Mini-Meet in Chicago then to SOC '07 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Welcome to The Saab Link > Events > Saab Owner's Convention (SOC)

Saab Owner's Convention (SOC) As requested, a dedicated forum for SOC related threads.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2007, 10:07 PM   #1
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Mini-Meet in Chicago then to SOC '07

I came up with an idea for those living near Chicago or will be traveling past Chicago heading to SOC '07. There is an indoor go-kart track north of Chicago in Buffalo Grove. I race there regularly, and I think it would be a wicked idea for those interested for us all to meet there, race, and head to SOC as one big happy group.

I be forward, its not the cheapest thing, but I guarantee you that you will leave addicted regardless the price. If I can get a number of people I will call the place and see what kind of deal I can get.

This place is top of the line, and the gokarts are fast (200cc 4stroke engines with racing slicks). I'll be able to teach you all the course before hand if you desire so I dont embarass you all.

The places website is: http://www.chicagoindoorracing.com/

Let me start off the list of interest... Please follow along.

1.) Guteman
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)

Fill them up!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2007, 10:10 PM   #2
Flirting With TSL Addiction

1.) Guteman
2.) BSUarmy
3.)
4.)
5.)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 02-20-2007, 03:47 PM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Aero
I think getting ready for SOC and the drive there itself will be enough "stuff" for me that day. Why don't we do a Midwest meet this spring and then another one mid summer before SOC?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 02-20-2007, 04:44 PM   #4

Well the main problem with that is theres not many people who live near chicago to go just have a mini meet and they drive home. Theres people from iowa and minn who are heading to SOC they pass by Chicago along the way.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:22 PM   #5
GA
Elder

Send a message via Yahoo to GA
I think we discussed this in the MN/WI caravan thread. I don't think there's any time to do a mini-meet in Chicago on the way there - as it is we're planning to leave at 7 am, meet some people in Iowa City, leave IC at noon, through Chicago at 4, arrive SOC at 8.

IIRC there was talk about meeting up with anyone from Chicago area at a convenient rest stop/gas station/exit somewhere near where I-94 and I-80 intersect.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:31 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to HIDSPG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guteman View Post
Well the main problem with that is theres not many people who live near chicago to go just have a mini meet and they drive home. Theres people from iowa and minn who are heading to SOC they pass by Chicago along the way.
We already have had Midwest meets, 3 or 4 off the top of my head where 10 plus cars have shown up from all around. We will have something before SOC, Maybe closer to the MN guys seeing they came down here last time. Great idea! Just dont think its the right time.

Old 02-20-2007, 08:05 PM   #7
Elder

Send a message via AIM to amish_geek Send a message via MSN to amish_geek
For a good day of karting and other stuff for a good meet, I know I'd be willing to make the trek to Chicago for a weekend. And I'm pretty sure Palmer and a couple others from the MN area would be game as well.

This would be a good thing for the end of April/May
Old 02-20-2007, 08:19 PM   #8

is there going to be anytoher meetings for midwest people coming up sorry to not staying on topic
Old 02-21-2007, 08:25 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to HIDSPG
Yeah I was thinking sometime late May. Maybe we can do the carting then? Last time we met in Madison WI and cooked out and hung out. It was good time. Seems like a lone time ago.....PALMER still had the 9-3

Old 02-21-2007, 09:24 PM   #10

madison sounds like a good idea

maybe we all can go to chicago then back to madison for a cookout?
Old 02-21-2007, 09:42 PM   #11
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to Palmer
I'm in for whatever too.

I'll do madison again, or somewhere more middle. May is good..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in