Seller ratings - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Welcome to The Saab Link > Saab Link Site Issue Forum

Saab Link Site Issue Forum Post any questions, concerns, and issues you are having with the site that need to be resolved.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2008, 02:00 PM   #1
Elder

Seller ratings

This came up in the thread rating thread that was locked up.

It seemed like there were some good things going on and suggestions. I know the mods, etc are busy, but is this still something that is being discussed?

I guess the only reason this comes up is because I got somethings that weren't described correctly (i.e. key broken components) and I am not too thrilled with it, but I will cope.

Stuff like that just isn't kosher. Aside from that I have had nothing but luck from people that I have purchased from on TSL.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2008, 02:49 PM   #2
JK
Elder

I think this is a good thing.

It holds people accountable for the way they do "business" with other members.
Old 03-09-2008, 02:49 PM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to amish_geek Send a message via MSN to amish_geek
Again, as mentioned in the other thread, we could easily recommend all buyers/sellers use www.heatware.com as a 3rd party rating system.

When selling something, link to your heatware account page detailing all previous transactions. And you can take your rating with you to other forums/places you do commerce.

Old 03-09-2008, 02:50 PM   #4
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to Palmer
I agree.

One thing I do not know is if the current forum software can support something like this.
Old 03-09-2008, 03:02 PM   #5
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by amish_geek View Post
Again, as mentioned in the other thread, we could easily recommend all buyers/sellers use www.heatware.com as a 3rd party rating system.

When selling something, link to your heatware account page detailing all previous transactions. And you can take your rating with you to other forums/places you do commerce.

The only way that would work is if you made it mandatory for a seller to join heatware.

And we can't even get people to list location/prices.

Maybe I am expecting a lot for a faceless person to be honest about the description of his goods.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-09-2008, 03:11 PM   #6
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher View Post
The only way that would work is if you made it mandatory for a seller to join heatware.

And we can't even get people to list location/prices.

Maybe I am expecting a lot for a faceless person to be honest about the description of his goods.
It could be a community-moderated option. the whole buyer-beware.
Old 03-09-2008, 03:14 PM   #7
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Quote:
Originally Posted by amish_geek View Post
the whole buyer-beware.

So just like before then?

Old 03-09-2008, 03:17 PM   #8
Elder

Let's say, it's buyer-beware.

I trust someone.

I ask person if said goods are all kosher and the required material is there, etc.

Person says, yup it's all there

I then get said goods and that is not the case, but quite the contrary.

So buyer was "aware" and asked the proper questions and seller lied. What then?

Now expo facto, I have to ask that seller to join heatware so that I can leave negative feedback for that person.

I highly doubt ol boy is going to join heatware if he couldn't even tell the truth via pm and for sale ad.
Old 03-09-2008, 03:19 PM   #9
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

In this case, you could PM the seller, and ask for a partial refund.

Then depending on the resolution, you could go "public" since there is no feedback system.

Last edited by Palmer; 03-09-2008 at 03:22 PM.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:24 PM   #10
Elder

Send a message via AIM to PaulH
yeah sounds like you should just stop being nice and post the specifics on the forum, seems like the best way to make a dishonest person act honestly.

Paul

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:31 PM   #11
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulH View Post
yeah sounds like you should just stop being nice and post the specifics on the forum, seems like the best way to make a dishonest person act honestly.

Paul
I will wait until I receive a PM back. Until then I am not going to go down that route.

Luckily I had a JK available who could rig something up with aluminum, etc to make said piece work.

That being said, this is the only issue I have had with anything I purchased from anyone on here.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:46 PM   #12
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher View Post
Let's say, it's buyer-beware.

I trust someone.

I ask person if said goods are all kosher and the required material is there, etc.

Person says, yup it's all there

I then get said goods and that is not the case, but quite the contrary.

So buyer was "aware" and asked the proper questions and seller lied. What then?

Now expo facto, I have to ask that seller to join heatware so that I can leave negative feedback for that person.

I highly doubt ol boy is going to join heatware if he couldn't even tell the truth via pm and for sale ad.
In the future, you could ask to create a heatware transaction before the transaction takes place.

I have a heatware account, I think I'm gonna see if the people I've bought off here in the past would be willing to comment on those transactions for me as a buyer (which would then benefit them as a seller)
Old 03-09-2008, 05:49 PM   #13
Elder

Well he has no plans to right the situation.

The claim is that they were "fine" when shipped. I guess that implies that they either broke during shipping or while in my possession.

And they were packed up just fine so I doubt that was the case. So I guess that HAS to mean that they broke while in my possession.

FYI, if the bracketery that holds the Hella 1000 light to the actual bracket is broken... it won't really work. And the wires in the harness were ripped out or cut far too short so I will have to likely buy a whole relay set and harness from RallyLights.com

All that I ask is a little disclosure when doing a for sale ad, would I have bought the Hellas had I know about the bracket and the relay/harness? Probably not, but I guess the own'ess falls on me for not asking for detailed pictures.

I had had really good luck, up until dealing with Drew, so I guess I was more trusting then I should have been.

So if you see me being an ass in classifieds and telling you to stick to the rules, post a price, location, as much details as possible... now you know why.

Becareful out there boys and girls.
Old 03-09-2008, 06:28 PM   #14
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
I was working with Ced last night, but for the near future, any software changes may be slow to integrate. Mostly because of busy times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Old 03-09-2008, 06:29 PM   #15
Elder

Send a message via AIM to drewz airflow se
Thank you for calling me out on this. Please next time you have issues with people take it up in a PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

^CLICK ME^
Old 03-09-2008, 06:44 PM   #16
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewz airflow se View Post
Thank you for calling me out on this. Please next time you have issues with people take it up in a PM.
I did. Do I need to post the PMS with time stamp?
Old 03-09-2008, 06:44 PM   #17
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to Tikka
Posting PMs is a dick move.

Quote:
Which is fine. Because another guy got hit by a deer. Yes, a deer ran into a man.
Old 03-09-2008, 06:47 PM   #18
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

I just want to add I support the sellers rating idea as well, even if it is a simple as a stickied thread. I've been almost burned by a member here who promised a deal but I got nervous because of his lack of response just before I was to send money (and didn't thank goodness I hadn't).

I didn't take it to the forums, but did confront him via PMs and he got pissed. Wish there was some sort of feedback though.

Tboy
Old 03-09-2008, 07:00 PM   #19
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikka View Post
Posting PMs is a dick move.
I completely agree. But so is saying that someone should have pmed you prior to posting a name. Well that and selling broken shit.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:43 AM   #20
Elder

What if we made a sub forum in the classifieds, and each person buying or selling something could have their own thread with their name as the title so it's easy to search.

Then you can leave feedback in each persons thread detailing how things happened - good or bad.

This way you are looking to buy something, go into the sub forum and just search the persons name as a thread title and check out the comments left...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in