Saab Motorsports forum - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Welcome to The Saab Link > Saab Link Site Issue Forum

Saab Link Site Issue Forum Post any questions, concerns, and issues you are having with the site that need to be resolved.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2010, 04:05 AM   #1
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to spgeebee88
Saab Motorsports forum

i was just thinking it would be cool to have a Saab motorsports subforum. a place were no matter what yr/model, it would be relevant there. Thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2010, 07:37 AM   #2
TSLMember

+2..
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-13-2010, 08:31 AM   #3
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to Patton Send a message via MSN to Patton Send a message via Yahoo to Patton
Love to see it.

Old 10-13-2010, 08:52 AM   #4
Elder

This to me seems un-needed since each Saab section has a performance section. Only way I could see this working is if we dropped all of those and made one cluster section - which in turn would make searching a PITA. Better suggestion - start a Saab Motorsport Club and get enough members for a Club section
for your repair needs
Old 10-13-2010, 08:56 AM   #5
Elder

Not enough people doing motorsports with Saab's to make it worthwhile.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:56 AM   #6
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Performance and motorsports are two very different things.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:57 AM   #7
Elder

True.. but one must mod/performance before they Motorsport... lol And there is an event section - it's all covered lol
for your repair needs
Old 10-13-2010, 11:35 AM   #8

idk it was just a thought i guess
Old 10-13-2010, 01:25 PM   #9
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
It would be quite easy to make.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Old 10-14-2010, 05:04 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweek's Turbos View Post
It would be quite easy to make.
i guess if it's easy to make, i just would thing a place to post results and Motorsport info and pictures, like Nick's drag car, and all the rest of us that rally and autox
Old 10-25-2010, 06:13 AM   #11
SAABeginner

You could check out SAABrally.com

The site is mostly 99/C900 related stuff, but the principles apply to any platform really. Theres a good knowledge base from auto-X to -stage-rally and everything in between.

I heard the site owner is a real jerk, but other than that its a cool place....

We at SaabRally.com are a growing group of SAAB motorsports enthusiasts. We have developed this community in order to join those with the experience and knowledge with those who have a passion for SAABs and motorsports.

"Please join us for some "real" talk about making your SAAB its best in the real world of auto-cross, rally-cross, stage-rally, track events, and whatever else you can throw your SAAB at. We extend our site to anyone interested in what we love -- Making SAABs go fast! (and turn).
Old 10-25-2010, 06:17 AM   #12
Elder

Send a message via AIM to DeLorean
Yep, www.saabrally.com is the saab motorsports site to go to.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:19 AM   #13
Elder

hey Luke - you have any of those t-shirts or bumper stickers left? I keep wanting to buy at least 1 of each off you guys and either the site it "sold out" or I never see you to ask

Edit: Looks like the sawg is in stock - any deals/hook ups
for your repair needs
Old 10-25-2010, 01:39 PM   #14
SAABeginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnsSide42 View Post
hey Luke - you have any of those t-shirts or bumper stickers left? I keep wanting to buy at least 1 of each off you guys and either the site it "sold out" or I never see you to ask

Edit: Looks like the sawg is in stock - any deals/hook ups
No swag left if there was I would offer it up at a discount since its the end of the rally season. I'll probbaly do another shirt/sticker run next spring so I have stuff to sell at events etc.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:09 AM   #15
Elder

Good deal - let me know man, I'll support the team. I really want to make it out to some of the "local" Rally events too next season. I almost made it to the PA one, but wasn't aware of it soon enough to plan ahead.
for your repair needs
Old 10-26-2010, 12:59 PM   #16
SAAB Road Master

Quite frankly, sometimes more is not better. One of the reasons I do a quick scan of this site and they I'm gone is that there are too many forums items.

It seems like when the forum was designed someone tried to think of every possible topic for every variant and subspecies.

Honestly, it becomes an ergonomic visual jumble.

This is said with respect because I can't imagine how much work it takes to build and maintain a site. I looked forward to this site as being an alternative to "that other forum", but the organizational layout is far too extensive.

On occasion I have scanned some forum areas and there had been no activity in months. Perhaps, do an "audit" of activity and then trash it if it does not pan out. It's much easier on the eyes to scan a major forum for things that float your boat and open it or not. When you have to go in to each, it's not going to happen.

Last edited by TunnanXWD; 10-26-2010 at 01:05 PM.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:41 PM   #17
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Powar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunnanXWD View Post
Quite frankly, sometimes more is not better. One of the reasons I do a quick scan of this site and they I'm gone is that there are too many forums items.

It seems like when the forum was designed someone tried to think of every possible topic for every variant and subspecies.

Honestly, it becomes an ergonomic visual jumble.

This is said with respect because I can't imagine how much work it takes to build and maintain a site. I looked forward to this site as being an alternative to "that other forum", but the organizational layout is far too extensive.

On occasion I have scanned some forum areas and there had been no activity in months. Perhaps, do an "audit" of activity and then trash it if it does not pan out. It's much easier on the eyes to scan a major forum for things that float your boat and open it or not. When you have to go in to each, it's not going to happen.
Just use the 'New Posts' link and all is solved for you. I do that for every forum.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:42 PM   #18
SAAB Road Master

Certainly a good point, but I wonder why this site does not get the traffic?

Again, not tossing stones at all but just asking questions.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:48 PM   #19
Elder

Send a message via AIM to DeLorean
When this forum first came about in 2003, I always suggested de-cluttering the forum topics as I too thought there were too many and should be condensed. It never came to pass.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:02 PM   #20

I honestly don't think it's that much of a big deal. having things broken down into categories is necessary as it's much easier to find what you are looking for once you've grown accustomed to it. i think some of the lesser organized forums are cataloged too vaguely and tend to make my life more difficult but i guess it's "to each their own". We all have our opinion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in