lets have challenges - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Welcome to The Saab Link > Saab Link Site Issue Forum

Saab Link Site Issue Forum Post any questions, concerns, and issues you are having with the site that need to be resolved.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2008, 12:42 PM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to aero93
lets have challenges

okay so most of us here want to show off our cars with cool pics i suggest like other forums have we have photo challenges such as "car in the distance"
or "car in motion" or " extreme angle view " something to that effect and then we all submit and then we set a poll and vote....

anyone for this idea?

just a suggestion because i think it would be something fun to get everyone involved and it would bring together all like 9k guys and girls and 9-3ss and og9-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2008, 01:14 PM   #2
Avid TSL User

This might actually work. At least it would produce nice pictures to forum.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

+ few bicycles
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-21-2008, 01:21 PM   #3
JK
Elder

Great idea. An idea like this was brought up on another forum.

Essentially every member was allowed one entry per month. The entries were to be submitted via email or PM to the organizer and then posted in a way that would not indicate who took the photo.

Each submitted photo was to meet the requirements of the month, and anything that was submiutted that did not meet the requirements (however general or specific they may be) was reject.

By a set date no more submissions would be allowed and then a post set up with all the entries and a poll. Polls close after a ser period of time. The person who wins gets to pick the theme for the next month.

Now, keep in mind this idea on the other forum was not necesarially needed to be car based, and if it was cars, they didn't need to be your own, having a bunch of photos of people's own cars every month would get boring (plus that would give away who took the photo pretty easily).

I'd love to see something like this happen!

Old 10-21-2008, 01:22 PM   #4
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Sounds interesting, and makes me wish I had stolen my dads D60 this weekend.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:02 PM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
I have the perfect location for something like this but don't have the equipment necessary to get the photo idea I have in mind. I would need a tripod and a decent camera with a quick frame rate. I've got a nice wooden pass section that when the leaves come down and cover the road it looks awesome in the rear mirrors at speed. Just like a huge amount of dust but with out getting the car dirty.

Last edited by NahumCC; 10-21-2008 at 02:08 PM.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:07 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to Hiker
I think it's a great idea!

Sit Nomine Digna
Old 10-21-2008, 02:13 PM   #7
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to Palmer
...I think JK should head it up, since he has a good grasp of what to do...and a desk job.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:30 PM   #8

cool im glad everyone likes it, i suggested out own cars because this is a saab forum but hey what ever lol

Old 10-21-2008, 05:38 PM   #9
JK
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
...I think JK should head it up, since he has a good grasp of what to do...and a desk job.

Hehehe. OK, I'll see what I can do...
Old 10-21-2008, 05:39 PM   #10
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Neat.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:18 AM   #11

Sounds good, only problem is that you guys knoe each others cars as your locals too !

1992 9000 CS Nocturne Blue
Daily driver :318i BMW

Old 10-23-2008, 07:01 AM   #12
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Who says it's going to be car pictures every month?

It could be "car related" or something.

I have a few ideas.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:04 AM   #13
SAAB Road Master

i dig it especially in the condition of not limiting it to just car but still keeping it car related
Old 10-23-2008, 07:30 AM   #14
Elder

I'm in.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:36 AM   #15
JK
Elder

The type of thing I would do in the past for photography and such was making a general theme, like "repetition"

You'd get varied results, many of which would reflect the person's interests (be is cars, trains, trees, architecture, etc).

I'll try to write something up for this in the next day or two. My idea is to have a monthly, or bi monthly thing. I think having the first month as somewhat of an experiement would be a good idea, then see how many people are interested in entering. If a lot of people submit photos, then we might have to limit it to a "First 10" to meet the chriteria are eligable.

The only thing you win would be contributing some neat non-typical (for a car site) photos, and then the privledge of picking the topic for the next month. Maybe if there is sufficient interest I can make a little trophy out of metal scraps or someting :P

Any other suggestions?
Old 10-23-2008, 07:41 AM   #16
Elder

How about pictures of people having sex in cars?

Old 10-23-2008, 07:42 AM   #17
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

I think posting the winners picture in the first post of the thread would be neat.

Or, I could make a thread dedicated to it...

Either way.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:45 AM   #18
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stromer
This is a great idea, game on!
Old 10-26-2008, 04:21 PM   #19

sounds fun, I am interested

Old 10-27-2008, 10:27 AM   #20

any updates jk ?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in