Thread Ratings - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Welcome to The Saab Link > Saab Link Site Issue Forum

Saab Link Site Issue Forum Post any questions, concerns, and issues you are having with the site that need to be resolved.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2008, 09:06 AM   #1
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Thread Ratings

I'm sure some of you guys agree with me here. The thread ratings are starting to become really annoying. Somehow every thread ends up being a 4-5 star thread no matter what the topic. I, and I'm sure some of you agree with me, also find it rather tasteless to rate the thread about Tim be it 1 star.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2008, 09:08 AM   #2
c900 Grognard
Elder

Someone today voted a bunch of threads as a 1, that thread, saabvideos threads, and palmers thread. Apparently the world should conform to what they feel is entertaining.

I say, ignore it...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronJoe
Korean wheels, man. Like catnip for the ladies.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 02-07-2008, 09:11 AM   #3
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Straw View Post
Someone today voted a bunch of threads as a 1, that thread, saabvideos threads, and palmers thread. Apparently the world should conform to what they feel is entertaining.

I say, ignore it...
I didn't rate the thread, but I think the problem with SaabVideo's threads are that he sends you back to his site.

It would be nice if he did a brief synopsis and pictures of his restoration in a post and then linked to his site for the rest of the story.

It just get's annoying when there is just a link in a post and no picture, explanation, etc. (and no I am not saying Saabvideos is the only one that does it)

Old 02-07-2008, 09:11 AM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to guru
I honestly think thread ratings are obnoxious but only because they're being abused. Specifically with buying/selling threads and the thread looking for Tim. Real classy...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:13 AM   #5
c900 Grognard
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher View Post
I didn't rate the thread, but I think the problem with SaabVideo's threads are that he sends you back to his site.

It would be nice if he did a brief synopsis and pictures of his restoration in a post and then linked to his site for the rest of the story.

It just get's annoying when there is just a link in a post and no picture, explanation, etc. (and no I am not saying Saabvideos is the only one that does it)
I thought that these recent threads of saabvideos (regarding his rebuild) were just a place for discussion, he was not like "come to my site to discuss" as he has in the past. Regardless, I had to counter the 1 rating with a 5, just so that he wouldn't be insulted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronJoe
Korean wheels, man. Like catnip for the ladies.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:17 AM   #6
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by escalator guru View Post
I honestly think thread ratings are obnoxious but only because they're being abused. Specifically with buying/selling threads and the thread looking for Tim. Real classy...
I will own up. I rated it a ONE star.

Because at thread start this was all that was posted, with no context.

Quote:
pls PM it to me, the one on his facebook is incorrect and i left my phone at the bar tonight.
I hate threads with no context, or when people make a post that is looking for someone, i.e. "where did snowman go?"

Had I known it was serious, I certainly would have refrained from rating it a one star.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:20 AM   #7
JK
Elder

And then, this thread is rated too.

This website is full of young, very imature people. Not just dealing with stuff like this, but really the overall feel lacks a certain sense of maturity. There are 4 people I can think of who will echo answers already pointed out in the thread with NOTHING aditional to add. Its kind of funny.

There are other things too, but I'm trying to not be grumpy for a few months, so I'll keep my bitching off the internet
Old 02-07-2008, 09:22 AM   #8
User
Elder

Send a message via AIM to zingZACH
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK View Post

This website is full of young, very imature people. Not just dealing with stuff like this, but really the overall feel lacks a certain sense of maturity. There are 4 people I can think of who will echo answers already pointed out in the thread with NOTHING aditional to add. Its kind of funny.

There are other things too, but I'm trying to not be grumpy for a few months, so I'll keep my bitching off the internet
It really is sad what this site has become... I wish there was a way of seeing who rated these threads...

Old 02-07-2008, 09:22 AM   #9
Elder

Send a message via AIM to guru
Forgive us for not conforming to your thread standards, but there were more important things to take care of. I hate threads that are filed with bullshit posts from idiots, but I let it slide.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:24 AM   #10
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK View Post

Nira.

Holset.

Two words that I feel are brought up in EVERY thread. And yes the site lacks maturity. I agree.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:24 AM   #11
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by zingZACH View Post
It really is sad what this site has become... I wish there was a way of seeing who rated these threads...
I wouldn't necessarily say that. The off-topic banter has always been similar since I joined this site a while back, but the thread rating thing has never been abused until recently.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:25 AM   #12
Elder

Quote:
Forgive us for not conforming to your thread standards, but there were more important things to take care of. I hate threads that are filed with bullshit posts from idiots, but I let it slide.
No worries. I don't hold it against you.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:27 AM   #13
Elder

Here's an idea: if you don't like the way a thread is rated.... ignore it.

Scroll on down past the stars, and carry on as usual.

As far as I know, the thread ratings have no bearing other than indicated how many pretty little star images to display at the top of the page.

Get over it.

2001 9-3 - Nordic Stage 3
2007 9-5 2.3T Wagon

Old 02-07-2008, 09:30 AM   #14
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to Palmer
It's issues like these that help us not have a sellers feedback system.

Or any feedback system for that matter.

People simply can't handle it.

Here is how it goes:

-people abuse a site feature

-others get mad

-rules are made, infractions handed out, then bitched about

-after a week or so, things blow over

-then same people choose to abuse another part of the site

...and it goes on.

So, in the spirit of site harmony, and teddy bears, ignore the thread rating system if you feel like it.

I do agree with the sprit of the OP's post, I really do, but this is just stupid.

I'm actually pissed now.

If you want to fight, take it to the fucking PM's.

This thread is over.

Last edited by Palmer; 02-07-2008 at 09:32 AM.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:37 AM   #15
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to Palmer
Whatever.

Flame away.

EDIT:

This is the feedback section. I should not have locked the thread.

My bad.

I apologise.

Last edited by Palmer; 02-07-2008 at 09:45 AM.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:45 AM   #16
Elder

Send a message via Yahoo to aireeca
Patience and common sense. May we all get more than we deserve.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:34 AM   #17
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
It's issues like these that help us not have a sellers feedback system.
Here's what I would recommend. But I don't know if it can be programmed in. And it still says on the homepage that classifieds are coming in Sept of 2007.

But if ONE of the mods, someone who is fairly active, could be sent a pm regarding the sale, "i.e. I say, RED DIC was a great seller, easy to deal with, etc" then the MOD leaves the feedback and a seller score.

It seems that sleazy buyers and sellers haven't been uncommon on TSL before, but not all of us know who is who, etc.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:42 AM   #18
Elder

I actually like Topher's idea.

2001 9-3 - Nordic Stage 3
2007 9-5 2.3T Wagon

Old 02-07-2008, 10:48 AM   #19
Elder

Send a message via AIM to b dash rian
here's a thought:

ignore them.

i have never rated a thread, nor have i ever noticed what the rating of a thread was.

Quote:
Football stars play for the Steelers. Suck it, Cleveland.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:50 AM   #20
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by b dash rian View Post
here's a thought:

ignore them.

i have never rated a thread, nor have i ever noticed what the rating of a thread was.
That's because they aren't that visible. If you hit "new posts" you don't see them.

And I just realized that you can view them when you are in a thread.

I thought they were only visible when you were in a subset of a forum, i.e. Off Topic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in