Dyno day sign up is open - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Welcome to The Saab Link > Events > Saab Owner's Convention (SOC)

Saab Owner's Convention (SOC) As requested, a dedicated forum for SOC related threads.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2009, 12:34 PM   #1
JZW
Elder

Dyno day sign up is open

Looks like the performance section of the website is now up. You can email me about signing up for the 2009 SOC dyno day that will be held at Mac Auto Sports in Parker Colorado on August 13th. We will accept up to 25 cars and we will give out awards for highest hp, etc on Saturday night in Copper.

http://www.rockymtnsaabclub.com/SOC09/performance.html

thanks,

John
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2009, 12:45 PM   #2
Elder

Is the highest hp award excluding you? Otherwise, there wont be much competition

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 05-30-2009, 08:36 PM   #3
JZW
Elder

Yes, I will not be included in the contest and if we get 7 9k's, there will be a 9k award, if we get a bunch of viggens, then a viggen award, etc.

It was suggested that Nick and I have a dyno-off contest, but that would be up to Nick, I am all for it. So, if Nick wants to bring his drag car or viggen and have some fun with a friendly little contest, that is cool with me.

So, there may be up to 3 different classes, t5 or t7 or 2.0 vs 2.3 or just by model and it all depends on what kind of cars we get on the dyno.

I have a few 9k's and a few ng900's ready to go so far. Pleanty of room for more at this time,

John

Old 06-05-2009, 07:43 PM   #4
Flirting With TSL Addiction

hopefully i will have my spg done by then and i would really like to join in on the fun but im not 100% if it will be done or not, so i dont want to take up a spot if my car ends up not being done.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:12 PM   #5
Avid TSL User

This sounds awesome, Can't wait. John- I sent you an Email- Also please count me in.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:53 AM   #6
Flirting With TSL Addiction

I would love to have the 9000 on the dyno

Old 07-07-2009, 01:05 PM   #7
Elder

can we gamble on the GS Vs JZW event

Old 08-10-2009, 10:56 AM   #8
SAAB Road Master

How many folks are heading down for this? I will be there aroud 2:00 with my 9-5 Aero.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:51 AM   #9
JZW
Elder

Dyno day results and video

THe dyno day was a ton of fun! In the end the ng 900's were on top!

We decided to run two classes this year, one for stg 3 and under and one for unlimited. The results were:

Unlimited Class:

First Place:

Brian O'Donnell- 1996ng900 gt3071 turbo, JZW tune put down an amazing 416whp and 421 wtrq- Well done Brian!!!

Second Place:

Bear Ratliff- 1996 ng900 19t turbo, JZW tune put down 310whp and 388wtrq

Third Place:

Steve King- 1994 9k hybrid T28 turbo, JZW tune put down 307whp and 356wtrq

Stg 3 and Under Class:

First Place:

Alexia Timken- 2005 95 Aero with Stg 1 Maptun Biopower tune put down 250whp and 330wtrq

Second Place:

Joel Ouelette- 2000 93 with Stg 3 JZW tune put down 232whp and 291wtrq

Third Place:

Dan Haugh- 1993 Classic 900 with Brad's help tuning put down 225whp and 251wtrq.

Here is a video of Eric's 900 and Bear's dyno runs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl5WmFOwAoY

Thanks and congradulations to everyone who came out for the event!

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in