Locker Room / OT - Page 3 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Welcome to The Saab Link > Saab Link Site Issue Forum

Saab Link Site Issue Forum Post any questions, concerns, and issues you are having with the site that need to be resolved.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2009, 08:04 PM   #41
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
No, not really a storage issue, as most of them are hosted elsewhere.

Have you ever been on a site with HUGE signatures? It's fucking terrible.
agreed if they're like 600 by 600 px, but i think the height limit could be increased... its somewhat limiting- but it doesn't bother me enough to actually complain about it.
maybe 110 X 500? or similar?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2009, 08:06 PM   #42
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to Palmer
Eh, doubtful.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:07 PM   #43
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Quote:
Eh, doubtful.
eh, not worried.
haha

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 01-16-2009, 09:36 AM   #44
Elder

Locker room sounds like a good idea to me--but make it free. It will (hopefully) clean up the Off Topic board. I really enjoy the banter, flaming, sarcasm that goes on here, but I can certainly understand that it offends many people. Create a Locker Room, or Rec Room, or Mosh Pit or whatever you want to call it, hang up a "put on your thick skin and check your humility at the door" sign on it and remove all the tripe that's posted in Off Topic.

My couple cents...

1993 900T Comm Ed #3
1993 900T Comm Ed #249
1994 900T Comm Ed #363
Old 01-17-2009, 07:35 PM   #45
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to Saabotaged900T
I like being able to access TSL on my phone since my laptop died and big sigs would wreak havoc on mobile access. Im banned from priuschat until 2021 so ill stay on here
Old 01-17-2009, 07:39 PM   #46

TIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whats up man? You should come to the Philly car show with Cole and I!!!

Old 01-17-2009, 07:50 PM   #47
Elder

yup. super hard to go into options and disable "display signatures"*
Old 01-17-2009, 09:03 PM   #48

Send a message via AIM to Saabotaged900T
Not a bad idea deek. Id be down for that.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:21 AM   #49
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
I don't like the idea, the aim of this website is to further Saabing, not further useless bullshit.

I would also like to add I may impliment some social reforms in the OT section on a 2 month trial basis.

On a diff note, I have pmed 420am in regards to setting up a MS T5 and T7 suite section for the site. Since most of those programs bridge 2 different car models. This is an example of something consctructive for the site, not destructive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations

Last edited by Tweek's Turbos; 01-18-2009 at 06:29 AM.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:16 AM   #50
Elder

Send a message via AIM to guru
I think you missed the point. Unless you ban everyone with a sense of humor, things are going to get out of hand now and then as it does with any group of people with a shared interest. Instead of having to ban people, relegate them to an area of the site that they paid for so they can get their yayas out without having to piss off the grownups.

Old 01-18-2009, 08:23 AM   #51
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Simply put, it's a car forum. If you want to fuck around, and be an asshat, head to an O/T specific forum.

The off-topic area here is just fine with me, as long as it does not take a personal turn, and that's just what happened last week. People seem to have issues realizing that.

There is no need to accommodate useless members, simply so they can get their "ya-yas" out.

I do want people to have fun on here, I really do. This is still the same site, with a few less people.

Not a big deal.

Last edited by Palmer; 01-18-2009 at 08:25 AM.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:26 AM   #52

Quote:
Simply put, it's a car forum. If you want to fuck around, and be an asshat, head to an O/T forum.
But sexual innuendo in a cat pic thread is OK now, even though others have been banned for that before?

Old 01-18-2009, 08:28 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweek's Turbos View Post
I don't like the idea, the aim of this website is to further Saabing, not further useless bullshit.

I would also like to add I may impliment some social reforms in the OT section on a 2 month trial basis.

On a diff note, I have pmed 420am in regards to setting up a MS T5 and T7 suite section for the site. Since most of those programs bridge 2 different car models. This is an example of something consctructive for the site, not destructive.
I'm out of touch with this, but ..................That last paragraph is a great idea.

1997 900SE Talladega (SQR stage 4)
2006 9-3SS Aero
Old 01-18-2009, 08:32 AM   #54
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
But sexual innuendo in a cat pic thread is OK now, even though others have been banned for that before?

Ha, I knew someone was going to say that.

You are a smart guy, figure out the difference between myself and the former member that posted comments about catfeet.

I'm so sick of this crap.

I will say it again, for the last time: If you don't like it, I invite you to leave.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:29 AM   #55
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by escalator guru View Post
I think you missed the point. Unless you ban everyone with a sense of humor, things are going to get out of hand now and then as it does with any group of people with a shared interest. Instead of having to ban people, relegate them to an area of the site that they paid for so they can get their yayas out without having to piss off the grownups.
Sense of humor is fine, but people need to know where it needs to end. And alot of people don't. We have an OT section that should be sufficient. I have a sense of humor, Look at my "Immo Award" comment in the carlisle thread. Taking that little joke, making a thread about it, making sigs about it, or taking it to 3 pages in an otherwise on topic thread. That is going to far.

If somebody needs to be "relegated to an area to not piss people off" They don't need to be here. End of story.
Quote:
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Old 01-18-2009, 10:27 AM   #56
Elder

Send a message via Yahoo to aireeca
Also, this is one of the funniest threads I've read in a long time:

https://www.saablink.net/forum/showthread.php?p=574698

Amazingly, it has nothing to do with whether a member can fit himself into a clothes dryer or whether five guys in a cabin for a weekend is going to be epic. Saabeh is just very clever in this thread (as he was in the "visiting the Alps" thread) and it also happens to be about Saabs. Win-win, in my book.

Does every thread need to be 100 percent useful? No. But I know I got tired of digging through a bunch of dreck to get to what I really wanted.

It's kind of why they have jewelry stores in malls instead of manure pits. Is the ring any different? No. But what you have to go through to get to it is.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:36 AM   #57

It's easy to just not click on certain threads or to ignore users if you so choose. I guess it just seems like a wiser option than banning people.

Old 01-18-2009, 11:23 AM   #58
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deek View Post
It's easy to just not click on certain threads or to ignore users if you so choose. I guess it just seems like a wiser option than banning people.
That method hasn't worked out.
Quote:
Old 01-18-2009, 11:57 AM   #59

So the users here really have a difficult time selectively reading things? Or do they just yearn for information to the point that they'll click on a thread titled "I puked in a Walmart today- with pics!" expecting some megasquirt discussion?

Old 01-18-2009, 11:59 AM   #60

NSFW <---warning enough for threads containing locker humor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in