Day Pass: Official Post - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Welcome to The Saab Link > Events > Saab Owner's Convention (SOC)

Saab Owner's Convention (SOC) As requested, a dedicated forum for SOC related threads.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2007, 12:45 PM   #1
SAABeginner

Day Pass: Official Post

Day passes are available for the 2007 SOC

Day passes are $25 for Saab Club of North America (SCNA) or Great Lakes Saab
Club (GLSC) members.

Day passes are $25 for guests of SCNA or GLSC members.

With a day pass you CAN:
Shop the parts tent.
Attend Seminars
Dyno ($75/half hour)
Buy SOC Promo Gear
Walk around and look at Saabs

With a day pass you CANNOT:
Attend any meals (includes Sponsor Dinner)
Enter the People's Choice
Enter the Concours d' SAAB

Hope that helps
Calye, (Cal-Eeeeee)
Secretary, Great Lakes Saab Club
Committee, 2007 Saab Owners Convention

Truth, Justice and...oh just make up whatever you're most comfortable believing.

Need SOC news:
http://www.saabconvention.org
http://www.saabclub.com
http://www.saabusa.com
Troy Hilton: http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/groups/p...cn/index.jhtml
Registration NOW OPEN!!: http://soc2007.eventbrite.com/
SOC iMix: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...x?id=251539649
Cafe Press: http://www.cafepress.com/soc2007
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2007, 02:56 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to PaulH
and non members? can we join when we get the day pass? i know at SOC 05 this was the case, you had to be a member, so it was just added to the cost, though in that case i didnt receive any of the benefits of being an SCNA member, but thats another story entirely...

Paul

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-15-2007, 03:09 PM   #3
Elder

Looks like it is $40 to join SCNA

http://www.saabclub.com/membership.html

Old 08-15-2007, 03:11 PM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher View Post
Looks like it is $40 to join SCNA

http://www.saabclub.com/membership.html
The 10% off for club members on parts and labor at my dealership has paid for itself 10x over compared to the $40 fee.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:53 PM   #5
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson View Post
The 10% off for club members on parts and labor at my dealership has paid for itself 10x over compared to the $40 fee.
Quite a few folks re up their CPSC membership right at inspection time for that reason. A bunch of shops and dealers give 10-15 percent off to CPSC members. For those of us that do our own wrenching, the stealerships give 15% off parts. There's even a local restaurant that gives 15% off your food.
Not a bad deal for 20 bucks.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:37 PM   #6
Elder

Send a message via AIM to JLausch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Quite a few folks re up their CPSC membership right at inspection time for that reason. A bunch of shops and dealers give 10-15 percent off to CPSC members. For those of us that do our own wrenching, the stealerships give 15% off parts. There's even a local restaurant that gives 15% off your food.
Not a bad deal for 20 bucks.
Yeah for what i save a year in parts and labor its pretty much pays for my membership and all of my meals/beer @ the monthly meetings..... gotta love it.

Also, i kinda wish i had just done the day pass deal now rather than register.... didn't know they would be quite this cheap.
'01 Viggen (sold)
Old 08-16-2007, 09:21 AM   #7
SAABeginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulH View Post
and non members? can we join when we get the day pass? i know at SOC 05 this was the case, you had to be a member, so it was just added to the cost, though in that case i didnt receive any of the benefits of being an SCNA member, but thats another story entirely...

Paul
Yes. There will be someone from the SCNA at the registration desk handling new/renew SCNA memberships.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:12 AM   #8
dip
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via Skype™ to dip
The SCNA membership issue is confusing and disappointing. Nowhere on the eventbrite page it said that you needed to be a member to attend. Imagine paying $600 for the ticket, track day and accommodation, only to be notified that you need to be a member or a "bona fide" guest of an existing member to attend, as Ian puts it in his email.

No offense to the organizers, but saying "you can just purchase your membership at the registration desk" sounds like a cheap trick to wrestle more people into buying the membership. Coming from another country, I see no value in the US club membership, and even if I lived in the US, the benefits would still be questionable (but that's a different discussion). Heck, for the money charged they could give away free limited memberships (no NINES, no perks, etc). Granted, I can find someone to pose as a guest of, but why introduce such a hassle in the first place?
Old 08-16-2007, 12:14 PM   #9
Elder

Send a message via AIM to amish_geek Send a message via MSN to amish_geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by dip View Post
The SCNA membership issue is confusing and disappointing. Nowhere on the eventbrite page it said that you needed to be a member to attend. Imagine paying $600 for the ticket, track day and accommodation, only to be notified that you need to be a member or a "bona fide" guest of an existing member to attend, as Ian puts it in his email.

No offense to the organizers, but saying "you can just purchase your membership at the registration desk" sounds like a cheap trick to wrestle more people into buying the membership. Coming from another country, I see no value in the US club membership, and even if I lived in the US, the benefits would still be questionable (but that's a different discussion). Heck, for the money charged they could give away free limited memberships (no NINES, no perks, etc). Granted, I can find someone to pose as a guest of, but why introduce such a hassle in the first place?
INSURANCE LIABILITY

Sadly, that is the poor state our country is in at this time.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:18 PM   #10
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
My question would be though as to precent. Did any other SOC events require it to be this way. If not what makes this any different. Dip I'd love to see that question of yours posted on TSN since when you pay for SCNA membership your redirected to a page on TSN.

I think it'd be funny to see how long the post stayed up and time to banning.

Old 08-16-2007, 12:50 PM   #11
dip

posted ;]

Amish, I know about the liability. They likely got a lower premium this way (I know our local club does), but why make it such a bloody pain for the participants? How many people attending are actually members?

Last edited by dip; 08-16-2007 at 12:56 PM.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:52 PM   #12
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
ROFFL. I can't wait to see what happens with this. Please post if you do get banned. As that will confirm for certain that moderation there is if I don't like the topic even if it isn't bad gets deleted and poster banned.

Old 08-16-2007, 01:01 PM   #13
Elder

Damn it, can't view it at work, they banned my IP.

Old 08-16-2007, 01:02 PM   #14
Elder

Nothing has changed there yet topher.

Old 08-16-2007, 01:06 PM   #15
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to Palmer
Work is my "safe" TSN zone.

My whole neighborhood is banned.

Nice work Dip.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:16 PM   #16
Elder

Palmer how did you get your entire neighborhood banned lol. There better be a good story to that.

Old 08-16-2007, 01:39 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by NahumCC View Post
My question would be though as to precent. Did any other SOC events require it to be this way. If not what makes this any different. Dip I'd love to see that question of yours posted on TSN since when you pay for SCNA membership your redirected to a page on TSN.

I think it'd be funny to see how long the post stayed up and time to banning.
When we (CPSC, the guys that bring you Carlisle) ran the convention in 03 the insurance requirement was SCNA member or affiliated club.
Blame our litigious society, the lawyers and insurance agents for this one. Not the convention organizers.

Every other convention I have attended, you had to be a member of the organization or guest of a member to attend.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:05 PM   #18
dip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
CPSC, the guys that bring you Carlisle
That was my question. How does Carlisle do it? I bet their attendance numbers are higher than those of the Saab convention. And do you, as CPSC, have to provide your own insurance when you set up the Saab tent there?
Old 08-16-2007, 02:25 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dip View Post
That was my question. How does Carlisle do it? I bet their attendance numbers are higher than those of the Saab convention. And do you, as CPSC, have to provide your own insurance when you set up the Saab tent there?

I believe all that good legal stuff is Carlisle's problem. Not ours.

PS look for some changes (good stuff) for next years Carlisle.
You definitely can't beat it for the price.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:26 PM   #20
Elder

So for Carlisle as long as your a SCNA member at least it covers your insurance requirement? Might go next year if school doesn't conflict.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in