SOC 2008 Registration Open - Page 9 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Welcome to The Saab Link > Events > Saab Owner's Convention (SOC)

Saab Owner's Convention (SOC) As requested, a dedicated forum for SOC related threads.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2008, 11:45 AM   #161
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mcrowley
Go to the top of the page where it says 'register'. Move the cursor over the word and then down to 'register online'...click and it should take you to the page. It just worked for me.

or:

http://www.saabnet.com/tsn/bb/SOC/index.html?bID=1600

If none of those work, try sending Ian Glenday an email.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2008, 11:51 AM   #162
SAAB Road Master

Location: Boston, but really Somerville. It takes me 4 minutes to get to Boston and 7 to 10 to get to Logan
Quote:
Please show me how a perspective Saab owner who wants to go to the SOC can register using www.saabconvention.org

I think that function is broken since it autodirects to another website that does not have a registration link.
Clicking on the above link redirects to:

http://www.saabclub.com/soc08.html

The first thing on the page (other than the big SOC 08 banner) is
"REGISTRATION", caps & bold and a link to:

http://soc08.eventbrite.com/

Doesn't seem hidden to me.

Last edited by SilverAeroGuy; 07-28-2008 at 11:52 AM. Reason: ""
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-28-2008, 11:56 AM   #163
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Please look back, I updated my post as I noticed that someone has "updated" the Saab Club website to ALSO have a registration link, so I guess they fixed the problem now.

That's good.

P.S. I don't know why the SCNA has their "official" bb on a Saabnet forum. They should have their own, especially since half of the Northern Hemisphere is banned from Saabnet people tell me.

Old 07-28-2008, 01:44 PM   #164
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA View Post
Well I am now officially registered.

While I agree that SCNA's bedside manner has not been what it should have been, re: SOC outreach and costs, I have to say I don't think it's "too expensive" or too exclusive.

The real question is not why is SOC so expensive, but why is Carlisle so cheap? And the reason that Carlisle is so cheap is because all of you east coasters live so close and can get together on a campground relatively cheap. Plus the Central Penn Saab Club types are willing to put in an absurd amount of volunteer labor to organize things.

But the biggest factor is that Carlisle is part of a much bigger show than just Saabs -- Carlisle itself takes care of the location, logistics, etc.

SCNA has to reinvent the wheel, as it were, to duplicate much of what the Carlisle campground/car show infrastructure provides.

And SCNA needs revenue in order to do a separate Saab convention. And $170 (or so) for four meals may seem like a lot, but think of it as $70 for food and $100 for the convention. Which is more than Carlisle but not that much more, given that SCNA is not piggy backing off the Carlisle infrastructure to put on the event.

Plus once you accept the need for conference rooms to do seminars, video presentations, and the like, you're into an additional range of expenses that the Carlisle Saab event does not incur. (Although I was profoundly impressed with what CPSC did with the tents, generator, etc.)

These are different events with different economics. And I'm thrilled to be able to go to both of them this year.
Well said.

I'm glad we impressed someone.

It's an apples and oranges comparison. SOC is SCNA's convention. I doubt you can get into any convention without being a member of that organization. Carlisle's only requirement is that you have a Saab.

Next year should prove interesting as the "convention" might be a little far for us east coasters. My guess is Carlisle will be up, convention, down.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:57 PM   #165
Elder

Bullseye I don't think theres any doubt that CPSC impresses each year with Carlisle

Old 07-28-2008, 03:26 PM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrowley View Post
I don't think theres any doubt that Bullseye impresses each year at Carlisle
Fixed
Old 07-28-2008, 04:01 PM   #167
Elder

So how many years in a row will it be next year?

Old 07-28-2008, 05:22 PM   #168

Quote:
So how many years in a row will it be next year?
Saabs at Carlisle began in 1999 with 3 cars
2000 had 15 or 16.
My first [email protected] was 2001.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:36 PM   #169
Elder

Send a message via Yahoo to aireeca
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Saabs at Carlisle began in 1999 with 3 cars
2000 had 15 or 16.
My first [email protected] was 2001.
So, wait, it's grown that fast in less than a decade. Holy crap. That's VERY impressive.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:53 PM   #170

Quote:
Originally Posted by aireeca View Post
So, wait, it's grown that fast in less than a decade. Holy crap. That's VERY impressive.
The only thing that's grown faster has been my bald spot.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:11 PM   #171
Elder

OK.

Now that registration has closed. Does any one know when info will be released about day passes? My self and others are probably wondering the same thing.

EDIT: I just saw this

http://saabnet.com/tsn/bb/SOC/index.html?bID=1647

Last edited by dan-the-kid; 08-17-2008 at 08:14 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:22 AM   #172
Elder

$40 for members, $50 for non-members. Not bad...

Old 08-18-2008, 03:36 AM   #173
Elder

Quote:
$40 for members, $50 for non-members. Not bad...
Mike, if I understand that correctly, that one price covers BOTH Friday and Saturday?

Update: Just got the word, a day pass sold on Friday will cover both Friday and Saturday.

2000 Viggen 'vert
2000 9-5 Aero
1998 9000 CSE Turbo
1994 9000 Aero

Last edited by Ninety5Aero; 08-18-2008 at 06:44 AM.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:21 AM   #174
Elder

Cool

Though something that I am not 100% clear about is if the holder of the day pass can enter their car into the field or whatever. Its not clear if I just park my car, and look, or if I am allowed show it off.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:23 AM   #175
Trollerator
Elder

you cannot participate in peoples choice with a day pass

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 08-19-2008, 06:15 AM   #176
Elder

I'm now in Concord NH untill Thurs. Visiting my sister on vacation before SOC. State of Nine is Hosting my 9000 at SOC this year yay.
for your repair needs
Old 08-19-2008, 06:15 PM   #177
TSLMember

Since there seems to be so many questions re Day passes.. This from the President on that other board

A Day Pass will allow the bearer to: view all car displays and the Saab Heritage Collection, shop at the Saab Parts Hangar and all vendors; and, use the Dyno after paying the $75.00 fee. Use of the Dyno by someone with a Day Pass does not qualify for the Saab Dyno Challenge. A Day Pass user can enter into the Poker Run and Saab Test Drives.

A Day Pass DOES NOT provide any meals including lunches, Welcome Dinner or the Convention Banquet that includes the Awards Ceremonies. Access to seminars, tech sessions or roundtables is also NOT included. Participation in the Concours, Peoples’ Choice (including the Crisman Award) or Saab Dyno Challenge is NOT included.
1994 900 CE vert #391
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in