Could we put a cap on bumping threads? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Welcome to The Saab Link > Saab Link Site Issue Forum

Saab Link Site Issue Forum Post any questions, concerns, and issues you are having with the site that need to be resolved.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: limit for sale bumps
Yes I want a limit on bumps 12 57.14%
I don't care if there is a limit 9 42.86%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2013, 04:59 PM   #1
Elder

Send a message via AIM to VWSAABVT
Could we put a cap on bumping threads?

Most forums have a 3 day requirement for bumping you own thread. Could we get a limit so we don't have people bumping their threads every 2 hours?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
stg 5 99 9-3 coupe
96 900se sold
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2013, 05:09 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Cark
but d00d I know where there is a sweet viggen bumper for sale! lol
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-13-2013, 05:46 AM   #3

Just to clarify: Most folks will bump someone else's FS thread out of courtesy with a simple comment ("Nice xxx! GLWTS"), and it's OK to bump once a day, especially if you're adding more info or changing the price, but it's the relentless self-bumping two and three times a day that gets irritating

Old 09-13-2013, 06:22 AM   #4
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

The only bumps I hate, are when someone brings up a 5 year old thread, or if someone bumps their own FS thread every second.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:52 AM   #5
Elder

i'm good with a limit on bumps from someone that already posted on that specific thread. even if they have more/new info.

i say limit to once every other day if you have already posted in that for sale thread. i assume this wont be logistically easy on the back end but makes the most sense. that way the same people arent constantly bumping the thread and if a new person sees it and likes it they can bump it for that person as a courtesy but with the same limitation.
Old 12-28-2013, 08:47 AM   #6
Avid TSL User

why do you care what others do? every forum i know is 2-3 hours for bumps
Old 12-28-2013, 10:17 AM   #7
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to Palmer
Cause it's fuckin annoying.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:11 PM   #8
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
Cause it's fuckin annoying.
So use that ban hammer

Last edited by Saab95Aero; 12-29-2013 at 10:46 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:13 AM   #9
Elder

Yeah sweet, more rules and bureaucracy and intervention to make site run more smoothly, that'll work great.

Setting some arbitrary limit on bumps would catch more people having legitimate conversation than it would stop abusers. And then Mods will have to answer a bunch of "Hey I'm just trying to have conversation XYZ but I keep getting blocked" emails/complaints, rather than just stop some random Bumpster once in awhile.

I say leave it alone. Or better yet, just get Soup Nazi Scott from over at Saabnet to rewrite the code with some more asinine rules in it lol.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:28 AM   #10

I agree for the most part. The random bumps from other members are OK. The bumps from adding new info are ok. Both of those might be affected by an arbitrary rule.

But the hourly self-bumping is ridiculous. I think rather than institute a set rule, let the forum self-police by making it open season for pooping in a thread. A daily self bump? No problem. A couple of times a day of "ttt" or "bump"? Then it's on.

The person will quickly regret the decision, a la the skanky Volvo that the kid from Connecticut was trying to unload.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:03 AM   #11
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to Palmer
Yeah, once a day is just fine, and I'm all for self-policing it. Go nuts.

Use the "report post" button if it gets crazy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in