The Saab Link Forums

The Saab Link Forums (https://www.saablink.net/forum/index.php)
-   Saab Link Site Issue Forum (https://www.saablink.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Any thoughts about mobile OS's? (https://www.saablink.net/forum/showthread.php?t=56447)

mr.jenkins 07-07-2011 12:49 PM

Any thoughts about mobile OS's?

I was wondering if there had been any thought about making Saablink accessible through an app like Tapatalk RO to interface nicer with iOS or Droid?

aireeca 07-07-2011 12:55 PM

I'm on a board that uses Tapatalk and it's incredible on the Droid. So easy to access and use. We tried to get it on here before the site was sold, no dice.

I think VS has their own version, though.

DrewP 07-07-2011 04:43 PM

Maybe I just have little fingers, but I don't really have any problems with viewing and basic posting with my Droid, sure formatting is a pain, but I don't expect it to be too easy when I'm trying to harness the tubes on a screen the size of my business cards.

aireeca 07-07-2011 05:37 PM

The Tapatalk interface is really very nice for those of us with fatter fingers. ;)

There was talk of getting something like this during VS' early ownership days, but it must be further down the list.

DrewP 07-07-2011 06:49 PM

You mean the users on this site aren't the untapped-bottomless-pocketed-eager-to-invest-but-hadn't-been-subjected-to-enough-web-ads-to-really-spend-their-greenbacks that the benevolent new overlords thought we were?

Shocking.

aireeca 07-07-2011 06:50 PM

I no. Somewhere in Toronto, they're scratching their heads and wondering how to get even more guests viewing the site.

AGadmin 07-11-2011 07:13 AM

We created our version with tapatalk. It is ad free and when there is an issue we can fix it ASAP. It had nothing to do with making a buck since we have to pay tapatalk for the rights to use it. It was so when there is an issue we can fix it right away instead of relying on an outside source. It is the Autoguide.com app and it is on all our forums, and available for iphone and droid.

codesplice 07-11-2011 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGadmin (Post 847277)
We created our version with tapatalk. It is ad free and when there is an issue we can fix it ASAP. It had nothing to do with making a buck since we have to pay tapatalk for the rights to use it. It was so when there is an issue we can fix it right away instead of relying on an outside source. It is the Autoguide.com app and it is on all our forums, and available for iphone and droid.

Is there any plan to get TSL included on that? I just downloaded the app to try it out and I saw SaabCentral but not our dear Saablink.

Refund!

AGadmin 07-11-2011 12:23 PM

on it, should be up by tomorrow.

codesplice 07-11-2011 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGadmin (Post 847350)
on it, should be up by tomorrow.

Thanks! From what I saw (really just the forum-selection screen) it looks like a nice app. Looking forward to being able to use it for the only car forum that really matters!

BTW, I was looking at the Android app.

codesplice 07-13-2011 05:58 AM

*bump* Don't see it yet.

The Undertaker 03-26-2013 12:03 AM

Is Saablink still accessable through TapaTalk?

I can't seem to find this great forum on it :-(

AGadmin 03-26-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Undertaker (Post 974570)
Is Saablink still accessable through TapaTalk?

I can't seem to find this great forum on it :-(

Hi there, this site can be found on the AutoGuide mobile app which is based on the Tapatalk platform. Please check it out whenever you get the chance :th_dblthumb2:

The Undertaker 03-27-2013 11:59 AM

Done, Now I can watch this forum everywhere :grin: