SOC 2008 Registration Open - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Welcome to The Saab Link > Events > Saab Owner's Convention (SOC)

Saab Owner's Convention (SOC) As requested, a dedicated forum for SOC related threads.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2008, 06:59 AM   #1
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mcrowley
SOC 2008 Registration Open

Just saw it posted over on saabnet:

http://soc08.eventbrite.com/

http://www.saabconvention.org/default.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2008, 07:20 AM   #2
Elder

that event makes carlisle seem dirt cheap. is the food anywhere near as good? (prolly not)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 05-22-2008, 07:22 AM   #3
Elder

At SOC06 in Lake George registration was more then this years by about $60. The food was excellent, especially the Saturday dinner when they did the award ceremony. Prime rib, full buffet, dessert, the works.

Old 05-22-2008, 07:29 AM   #4
Elder

good stuff. i may have to go then.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:31 AM   #5
c900 Grognard
Elder

geez, that's a little cost prohibitive, does that include a hotel or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronJoe
Korean wheels, man. Like catnip for the ladies.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:32 AM   #6
Elder

Send a message via AIM to PaulH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Straw View Post
geez, that's a little cost prohibitive, does that include a hotel or something?
nope, just 4 meals at $43 each, a wonderful value as usual

Paul

Old 05-22-2008, 07:37 AM   #7
Elder

yeah i just noticed that it is $350 for two people to go. sorry but no thanks. i cannot afford that. for some reason i thought the $170 was for two.

Too bad too as i really want to go especially seeing as i am only about 20 miles away across the border in NH
Old 05-22-2008, 08:00 AM   #8
c900 Grognard
Elder

Yeah, eff than noise, that's a lot of money. I'd also have to renew my membership at the same time...

Quote:
Old 05-22-2008, 08:30 AM   #9
Elder

Send a message via Yahoo to aireeca
I foresee a lot of club barbecuing rather than the formal meals this year.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:31 AM   #10
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Thats what I'm thinking. Get a big pot, fill it with beer, toss lots of brats in and let it go.

Old 05-22-2008, 08:34 AM   #11
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Well the price for the viking challenge, (dyno + autocross) seems fair to me. Still what the hell. 170 for just me+40 renew member+100 or 35 (I may skip dyno and just do autox). God I'm gonna have to hold on the trigger for now though.

Old 05-22-2008, 08:47 AM   #12
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by aireeca View Post
I foresee a lot of club barbecuing rather than the formal meals this year.
where is the option to go without getting fed? i may consider that if it is cheaper..
Old 05-22-2008, 08:55 AM   #13
c900 Grognard
Elder

I think I remember people saying from last year that you could get day passes, but then you can't get into the parts tent.

Quote:
Old 05-22-2008, 08:55 AM   #14
Elder

Send a message via Yahoo to aireeca
Cripes. They don't have one again. Geez. That'll teach me for looking too quick while I'm at work. Blech.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:56 AM   #15
gm
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

I do think it's weird they are not doing breakfast.... just lunch/dinner on fri & sat + a shirt. Insurance takes up some of that money but SOC's are never cheap!!

Saabless for the first time since 1986
Old 05-22-2008, 09:03 AM   #16
Elder

Send a message via AIM to amish_geek Send a message via MSN to amish_geek
I went to SOC last year. I went to meet the Saabers. Didn't do any of the meals. Didn't do any of the seminars. Paid $20 for the day pass to the parts tent. Drank a lot in the parking lot at night, and had a blast meeting and talking with everyone.

Paying for SOC is a joke. If you're going to go to just meet people and hang out and have a good weekend. It's well worth the Gas + Hotel + Food + parts you buy.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:05 AM   #17
Elder

Send a message via AIM to guru
I'm a little peeved that the hotel is going to be so expensive, but the registration is on par with previous conventions. The lack of day passes is kind of a bummer because Mr. Guru definitely wanted to come hang out Saturday, but he'll get over it.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:06 AM   #18
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm View Post
I do think it's weird they are not doing breakfast.... just lunch/dinner on fri & sat + a shirt. Insurance takes up some of that money but SOC's are never cheap!!
so how is it that Carlisle can offering camping for a lot less money. figure lunch dinner twice at $20 a piece that is $80. Are they really saying it costs $30 a day to get in? that is bit nuts especially considering the yearly membership dues as well. And to have the price for 3 day or 2 day passes? that is a slight rip off as well.

how much were day passes before? less than $30 a piece per day?
Old 05-22-2008, 09:06 AM   #19
Elder

This is why all you guys need to go to Carlisle next year! I think I spent $60 to register, which included camping, showfield registration and food from CPSC!

edit- I just called the hotel this AM and there are still plenty of rooms left. "only" $119.00/night.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:08 AM   #20
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrowley View Post
This is why all you guys need to go to Carlisle next year! I think I spent $60 to register, which included camping, showfield registration and food from CPSC!
yup. $87 here for two people. even people that stayed in hotels spent less than $300 for the entire weekend including gas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in