughout the year. If there were 100 cars at the track, that could get the cost down to under $100 for a day!!

Like moonracer states above, it's kinda a family reunion so paying up for the cruise style food (never been on a cruise & I would hope they wouldn't provide box lunches) & nice facilities is all part of the game.

I do enjoy the events & I hate I had to miss this years.

Saabless for the first time since 1986
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-29-2010, 07:10 PM   #63
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to agnlxx Send a message via Yahoo to agnlxx
Itís been a crazy week back to work for me and I am just now getting a chance to share my thoughts on this yearís SOC.

I thought this yearís SOC was one of if not the best I have attended. I never seem to get to do all of the things that I would like to do at these, like see all of the cars I want to see, or attend all of the seminars I would like, or even get to spend time with everyone that I would like to. But, overall, I always thoroughly enjoy them. Moonracer said it right, that these things are like a family reunion. I too see people (and my favorite Saabs) at SOCs that I only see once a year, and itís hard between everything else there is to do, to get to spend the time you would like with everyone. Sure certain things will be better some years than at others. I agree, the parts tent this year was not the best I had been to, but I can assure you I had no problem buying plenty of things and spending lots of money doing it. It was mentioned having a hatch stuffing contest at some point but I will say, the Louisville KY crew would have won hands down. Somewhere there are pictures of the cars loaded with parts from the tent and auction we attended where we all bought more things! Three classic 900s really do come in handy!

Anyway, I know that this gets expensive, and with me being unemployed for the second half of last year, I know what it is like to pinch pennies. I will say though, that this is something that I plan on saving my money for every year to make sure I can go. For me, itís more than the stuff to do, or the parts for sale, or the venue, but I get to see my friends I never see and only chat with on Facebook, and I also get a chance to make new friends, which this year was no exception.

Lastly, the speakers, Friday night with Curvin and Willy, and then Saturday night with Victor and Jan Ake, were THE BEST speeches I think I have ever heard at an SOC. I mean, what an AWFUL year it had been! Saab was on the brink of being gone forever, and here we are, sitting at this yearís banquet, listening to the guy that bought Saab. I donít know about anyone else, but I get chills thinking about it even as I type this.

I had an awesome time. I didnít even race, but had a blast at the track day, and I loved seeing everyone!

1988 Saab 900 SPG
1993 Saab 9000 CSE
2011 Saab 9-3

Old 08-02-2010, 03:56 PM   #64
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
Yeah it needs a no assembly line food option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
scamna

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in