Show me what I'm missing at SOC... - Page 12 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Welcome to The Saab Link > Events > Saab Owner's Convention (SOC)

Saab Owner's Convention (SOC) As requested, a dedicated forum for SOC related threads.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2007, 02:17 AM   #221
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Many of the older folks were great there. I spent quite a bit of time hanging out with Tom and Mike from TSN and there an interesting bunch. Tom let me clear corner his viggen after seeing my car on the first day which did lots to make it flow smother on his silver convertible.

Mike, former owner of the "meatball" (a tuned 900s n/a 2.3) was a great guy. He has lots of motorsport history and a former world record to his name with his days from Ford. He even had with him some of the 3.8 bar FPR he had made up when he was tuning his n/a 900s. I'm going to be looking into one of those for my project since its going to be a slightly higher output than a stage 4 nordic by having a switchable MBC running with the BPC. Going to make sure that the proper fueling is programmed in to match whatever extra boost I run and I fell the 3.8 bar will help with that as well.

x2 on the folks commenting about saablink. I think what had to do with most of that was the number of us wearing our shirts throughout the weekend and that a fair number of us from the board took our share of the awards across multiple categories.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2007, 02:19 AM   #222
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Yeah I saw that in your album. I did have a good laugh when I saw it before yelling at you about it right before I started drinking. Had I been drunk at that point I don't know what I would have done lol.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-28-2007, 02:54 AM   #223
Elder

Was Scott there?

Old 08-28-2007, 03:03 AM   #224
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher View Post

Old 08-28-2007, 03:48 AM   #225
Elder

Quote:
Was Scott there?
There were no whispers of his name so I don't think so.

Old 08-28-2007, 03:51 AM   #226
TSLMember

Great meeting everyone!

I think that the TSL has quite an exceptional group of very cool and very, very funny individuals. Thanks to everyone here for keeping things fun and exciting!

The one thing that had me laughing (and scratching my head) all weekend is how everyone kept calling me Eric!(?) I must either look a lot like ERP or the Sensonic does.
Anyway, it was truly great meeting and hanging out with all of you guys! Hope to see you guys next year in Boston.

-Terry
Old 08-28-2007, 04:03 AM   #227
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverHoran View Post
I think that the TSL has quite an exceptional group of very cool and very, very funny individuals. Thanks to everyone here for keeping things fun and exciting!

The one thing that had me laughing (and scratching my head) all weekend is how everyone kept calling me Eric!(?) I must either look a lot like ERP or the Sensonic does.
Anyway, it was truly great meeting and hanging out with all of you guys! Hope to see you guys next year in Boston.

-Terry
Part of that was my fault lol. I saw the car from a few feet away and new it was a 900 done up in Viggen garb. It never occurred to me it could be the Sensonic car. So when Amish needed the downpipe I told him go see ERP lol.

Old 08-28-2007, 04:10 AM   #228
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverHoran View Post

-Terry
...boston?? you know something we dont know?

Old 08-28-2007, 04:13 AM   #229
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabkid37 View Post
...boston?? you know something we dont know?
It was announced at the awards banquet, SOC 08 in Mass.

Old 08-28-2007, 04:16 AM   #230
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
It was also anounced in this thread but with less fanfare, half a thread back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Old 08-28-2007, 04:17 AM   #231
Trollerator
Elder

MA! heck yes!

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan

Last edited by abdukted1456; 08-28-2007 at 04:24 AM.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:18 AM   #232
Elder

nice!

Old 08-28-2007, 04:30 AM   #233
Flirting With TSL Addiction

SOC in MA FTMFW!!!

Devens has a good autocross course (done it a few times; check the Automotion website for pics), so hopefully more people will race.

In fact, it will be the perfect place to romp on a new AWD 9-3 if they are out by then.

The saab scene in the US started here, so the attendance numbers should be better... not that I can talk; I flaked on SOC this year too.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:39 AM   #234
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenavery7 View Post
SOC in MA FTMFW!!!

Devens has a good autocross course (done it a few times; check the Automotion website for pics), so hopefully more people will race.

In fact, it will be the perfect place to romp on a new AWD 9-3 if they are out by then.

The saab scene in the US started here, so the attendance numbers should be better... not that I can talk; I flaked on SOC this year too.
Is there actually a track there or just autoX? There are talks of getting a track day setup for all the SOC's since it was a pretty big hit. Would be nice if the people with these tuned cars on here would actually go race them - because that's why you make them go fast, right?

Props to GM, Bullseye and myself for actually racing!

Old 08-28-2007, 04:43 AM   #235
TSLMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson View Post
Part of that was my fault lol. I saw the car from a few feet away and new it was a 900 done up in Viggen garb. It never occurred to me it could be the Sensonic car. So when Amish needed the downpipe I told him go see ERP lol.

Dude, no worries! It was great meeting you as well. Nice Viggen you have there, and thanks for sending Amish to me! (eh....do I need to pay you a commission?)
Old 08-28-2007, 05:52 AM   #236
SAAB Road Master

I think I voted for a link car for every category.
I still don't know why my aeroSC won the 9-3 People's.
I didn't shine it up that nice did I? Damn rock chips.
I was completely taken aback by that award.
I'm not sure where I fit in??? younger or older groups. I think there should be a middle group too.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:54 AM   #237
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3MaSaab View Post
I think I voted for a link car for every category.
I still don't know why my aeroSC won the 9-3 People's.
I didn't shine it up that nice did I? Damn rock chips.
I was completely taken aback by that award.
I'm not sure where I fit in??? younger or older groups. I think there should be a middle group too.
Was yours the blue 2.8 9-3sc that did doughnuts that night........if so I voted because of the blue. The one I wanted to vote for had the ICE lights pre market pull but wasn't registered for people's choice.

Old 08-28-2007, 05:59 AM   #238
SAAB Road Master

No Donuts sorry!
I did talk with you about the clear lights.
Next combi maybe. This one is returning to SAAB in March.
Maybe I can see what the CSE will look like with them.
I was parked near John's Black 9-5 wagon. Right next to the Anniv. SC.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:06 AM   #239
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson View Post
Fail.

Bald and blind.

Those are Piloti driving shoes.....not high tops. And aren't jorts jean shorts?.....I am wearing blue shorts, not jeans. Keep trying.
Maybe folks would recognize those as driving shoes if you actually drove the car.

PS Bald is cool. Way cool.
You..............
Old 08-28-2007, 06:27 AM   #240
Elder

Wait SOC in MA for 08?!?!?!!?!?!? w000t w000t
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in