Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Welcome to The Saab Link > Saab Link Site Issue Forum

Saab Link Site Issue Forum Post any questions, concerns, and issues you are having with the site that need to be resolved.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2004, 05:17 PM   #1
Elder

Send a message via AIM to iwantaviggen

um not a big deal just nit picking....

if i open the site and it says 56 new posts..and i dont look through them all and i have to close the browser for some reason...i reopen the site and it says no new post...yah know what i meen...so i cant really tell whats new and whats old..the blue icon is grey.....so is there a way around this? besides not closing the window.....so if i have not accually read the post it stays unread?....

oh and i just realized that i am officially addicted to TSL...really though...i didnt go on for a couple of days (cold turkey) and i had horble withdrawls....oh the pain!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2004, 10:04 PM   #2
Flirting With TSL Addiction

I understand the addiction. I check/read posts almost 4 times a day.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Drive It Like You Stole it!!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Girls only like guys with skills...nunchuku skills, computer hacking skills, Saab driving skills..."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-16-2004, 04:08 AM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
I have that same problem...and the addiction too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 11-16-2004, 09:13 AM   #4
SAAB Road Master

4 times a day....muahahahaha, most times when i check posts, nothing new has been posted

you can see i don't have much to do at work
Old 11-16-2004, 11:29 AM   #5
Elder

i dont get any homework done here at school because i get bored reading on open a browser and without knowing type saablink.net...its scary

Old 11-16-2004, 09:32 PM   #6
HNNLIC
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Blaque Send a message via AIM to Blaque Send a message via MSN to Blaque Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque
The problem your referring to actually has to do with your personal cookie settings.

When you log in (or some people has it where your automatically logged in whenever you access the site), there is a query done that counts and lists all the new posts since you've last logged in.

Well for any reason that you are logged off (like when you close the browser, or in some cases open a new browser and log back in to the site), it resets the query and sees that there hasn't been any new posts since the last time you logged in.

I hope this makes sense.

Unfortunately I don't there's anything I can do about it on this end, but I will ask my webhost. IF this doesn't get fixed however, try using the scrolling "Latest Posts" links on the lower left of the portal page. It won't give you every post you missed, but it will give you at least the top ten.

“Brothers and sisters… and friends…and I see some enemies. In fact, I think we’d be fooling ourselves if we had an audience this large, and didn’t realize that there were.. some enemies present.” –Malcolm X

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in