Lets make sure for Carlisle that we maintain our image. - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Welcome to The Saab Link > Saab Link Site Issue Forum

Saab Link Site Issue Forum Post any questions, concerns, and issues you are having with the site that need to be resolved.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2006, 07:42 AM   #1
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
Lets make sure for Carlisle that we maintain our image.

I just want to make sure that since Carlisle is a major public event, we maintain ourselves as an organized automotive club.

We must respect other peoples property and remember we will be wearing our websites info on our back for a majority of the time.

We will not be the only Saab group there, and I want to make sure we don't ruin it for the other owners. Things got out of hand at the import tunner shows and they moved the venue and had a strong police presence. I almost wonder if the extra police involvement from this past weekend in New Hampshire means they know where we plan on going, and when we plan on getting places.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2006, 07:45 AM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to CooperS7777
Bill said prior to us leaving/arriving in his neck of the woods that(and I had an idea from past experiences down there) that general area is ALWAYS covered with police - I wouldnt go so far as to call it a coincidence that we always managed to find the law, but when you have half a dozen loud Saabs in a generally quite/always heavily patroled area, its going to attract attention.

Just my two cents.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SQR Performance, Saab Repair & Service

Quote:
Fuck the afterlife, its Miller time.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 05-01-2006, 08:05 AM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to guru
Agreed. I won't be there, but I really think we are getting too bold with the driving, the drinking, and everything else we do. There's nothing wrong with having fun, but I know some of us are still "feeling it" from NH, and some of us will be paying for some things that happened for quite some time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-01-2006, 09:03 AM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stromer
I completely agree. Regardless of who is at fault, when there are that many of us together, we just attrack exponential amounts of attention.

Case in point: Driving to the Mar 25th show, we had a caravan of 4 saabs through southern Maine. We were going about 85 the whole way, with me in front. We were not swerving or anything. This is how I drive that road to and from school, when its just me. Now, my friend's father is the head of state police for the maine turnpike. He called us and said that he got 6 calls from motorists and passing officers about "4 Saabs driving dangerously."

I have no problem throttling back a bit. Especially for the greater good of the Saab community image. I can't think of a better reason to take control.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:09 AM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to WyldSaabMan
Another thing about throttling back, The way home was pretty slow for Me Paul Jeff and Jeff, becasue of Jeff's blown trans he could only go in 3rd gear at about 55-60mph, The 9-3 was getting 33mpg. Once we hit a place that Jeff knew had to get back from me and paul starting goign a little faster, just crusing with traffic anywhere between 70-80. I averaged 30mpg the whole trip back. That is a record for me. So another good reason to throttle back is the gas savings, expecially with the prices climbing like they are.

And I think I had a enough close calls friday night for a little while.
04 Yamaha YZF600R
00 Polaris XC700
99 Saab 9-3-RIP
98 900s N/A-RIP
Old 05-01-2006, 09:27 AM   #6
Elder

I'm glad everyone understands, we all need to be very respectfull during the event to other people and cars. I have invited many diff owners groups to visit us,

But most importantly I want to be sure nothing is done that will put somebody elses property in jeopordy. Something happend in New Hampshire and it has effected the whole site. Many of us spend alot of money and countless hours into our cars. I really is horrible that something negative can come up when we all meet up for a good time.

We come from all different walks of life, to some of us, going to the dealership or store, and just buying something new to replace something is super easy. Then thier are those of us who spend countless hours trying to source good parts for our cars at affordable rates, it is really dissapointing that anything would be done that damages another members property.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:31 AM   #7
Elder

Oh....so that's what you're trying to say..... you could have just said it. I was talking about driving, specifically.

alchohol and campfires and cars parked very close. And we're all SHOCKED that something bad happened....
Old 05-01-2006, 09:35 AM   #8
Elder

Send a message via AIM to CooperS7777
Quote:
Originally Posted by stromer
alchohol and campfires and cars parked very close. And we're all SHOCKED that something bad happened....
I agree with Seth there...it is a shame that anyones property was damaged, but on the other hand, put 20 drunk Saab enthusiasts around a campfire with various combustable things and shit is bound to explode - while the explosion was intentional, the affter effects certainly were not and were surly not in the minds of those still awake at the time.

SQR Performance, Saab Repair & Service

Quote:
Fuck the afterlife, its Miller time.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:37 AM   #9
Elder

I'm just trying to make sure nothing that shouldn't be burned is burned, eaten is eaten, said is said. Just so we all know.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:39 AM   #10
Elder

Got it.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:42 AM   #11
Elder

Send a message via AIM to griffen nut
Who's car got hurt?
Old 05-01-2006, 09:45 AM   #12
Elder

I thought we settled this, or atleast talked it out and cleared it up and what was done was done, does it really need to be brought up on the board? I agree that we all must respect others property, but we also can not fix whats in the past, so we must learn from it.
04 Yamaha YZF600R
00 Polaris XC700
99 Saab 9-3-RIP
98 900s N/A-RIP
Old 05-01-2006, 09:49 AM   #13
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldSaabMan
I thought we settled this, or atleast talked it out and cleared it up and what was done was done, does it really need to be brought up on the board? I agree that we all must respect others property, but we also can not fix whats in the past, so we must learn from it.
Haha ok, agreed. But I did not even know about it until someone else brought it up. Sorry if it's a touchy subject...
Old 05-01-2006, 09:50 AM   #14
Elder

Lets just take this thread as a reminder for our upcoming events, this isn't specifically about the past, just what we need to do in the future.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:53 AM   #15
Elder

I think what Josh was trying to say, and what I mean to say is that we all likely did learn, and having a thread like this doesn't seem to serve much purpose other than to bring it back up for the people who do not understand the vaguness. Just saying, I'm trying to be helpful, but without all the info there it is hard to make your point.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:54 AM   #16
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweek's Turbos
Lets just take this thread as a reminder for our upcoming events, this isn't specifically about the past, just what we need to do in the future.
well said! Sometimes we all just need a reminder (cause sometimes we are all little kids) that we need to respect eachother and eachothers property. We are a pretty tight nit group and thats what I love about our community. I mean I can come on the forums and have a conversation with people I dont even know in person, meet them in person and feel like I have known tham for a long time. Its great. I have met a lot of really cool and fun people here. So lets continue to have some fun times!
04 Yamaha YZF600R
00 Polaris XC700
99 Saab 9-3-RIP
98 900s N/A-RIP
Old 05-01-2006, 09:55 AM   #17
Elder

Ok, I don't need to know, I was just wondering. I'll just take the thread for what it's worth then.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:57 AM   #18
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldSaabMan
I have met a lot of really cool and fun people here. So lets continue to have some fun times!
true dat.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:01 AM   #19
Trollerator
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromer

maybe i am misunderstanding your point. but the fire got moved. nobodt parked near it. it was orignally on the other side of the yard.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 05-01-2006, 10:02 AM   #20
Elder

Ah, that is true.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in