Show me what I'm missing at SOC... - Page 13 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Welcome to The Saab Link > Events > Saab Owner's Convention (SOC)

Saab Owner's Convention (SOC) As requested, a dedicated forum for SOC related threads.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2007, 06:54 AM   #241
Elder
 
NahumCC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 9,197
Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Maybe folks would recognize those as driving shoes if you actually drove the car.

PS Bald is cool. Way cool.
You..............
Hey Jameson drives his car lol. I know because I was fixing it. Free repairs to make myself a customer base when I open shop and begin charging 60 an hour .



__________________
2013 FR-S

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
NahumCC is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-28-2007, 07:01 AM   #242
Elder
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 4,418
Was the guy with the aggressive tune there? I think he has a black 9-5.
Topher is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2007, 07:15 AM   #243
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL
 
Azrael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 1,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher View Post
Was the guy with the aggressive tune there? I think he has a black 9-5.
The one with the top mount GT30 that was boosting 30+ psi?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirsch
If you grab a tiger by its tail, you better be prepared to deal with the fucking fangs on the other end.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Azrael is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2007, 07:49 AM   #244
Moderator
Elder
 
Tweek's Turbos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 10,303
Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
Speaking of top mounts and silly boost, any 9-2xers come out?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delorean
- pretend you are watering delicate plants...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Tweek's Turbos is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2007, 07:57 AM   #245
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder
 
Palmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cheese Country
Posts: 15,679
Send a message via AIM to Palmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweek's Turbos View Post
Speaking of top mounts and silly boost, any 9-2xers come out?


I saw 1 9-2x, and one WRX with, oddly enough, a sticker my friend made on it.
__________________
S55/LC100/KL
Palmer is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2007, 07:59 AM   #246
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL
 
Azrael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 1,543
I know at least one of them was out there walking around. I know he talked to a few people, but couldn't say if it was anyone from here. The conversation he mentioned was about the hypocrisy of everyone's good friend, Scott.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirsch
If you grab a tiger by its tail, you better be prepared to deal with the fucking fangs on the other end.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Azrael is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2007, 08:47 AM   #247
Elder
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: MI
Posts: 10,071
Send a message via AIM to Jameson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Maybe folks would recognize those as driving shoes if you actually drove the car.

PS Bald is cool. Way cool.
You..............
Hehe, I think 34k miles in 18 months counts as driving. I know you meant driving by insisting I would have done the track day. But 2 cars had incidents, one small being a blown strut, the other wrecked. So I am glad that the car I used to move out of my apartment with wasn't chanced on the track. It just wasn't worth tempting fate.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jameson is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2007, 08:48 AM   #248
Elder
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: MI
Posts: 10,071
Send a message via AIM to Jameson
Quote:
Originally Posted by NahumCC View Post
Hey Jameson drives his car lol. I know because I was fixing it. Free repairs to make myself a customer base when I open shop and begin charging 60 an hour .
Free....but I did give you a nice powered PC sub/surround stereo for the help.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jameson is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2007, 08:50 AM   #249
JK
Elder
 
JK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Land of 10,000 L-holes
Posts: 13,686
Those of you who did not attend missed my Q&A session.

Shame.









You also missed the worlds coolest Beretta



__________________
always a SAAB guy at heart
JK is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2007, 08:56 AM   #250
Elder
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: MI
Posts: 10,071
Send a message via AIM to Jameson
^^^ I think Quattro has a funny picture of me next to the Beretta.


I like this pic SilverAeroguy took.

"detailing is serious business"
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jameson is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2007, 09:17 AM   #251
Elder
 
PaulH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Reading, PA
Posts: 5,805
Send a message via AIM to PaulH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson View Post
^^^ I think Quattro has a funny picture of me next to the Beretta.


I like this pic SilverAeroguy took.

"detailing is serious business"
Jameson waxing is no joke! Jameson has the best wax on the net!

Paul
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PaulH is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2007, 09:43 AM   #252
Moderator
Elder
 
Tweek's Turbos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 10,303
Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
For some reason those last 2 pics melded together in my mind as Jameson autographing the GM car.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delorean
- pretend you are watering delicate plants...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Tweek's Turbos is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2007, 09:59 AM   #253
TSLMember
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverAeroGuy View Post
Well I guess that explains why...unless DougM (who counted most of the votes) snuck me in.
It wasn't easy to figure out who was who when tabulating votes. Maybe that's why they had the 6 digit numbers this year? It sure was a PITA trying to keep numbers straight. People's choice is nothing more than a popularity contest. The more people you talk to and let them know what car is your(and what you have done to it), the more votes you'll get. I always vote for cars I know the owners of.
dougsaab is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2007, 10:27 AM   #254
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL
 
Bullseye's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Currently in the bunker
Posts: 1,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougsaab View Post
It wasn't easy to figure out who was who when tabulating votes. Maybe that's why they had the 6 digit numbers this year? It sure was a PITA trying to keep numbers straight. People's choice is nothing more than a popularity contest. The more people you talk to and let them know what car is your(and what you have done to it), the more votes you'll get. I always vote for cars I know the owners of.

Ah yes. That is the key.
I may have spent a long time out in the parking lot looking like I was detailing, but I was kissing babies and sucking up to voters as they walked by.
Just imagine what would have happened if I actually waxed the car.
Bullseye is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2007, 10:36 AM   #255
Elder
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: MI
Posts: 10,071
Send a message via AIM to Jameson
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulH View Post
Jameson waxing is no joke! Jameson has the best wax on the net!

Paul
I should have been holding a bottle of Mother's instead(red bottle...get it? :P).
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jameson is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2007, 10:46 AM   #256
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL
 
Bullseye's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Currently in the bunker
Posts: 1,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson View Post
Hehe, I think 34k miles in 18 months counts as driving. I know you meant driving by insisting I would have done the track day. But 2 cars had incidents, one small being a blown strut, the other wrecked. So I am glad that the car I used to move out of my apartment with wasn't chanced on the track. It just wasn't worth tempting fate.
True. If you do a track event, (kinda quoting Ed Smith) you should be prepared to tow it home.

I was more worried about the chance of hail on Friday night than the possibility of an "incident" at the track.
Bullseye is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2007, 11:00 AM   #257
Elder
 
NahumCC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 9,197
Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson View Post
Free....but I did give you a nice powered PC sub/surround stereo for the help.
It was completely free. You happend to offer me the system which I gladly accepted.



__________________
2013 FR-S

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
NahumCC is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2007, 11:40 AM   #258
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder
 
Palmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cheese Country
Posts: 15,679
Send a message via AIM to Palmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
True. If you do a track event, (kinda quoting Ed Smith) you should be prepared to tow it home.

I was more worried about the chance of hail on Friday night than the possibility of an "incident" at the track.

I had the comfortor by the door, ready to be thrown over the car in case of hail.
__________________
S55/LC100/KL
Palmer is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2007, 03:05 PM   #259
Elder
 
spgproject's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: harrisburg, PA
Posts: 3,388
Send a message via AIM to spgproject
here's a few of my pics:












driving jeff's car:


aero rear seats ftw


what every hotel lobby should look like:


this was for sale right next to my hotel:


goin through the pa turnpike tunnels on the way there:





more to come.




and pissbucket ftw.


jessop - was your speach as good as jak's seminar?
__________________
"The car is the closest thing we will ever create to something that is alive"
-Sir William Lyons
spgproject is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2007, 09:19 PM   #260
JK
Elder
 
JK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Land of 10,000 L-holes
Posts: 13,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by spgproject View Post
jessop - was your speach as good as jak's seminar?
No, I was waaaaay too drunk to be standing.

I think I'm the first person to puke in the BFH :lendostar:
__________________
always a SAAB guy at heart
JK is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All content is copyright The Saab Link and it's original authors.


 

Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.