SOC day passes - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Welcome to The Saab Link > Events > Saab Owner's Convention (SOC)

Saab Owner's Convention (SOC) As requested, a dedicated forum for SOC related threads.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2007, 08:00 AM   #1
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

SOC day passes

Well I finally got a response about day pass prices from Jim Laman, SOC Chairman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboy

Jim,

In past years there has been day registration for local people who would only be attnding friday and saturday. Will a day registration be made available this year for Troy MI?

Can you please let me know who I should contact or how I would register? Thank you!

His response:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Laman

Troy,

Sorry to take so long to get back... lots going on lately! The day passes will be available, and you just "walk in" for that. Likely about $40/day for those, not including meals or Saturday banquet of course. Meals are available nearby quite easily, but no fast food. You probably know the area better than I actually, but I kind of like Red Robin, and its right across the street, literally.

So there is no pre-reg for day passes, to answer your question, you just show up. The downside is you don't get all the perks of a fully registered attendee, but you do get to see the same things. Concours participation, meals, banquets and such require the full reg, as found on the website. If there is anything else I can answer, just let me know.

Hope to see you! BTW... are you with CAS? We are looking forward to seeing that again... fascinating place!
So my question was concours participation...... I can't compete right? I don't care about getting any reward, but I would like to have my saab lined up in the ranks.

Tboy
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2007, 08:09 AM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboy View Post
Well I finally got a response about day pass prices from Jim Laman, SOC Chairman

His response:

So my question was concours participation...... I can't compete right? I don't care about getting any reward, but I would like to have my saab lined up in the ranks.

Tboy
From my understanding, Concurs is for stock Saabs. I don't know if the rest of us showing for "People's choice" will be in the same area or not.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-23-2007, 08:15 AM   #3
Editor
Elder

That seems kind of pricey if you're just going to walk around outside and look at people's cars. However, I suppose I'll have to pay it. I wanna go at least one day.

Old 07-23-2007, 08:25 AM   #4
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Unkept View Post
That seems kind of pricey if you're just going to walk around outside and look at people's cars. However, I suppose I'll have to pay it. I wanna go at least one day.
We are charging people at the MN BBQ event

It's $20 bucks to hang out in the parking lot.

It's $30 if you want to hang out in the parking lot AND put your hands in your pockets.

It's $35 if you want to hang out in the parking lot, with your hands in your pockets AND look under the hood of a car and point at stuff.

We will be grilling hot dogs, you are welcome to all you can eat for $98. However, it is strongly encouraged for you to bring your own condiments and buns. And grill. But you don't get a plate (they are reserved for MN BBQ Pass holders)

Or you can buy an MN BBQ Pass for $130 that gets you ALL of that. A savings of $3 over the MN BBQ DAY Pass plus you are able to keep the Chinet plate.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:26 AM   #5
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to Palmer
Chinet.

LOL.

I'm still on the fence about the weekend pass/day pass..
Old 07-23-2007, 08:38 AM   #6
Elder

Send a message via AIM to amish_geek Send a message via MSN to amish_geek
I'll see and get what I get when I get there.... Most likely I'll do the daypass. I'm not going to win any awards with my car, and if people want to drool/take pics of it, they can while it sits in the parking lot.

Heck, we can have our own "TSL Car Show" in the parking lot, perhaps Abdukted would throw in a free t-shirt award for the "peoples choice".

Day passes will get me to the parts tent.
Day passes will get me to the speakers/unveiling of the new 9-3.

I'm mostly going to SOC to meet other people, and look at cars. I dont want to really register my own car to show.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:53 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher View Post
It's $20 bucks to hang out in the parking lot.

It's $30 if you want to hang out in the parking lot AND put your hands in your pockets.

It's $35 if you want to hang out in the parking lot, with your hands in your pockets AND look under the hood of a car and point at stuff.
Now that's good.

Maybe I'll go the full deal and get Mrs. Bullseye a day pass.
She could give 2 shnitz about the seminars and driving school.
I'm just bringing her along to carry my beer.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:00 PM   #8
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
I'm just bringing her along to carry my beer.
No need to reiterate. We know why men get married.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:12 PM   #9
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to Palmer
Quote:
x1019080924.42
Old 07-23-2007, 03:48 PM   #10

Quote:
I think I picked the right one.
Got home from work today and there were 2 cases of MGD (her beer) and 2 cases of Smithwicks in the fridge.
I've decided to keep her around for a few more weeks.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:51 PM   #11
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
I think I picked the right one.
Got home from work today and there were 2 cases of MGD (her beer) and 2 cases of Smithwicks in the fridge.
I've decided to keep her around for a few more weeks.
She drinks the diesel? Who has more hair on their chest?
Old 07-23-2007, 04:51 PM   #12

Quote:
She drinks the diesel? Who has more hair on their chest?
I think Miller Genuine Draft tastes like crap. Never heard it referred to as "The Diesel".
She likes Smitty's too, but it's big bucks.

I doubt she has more chest hair than me. Every time I go to the nude beach, they tell me I have to take my sweater off.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:25 PM   #13
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
For peoples choice you do have to be registered as well. There was another SOC thread where somebody that is part of the group running it answered that question when I asked.

Day passes just get you in (don't know about parts tent though)
Registration gets you in and so that your can A.) Show your stock car in the concourse or B.) Show your modified car in Peoples Choice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:27 PM   #14
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Quote:
Originally Posted by amish_geek View Post
I'll see and get what I get when I get there.... Most likely I'll do the daypass. I'm not going to win any awards with my car, and if people want to drool/take pics of it, they can while it sits in the parking lot.

Heck, we can have our own "TSL Car Show" in the parking lot, perhaps Abdukted would throw in a free t-shirt award for the "peoples choice".

Day passes will get me to the parts tent.
Day passes will get me to the speakers/unveiling of the new 9-3.

I'm mostly going to SOC to meet other people, and look at cars. I dont want to really register my own car to show.

I hadn't gotten a reply yet if the day pass gets you into the parts tent. However if it does and we the TSL crew want to do our own mini show I'm all for that as registration will kill me if I go ontop of my gas.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in